The ABOX A1 is one of the slimmest Android boxes sent for review. It has the now standard small slab design but with a much slimmer profile than other Android boxes.
The slim design manages to pack in a MicroSD card slot, 2 USB ports, HDMI and 100MB Ethernet port. It also has WiFi which works well and doesn’t need an unsightly external WiFi aerial.
Along with the ABox you get a HDMI cable, power cable and a remote. It’s an IR remote so you’ll need to have line of sight, it does an OK job but, as always with Android boxes, it’s much better to use an airmouse/keyboard combination such as the DroidBox VIP remote.
Power it up and you’re presented with a big button interface that’s easy to navigate using the included remote. There is a row of small shortcuts to apps at the bottom of the home screen that you can customise, selecting or deselecting the apps you want quick access to.
The big buttons can’t be customised, but as some of them are actually just folders holding app shortcuts you can add to what’s stored inside the folders, handy if you end up installing a lot of apps and don’t want to search through the app tray.
It has a number of apps pre-installed and they all favour streaming, so you’ve got things like Netflix, YouTube etc. A version of Kodi is installed, however it’s not a clean version, it has a lot of addons installed. On firing up Kodi some addons triggered warnings that they weren’t working correctly, it’s recommended that rather than mess around trying to fix them you uninstall this version and install a fresh, clean, version.
As a basic internet connected box for streaming and a bit of casual web browsing it works fine. It can be a slow and frustrating process entering text via the included basic remote, especially when searching for things in YouTube or the Google Play store.
If you’re looking for an Android box that’ll also let you play games the ABOX A1 is not the ‘droid box you’re looking for. It downloaded and installed both Asphelt8 and Modern Combat 5 fine, but refused to run either of them, getting stuck on the loading screen and never making it to the game.
If you’re looking for a basic streaming only box to add some smarts to an old TV this low cost box is worth considering. However, it’s a crowded market and for similar money you can buy a far more capable Android box.
The ABOX A1 is available from:
- Amazon co.uk: http://amzn.to/2fB5T4N
- eBay: http://ebay.to/2xFPaYT
- Amazon com: http://amzn.to/2x5ijs4
- Amazon ca: http://amzn.to/2yNWBec
ABOX A1 Android Box Video Review
Masterplug Weatherproof Electric Box for Outdoors with Four Socket 10 Metre Extension Lead, 351 x 220 x 126.5 mm, Black
- WEATHERPROOF AND ROBUST OUTDOOR ELECTRIC BOX: From Masterplug, has an IP54 weather and dust proof rating, enabling you a safe outdoor power supply
- FOR GARDENING, DIY TASKS OR ENTERTAINING OUTDOORS: You can safely use lawnmowers and strimmer's, even in damp, moist conditions or perfect for outdoor Christmas lights and decorations
- COMPLETE WITH FOUR SOCKET EXTENSION LEAD: The outdoor weatherproof box is large enough to fit bulky large adapters, transformers and timers
- WITH A HINGED FRONT COVER, A SECURE SIDE CATCH: The outdoor weatherproof box also has wall fixing capabilities as well as a hook and fastener strip to hold the extension lead in place
- MASTERPLUG IS PART OF LUCECO PLC: They guarantee against faulty materials and workmanship – giving you total peace of mind
D-Line Cable Tidy Box Hide and Conceal Extension Blocks and Electrical Cables, Fully Safety Tested Cable Management Solution, Made from Robust Electrically-Safe ABS Material - Large, White
£14.05 in stock
1 used from £8.99
- D-Line's Cable Tidy Box has 3 x cable entry / exits in the rear, meaning a neat appearance is always maintained. To ensure entry/exit cables or organised use with D-Line Cable Tube, Cable Trunking, Cable Wrap or Cable Zipper.
- D-Line's Cable Hider Box conceals/protects cables and extension blocks, making them less accessible (to pets and infants). Hiding extension blocks & excess cables in a D-Line Cable Management Box also makes surfaces easier to clean.
- Popular wire organiser to act as; a TV cable management solution in homes, to tidy excess cables around gaming equipment or in workspaces as an under desk cable management solution.
- D-Line's Cable Tidy Box has curved ends & a polished lid, blending with high-end AV/IT equipment.
- D-Line - Large Cable Management Box dimensions: 415mm (L) x 165mm (W) 135mm (H) - Large, White
Android TV BOX, Q PLUS Android 9.0 TV BOX 2GB RAM/16GB ROM H6 Quad-Core Support 2.4Ghz WiFi 6K HDMI DLNA 3D Smart TV BOX
- ★【The Latest Android 9.0 OS】Q PLUS Android TV box comes with Android 9.0 operation system, the latest H6 Quad-Core Cortex-A53 CPU with Mali-T720MP2 GPU, which make sure the box running stable and smooth to load movies, pictures and games without a buffer. Android 9.0 raises the bar in performance and usability with a slick lag-free interface, more stable.
- ★【2GB RAM + 16GB ROM】2G RAM large storage ensures speed and stability of the operation system, supports much higher running speed, without buffering or breaking down; 16GB ROM, gives enough room for installing apps, games etc. You can also expand the memory via the micro SD card slot. No need to worry about running out of space.
- ★【2.4G WIFI & Ethernet】Comes with built-in 2.4G Wi-Fi and supports 10/100M Ethernet LAN. We offer convenient connection and more stable WIFI signal to enjoy higher quality video experience. Just plug in the power supply, connect the box HDMI cable and Wi-Fi/Ethernet, you can enjoy whatever you like.
- ★【6K + 3D 】Q PLUS Android TV box supports decoding and playing almost all popular audio and video formats, you can enjoy 6K ultimate HD video, which is clearer than 4K. You can play thousands of android games in a large 6K screen and enjoy a higher quality experience with less buffering. What's more, this TV box support 3D, you can enjoy the visual feast.
- ★【Warranty & Service】We try our best to make 100% satisfaction of our customers: 1-year warranty and lifetime technical support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question or concern, we will fix your issue within 24 hours.