The Aukey AC750 Wi-Fi Repeater is a little wall socket Wi-Fi repeater is an interesting solution for those with Wi-Fi signal problems.
It’s a small unit that plugs into a power socket and can repeat your wifi network signal to boost the wifi range to areas of your home that might currently offer rather poor/no connection. It has a set of status lights on the front, an on/off switch on one side, a couple of ethernet ports, the WPS button, reset button and mode selector on the bottom.
Setup is very simple, plug it in, press the WPS key on the AC750 and your router and you should be up and running. However if that doesn’t work or you don’t have WPS on your router you can manually set this up. It requires you to connect to the repeaters wifi network first before following on screen instructions (see video review below).
Overall this option wasn’t too problematic, you just need to make sure you’re connected to the AC750s wifi network and that the physical mode switch on the unit is set to repeater mode.
Once configured you’ll need to find the sweet spot to place this, the AC750 should be placed away from your router where there is still a signal, but close to the current dead spot in order to provide Wi-Fi coverage
One thing to note is that you’ll likely see a speed drop compared to connecting to the router directly, however this isn’t much of an issue if it means you have a signal where once there was nothing.
If the speed drop is a problem you might want to consider a Powerline solution instead, but that can be a far more expensive solution so if it’s just a poor Wi-Fi signal you’re struggling with the Aukey AC750 is well worth a try.
TP-Link AC1750 Universal Dual Band Range Extender, Broadband/Wi-Fi Extender, Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with 1 Gigabit Port and 3 External Antennas, Built-in Access Point Mode, UK Plug (RE450)
£53.00 in stock
- Wi-Fi speed – provides dual band Wi-Fi access up to 1750 Mbps with Wi-Fi standard - 802.11ac technology
- Universal compatible – works with any Wi-Fi router or wireless access point. Standards and Protocols : IEEE802.11ac, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Gigabit ethernet port – act as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices such as a game console or smart TV to create a wired connection.Version 1.1
- Smart signal indicator – smart signal lights help to find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage by showing the signal strength.One button encryption – press the WPS button on your router and the range extender button on your RE450 within two minutes to easily connect to the network
- Frequency:2.4GHz and 5GHz
TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit, Range Extender, Broadband/WiFi Extender, WiFi Booster/Hotspot, No Configuration Required, UK Plug
£39.00 in stock
3 used from £30.02
- Super-fast powerline Speed – HomePlug AV standard compliant, stable and high-speed data transfer rate, ideal for Ultra HD streaming and online gaming
- WiFi booster – extend up to 300 Mbps Wireless connections to previously hard-to-reach areas of your home and office. System Requirements : Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Mac, Linux
- Multiple Ethernet ports – provide reliable high-speed wired connection for game consoles, smart TVs and NAS
- One Touch for super range extension - Wi-Fi Clone button simplifies your WiFi configuration and helps build a seamless unified home network with one simple touch
- Plug, pair and play - set up your powerline network and start enjoying fast, seamless wired/wireless connection in minutes