It’s a simple idea and an obvious one when you think about it, a hat with Bluetooth speakers in!
The August EPA20 is exactly that, a beanie hat which has two little speakers stitched in. First impression may cause concern that the inclusion of hard plastic speakers would make the hat uncomfortable to wear, but this isn’t the case; they sit nicely on your ears and the speaker position can be adjusted to allow this to be a one size fits all cap.
One of the speakers has the controls and the battery which is charged via USB. In theory you’d never need to remove the speakers from the August EPA20 as they can be charged while inside it, but if you do want to remove them to wash the cap this is quickly and easily done by sliding them round to the exit point.
Pairing with your phone is is quick and easy and the controls on the cap means you’ll be able to leave you phone in your pocket.
The cap is very comfrortavle and keeps your head nice and toasty, however the speakers are just OK. They offer little in the way of bass making music rather tinny. They’re fine if you want to listen to talking, so great for audio books while out walking, but this won’t replace a dedicated set of headphones for those who enjoy good quality sound.
A nice novelty item that is actually useful, makes for a good little stocking filler.
Available now from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1vv1GCs
August EPA20 Bluetooth Beanie Hat - Keep Your Ears Warm, Play Music Wirelessly
1 used from £ 7.06
- KEEP WARM IN THE COLD WEATHER - Snug winter beanie with Bluetooth Headphones
- PLAYBACK CONTROLS - Skip songs, change volume and answer calls
- UP TO 8 HOURS PLAYBACK - Listen for 8 Hours without the need to recharge!
- LISTEN TO MUSIC WIRELESSLY - No need for wires! Connect via 3.5mm for devices without Bluetooth
- SOUND & STYLE - Available in a range of colours and styles