The AUKEY DR-01 dash camera is a fairly standard offering for a sub-£100 dash camera.
Along with the DR-01 you get a power cable, an in car charger with 2 USB ports, cable tidies, and two mounts. One of the mounts is a stick pad mount, the other is a suction mount.
The power cable plugs directly into the camera, rather than into the mount which powers the camera, which means you have to unplug it if you want to take it out of your vehicle. The mount attaches to the front of the DR-01, it does the job but this position can mean it’s not the quickest camera to unmount.
Setup was very easy, the camera has lots of options for you to check out but you only really need to put in the correct date/time before first time use. Footage is recorded to a microSD card (slotted into the top) and both audio and video can be recorded.
Rather than record one long file of your trip each journey is split into different files, timestamped to make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
The DR-01 has a Sony Exmor sensor. Combined with the 170° lens and you get really good footage which covers multiple lans of traffic, idea if you do a lot of motorway driving but also useful to capture people coming out of side streets. The camera captures 1080p footage which looks good when played back, see the review video below.
The microphone does a decent job of picking up general chatting in the car and should easily pickup any loud noises for events not caught on camera, such as a side impact. Recording sound is option if you’d prefer not to listen to your in car singing!
The DR-01 is a perfectly decent dash camera for the price.
AUKEY DR-01 Dash Camera Video Review
AUKEY Dash Cam Full HD 1080P Dash Camera for Cars with Supercapacitor and 6-Lane 170 Degrees Wide Angle Lens Car Camera with 2 inches LCD, G-Sensor, Motion Detection, Dual-Port Car Charger
£49.99 in stock
- Clear Video Capture: The DR01 backs you up in any road incident. Sony Exmor Sensor captures super-sharp 1080p video (and optional in-car audio) with 170° field of view and also performs well for nighttime driving
- Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage.
- Extreme Temperature Operation: Powered by the included dual-port USB car charger and internal supercapacitor. The supercapacitor has greater heat & cold endurance and longer lifetime than standard battery technology
- Easy Mounting: Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included suction cup or double-sided 3M pad
- Package Contents: AUKEY DR01 Dashboard Camera, Dual-Port USB Car Charger, USB Mini-B Power Cable (4m/4.37yd), Sticker Mount, Three 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, User Manual
AUKEY Dashcam 1080P FHD Autokamera mit 170 Grad Weitwinkel, Superkondensator, WDR Nachtsicht Kamera für Auto mit G-Sensor, Bewegungserkennung, Loop-Aufnahme und Dual-Port Kfz-Ladegerät
£64.99 in stock
- FHD 1080p: Sony Exmor Sensor captures everything in super-sharp full 1080p resolution with super-wide 170° field of view. It maintains strong performance in low-light conditions for nighttime driving.
- Extreme Temperature Operation: This camera uses a supercapacitor for greater heat & cold endurance (-30°C – 75°C / -22°F – 167°F) and longer lifetime than standard battery technology
- Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage
- Motion Detection: With a built-in G-sensor, the dash camera can automatically detect a sudden shake/collision. Connect to hardwire kit or the AUKEY PM-YY (sold separately) to maintain the power supply to your dash camera even when the car ignition is switched off
- Package Contents: AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera, Dual-Port USB Car Charger, USB Mini-B Power Cable (4m/4.37yd), Sticker Mount, Two 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, User Manual
ORSKEY Dash Cam Front and Rear 1080P Full HD Dual Dash Camera In Car Camera Dashboard Camera Dashcam for Cars 170 Wide Angle HDR with 3.0" LCD Display Night Vision Motion Detection and G-sensor
£29.99 in stock
- Front and Rear Dual Recording Dash Cam: Full HD 1920X1080P at 30 fps video front camera with VGA waterproof rear cam. Simultaneously show front and back driving states, provide a safer daily driving environment.
- Superior Night Vision Dash Cam: 6 unique infrared LED fill lights allows the dash cam to perform optimally in low light situations. WDR technology allows for the best night video.
- 170° Wide Angle Dash Cam & 6G Lens : Combined with Sony sensor and 6 glass lens and 170 Degree wide angle lens allows COMS get more clear images. High-performance chipset which enables you to take up to 1080P 30fps full HD videos and 12MP pictures.
- Intelligent Operation: G-sensor activated Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage. Note: Operation requires a micro SD Card (Support up to 32GB Card Not Included)
- Easy Operation & Guarantee: Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included suction cup. We also provide 12 months guarantee, with a qualified after-sale service team, 7 days/ 24 hours for serving you.