The Braun WaterFlex is a good looking electric razor that feels solidly built and comes in a range of colours. As you can see from the video I’ve the blue version, but you can also get it in white, red and black. From the users point of view the WaterFlex has a nice simple design, with a single power button on the front, extendable sideburns razor around the back, charging plug on the bottom and a removable blade cassette on top. The grip (the coloured section of the razor) is anti-slip and this ensures the razor doesn’t slip in your hand even when wet.
The WaterFlex comes with a cleaning brush, charging cable a a small clip on guard to protect the blades when travelling. Surprisingly there is no travel case included, and although this isn’t a major issue it’s a little disappointing if only because a case would’ve been a great way to store the included accessories when not in use.
The head of the razor swivels as you use it and this gives a very comfortable shaving experience, the blade angle adjusts automatically to the shape of your face. It’s fully waterproof so you can use this in the show if you want to, it can be used dry (i.e. nothing on your skin), with water, or with shaving foam. I’d suggest trying out each method to find the one that is best for you.
Charging takes about an hour for a full charge, which is forty five minutes of shaving time, but if desperate you can give it a quick 5 minute charge for a single shave. Battery life will depend on how often you’re shaving and for how long, but it easily lasted a week if used each morning.
The charging cable is one with a bathroom power plug, if you don’t have a charging point in your bathroom you’ll need to pick up an adapter. An important safety feature is that it isn’t possible to use the razor while it’s charging, this is to prevent someone accidentally electrocuting themselves by jumping into the shower with it plugged into the wall.
Cleaning is really simple, just pop the blades off the top and give both the blades and the main unit a quick clean with the included brush. If correctly maintained the blades should last about 18 months until they need replacing, at the time of review the replacement blades were just under £30, meaning in the long run this would be far less expensive to use than wet razors.
Overall the Braun WaterFlex gives a really good close shave. While it might not be as close as a wet razor it’s closer than the recently reviewed Braun Series 3 razor and it’s safer to use than wet razors, meaning it’s especially great for those who are inexperienced at shaving or those who struggle with wet razors.
Available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1uOV1lA
Braun Waterflex WF2s Men's Electric Foil Shaver Wet and Dry Rechargeable and Cordless Razor - Blue
- For an unbeatably close, smooth feeling. With contour-adaptive swivel head for optimum adaptation
- Synergised foil and blades give you a desired shave and an unbeatably close smooth skin feeling. Three action cutting system shaves long hair as easily as short hair
- 100% waterproof wet and dry shaver to use under the shower with foam or gel
- Contour-adaptive swivel head adapts to contours around the jawline and under the chin. OptiBlade: Braun’s enhanced foil for closeness that lasts longer
- Precision long hair trimmer for precise styling. Full charge in 1hour only - 45min. cordless shaving
Braun Shaver Replacement Part 51B, Compatible with WaterFlex Shavers, Black
£22.18 in stock
- Get back 100 percent performance on your Braun shaver for a fraction of the original cost
- Compatible with generation WaterFlex (WF1s, WF2s all colours)
- Easily replace your Braun shaver parts every 18 months to maintain peak performance
- Small investment, peak performance
Braun Series 5 Electric Shaver for Men with Precision Beard Trimmer, Wet and Dry, Rechargeable, Cordless Foil Razor, Blue, 50-B1200s
£59.99 in stock
- Electric shaver for men with three flexible blades that adapts to facial contours for a close shave made easy
- The EasyClean system delivers a fast and easy cleaning without removing the shaver head
- Included: Precision trimmer attachment for moustache and sideburns trimming
- Li-Ion Battery for up to 3 weeks of shaving (50 min). 5 min quick charge for one full shave
- 100 Percent waterproof electric razor for wet and dry use