The AUKEY DR-01 dash camera is a fairly standard offering for a sub-£100 dash camera.
Along with the DR-01 you get a power cable, an in car charger with 2 USB ports, cable tidies, and two mounts. One of the mounts is a stick pad mount, the other is a suction mount.
The power cable plugs directly into the camera, rather than into the mount which powers the camera, which means you have to unplug it if you want to take it out of your vehicle. The mount attaches to the front of the DR-01, it does the job but this position can mean it’s not the quickest camera to unmount.
Setup was very easy, the camera has lots of options for you to check out but you only really need to put in the correct date/time before first time use. Footage is recorded to a microSD card (slotted into the top) and both audio and video can be recorded.
Rather than record one long file of your trip each journey is split into different files, timestamped to make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
The DR-01 has a Sony Exmor sensor. Combined with the 170° lens and you get really good footage which covers multiple lans of traffic, idea if you do a lot of motorway driving but also useful to capture people coming out of side streets. The camera captures 1080p footage which looks good when played back, see the review video below.
The microphone does a decent job of picking up general chatting in the car and should easily pickup any loud noises for events not caught on camera, such as a side impact. Recording sound is option if you’d prefer not to listen to your in car singing!
The DR-01 is a perfectly decent dash camera for the price.
AUKEY DR-01 Dash Camera Video Review
AUKEY Dash Cam Full HD 1080P Dash Camera for Cars with Supercapacitor and 6-Lane 170 Degrees Wide Angle Lens Car Camera with 2 inches LCD, G-Sensor, Motion Detection, Dual-Port Car Charger
£49.99 in stock
1 used from £35.89
- Clear Video Capture: The DR01 backs you up in any road incident. Sony Exmor Sensor captures super-sharp 1080p video (and optional in-car audio) with 170° field of view and also performs well for nighttime driving
- Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage.
- Extreme Temperature Operation: Powered by the included dual-port USB car charger and internal supercapacitor. The supercapacitor has greater heat & cold endurance and longer lifetime than standard battery technology
- Easy Mounting: Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included suction cup or double-sided 3M pad
- Package Contents: AUKEY DR01 Dashboard Camera, Dual-Port USB Car Charger, USB Mini-B Power Cable (4m/4.37yd), Sticker Mount, Three 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, User Manual
AUKEY Dash Cam FHD 1080p Car Camera Supercapacitor 170 Degree 6-Lane Wide Angle Lens Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR and Motion Dection
£50.99 in stock
3 used from £54.67
- FHD 1080p: Sony Exmor Sensor captures everything in super-sharp full 1080p resolution with super-wide 170° field of view. It maintains strong performance in low-light conditions for nighttime driving.
- Extreme Temperature Operation: This camera uses a supercapacitor for greater heat & cold endurance (-30°C – 75°C / -22°F – 167°F) and longer lifetime than standard battery technology
- Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage
- Motion Detection: With a built-in G-sensor, the dash camera can automatically detect a sudden shake/collision. Connect to hardwire kit or the AUKEY PM-YY (sold separately) to maintain the power supply to your dash camera even when the car ignition is switched off
- Package Contents: AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera, Dual-Port USB Car Charger, USB Mini-B Power Cable (4m/4.37yd), Sticker Mount, Two 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, User Manual
AUKEY 1080p Webcam, Full HD USB Computer Camera with Stereo Microphones and High Dynamic Range for PC/Laptop Video Calling & Recording (Black 1)
- Full HD Video: High-definition 1080p webcam with 1/2.9” CMOS image sensor. Delivers sharp, smooth video for Skype calls and video recordings
- Enhanced Image: High Dynamic Range produces substantially better video by maximizing detail in all areas of the image. Automatic Exposure Control balances brightness to keep video clear, even in very bright or dimly lit rooms
- Integrated Stereo Microphones: The two digital microphones ensure clear, natural sound and significantly reduce background noise
- Easy to Use: Clip the webcam onto a computer monitor or laptop, stand on a desk, or mount on a tripod. Plug it into your device’s USB port and start using it right away (no drivers or software to install). Compatible with Windows XP, Mac OS 10.6, and Android 5.0 or above
- Package Contents: AUKEY PC-LM1H 1080p Webcam, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card