What’s the best hole punch? Aren’t they all the same? Rapesco think not and have produced 3 very different hole punchers to suit your needs, be that home, school or work.
Power Assisted Hole Punch
For years I’ve used a cheap hole punch at home and in the office, I didn’t really think a more expensive one would be that much better. Turns out I was wrong! The Rapesco Power Assisted hole punch is really good, it’s about the same size as a basic hole punch and so it great for any environment, work or domestic, and it makes light work of up to 30 sheets of 3mm paper at the same time.
It’s got a paper size guide to ensure you punch holes in the same place each time and to get the discarded paper out there is a small hatch you open. I much prefer that to my previous hole punch that had a detachable trey, the sort that would often fall off and leave me surrounded by lots of tiny paper circles!
Great hole punch for your home or office, it’s the first in the video below and is available now from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1uiPJyt
Heavy Duty Hole Punch, P1100
What if you regularly need to punch more than a couple of sheets? The Rapesco P1100 is a solid bit of stationary designed to punch through a lot of paper in one go and it feels like it’ll last a long time. It is large and so is best suited to an office/home office as opposed to just a home hole punch you’ll use once in a while.
It’s got a good set of paper guides that are a lot more solid than the usual plastic guides you get on lower cost hole punches. It certainly does the job, but with more paper you will need to put more effort in. As you’ll see in the video below this is the second hole punch featured and when punching around 100 sheets I had to push down harder than I was expecting.
Also be aware this has parts you’ll need to replace. At the time of review, on Amazon the cutters start at about £15 and the boards at around £5. Neatly there is a little draw to store the spares.
It is expensive but at the same time feels very robust and will make any filing you’ve got to do that much quicker. If you’ve hundreds of sheets of paper to regularly punch this would be a good investment, it’s far better than a cheap hole puncher.
Available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1pMgIMo
VERY Heavy Duty Hole Punch, 4400
This is the largest hole punch I’ve ever seen! It’s surprisingly heavy and has certainly been built to last. It can punch through a lot of paper in one go, providing you with 4 neat holes (A4 landscape) for you to easily file away documents.
As with the P1100 you’ll need to use cutting boards and there is a small tray to hold replacements. These appeared to wear away very quickly so be aware you might be replacing them fairly often.
In use it works well, punching through a large number of sheets in a single go. However, it does need you to apply a fair amount of pressure when punching a large number of sheets. Although it has a section to collect the punched paper there were often bits of punched paper left on the main unit.
This this is a beast, so ensure you’ve an area free that you might place a printer.
Solidly built and will give you a bit of a work out if repeatedly punching through a lot of paper, this is available on Amazon now: http://amzn.to/1lQEJaa
Brillaint Style Single Hole Punch Single Hole Pliers Punch One Hole Chrome Metal Perforator - 10 Sheet Capacity
- Metal material, compact design
- Lightweight, convenient to carry
- Anti-scratch and anti-corrosion, durable
- High quality and fine workmanship
- Up to 10 Sheets of 80gsm Paper
UCEC 2 Inch Paper Punch, DIY Handmade Craft Punch Shape Circle Punch Great for Crafting Scrapbooking Cards Arts Fun Projects
- ⭕Easy to Use --- The 2 inch hole punch with spring-action lever makes the craft circle punch easier and comfortable to use, easy get circle shape from card-stock, punches cleanly every time for consistently great designs.
- ⭕High Quality & Detail Size --- The large craft punches with high quality material: ABS+aluminium alloy. Craft punch size: 11*7*8cm, Punch out size: 2” Circle.
- ⭕Wide Applications --- Simple to use and will make perfectly shaped designs from card-stock, paper, cardboard, felt, foam, etc.
- ⭕Perfect Gifts --- For punched out images to decorate cards, envelopes, kids artwork, scrapbook pages, photo frames decor, origami, gift wrap, decorations, embellishments and more. Can excite children's curiosity and promote imagination, developing intelligence, exercising the ability of using hands and brain.
- ⭕Seller Tips --- Please keep away these items from 0-3 years old children for safety. We 100% refund or resend for each defective you receive!
COSYLAND Leather Hole Punch Belt Puncher with Piercing Tool, Heavy Duty Revolving Punch Plier DIY Tools for Belts, Watch, Bands, Card, Rubber
- HEAVY DUTY - Industrial standard that doesn’t need much hand strength and is sharp enough to cut smoothly through leather and other materials.
- REVOLVING HOLE PUNCHER - that punches 6 different sharp, precise round holes of: 2mm 5/64", 2.5mm 3/32", 3mm 1/8", 3.5mm 9/64", 4mm 5/32" and 4.5mm 11/64".
- CUSHIONED HANDLES - Ideal for long, repetitive work without causing sore hands or blisters because the handles are cushioned, non-slip and ergonomic.
- NOT JUST LEATHER - Punching through leather, plastic, canvas, cardboard, rubber, polyurethane, fabrics, silk and many other materials.
- MUST HAVE for crafts, hobbyist, DIY. Punching neat holes in belts, bags, horse tack, saddles, shoes, sandals, pet collars, Id, store cards and many different craft projects.