The Bruno mattress is joins the growing trend of mattresses being delivered directly to your door, buy the idea being that you cut out the middle man at the shop and you get a reduced price, and in theory a better mattress for your money.
This isn’t a new concept, indeed earlier this year I reviewed the Eve mattress that operates on this very model.
Being happy with the Eve mattress the Bruno was delivered to a relative who agreed to help me test it out.
The Bruno arrives in a tall box and, unless you hit the gym a lot, you’ll likely need a few people to get it into position. The long box made pushing it up the stairs fairly easy, but was a hindrance when trying to get it round tight corners.
Turns out the way the Bruno is packaged means the box can actually be removed before trying to lug it upstairs as the mattress is rolled up and vacuum wrapped. Once on the bed frame you free the mattress and it unrolls and expands itself in an impressive manner.
As well as the mattress you get a little welcome document and a box of tasty chocolate Bruno bears, YUM!
You need to leave the mattress for a couple of hours to fully settle and firm up. The Bruno is hand assembled in German and is made from latex because, I’m told, latex is naturally breathable and has antimicrobial properties.
I haven’t personally slept on the mattress so I should explain why I decided to get some help for this review. As you’ll see in the review video below my helper is in her 60s and suffers from spondylosis, basically problems with the spine.
This is an important point as the Bruno team claim the design has a 7 zone support system that “supports the spine while relieving pressure points in the shoulders and hips.”
The mattress in use before Bruno was approximately 8 years old and had been causing some discomfort as well as being a tricky to get out of in the morning due to it sinking the sleeper sinking into a dip.
Although the Bruno mattress comes with a multi night trial, which includes free returns and a full refund, it took just a single night to benefit from the Bruno.
The morning after the first nights sleep I expected a call to report early morning on how things had gone…but that call didn’t come until much later as, for the first time in a very long time, our willing test subject had overslept!
The mattress has proven to be a huge hit, it offers excellent support which has lived up to the claim regarding spinal support, it’s firm without being hard, and there was no sinking feeling that resulted in having to climb out of a hole in the morning.
Interestingly the Bruno has also proven to be far better at keeping the bed at a comfortable temperature, eliminating a problem of waking up too hot.
The mattress has now been in place for almost four weeks and when I asked if I should arrange a return was told “You’ll have to return me with it!”
Mattress technology might not sound too exciting, but as most people spend a large amount of time in bed it’s important to have a good quality mattress. With a range of internet options available now is an ideal time to replace an ageing mattress and the Bruno is an excellent option.
The brilliant design has genuinely helped improve the quality of sleep, and therefore the quality of life, in a very short space of time.
The Bruno is available in a range of sizes and can be ordered directly from: https://www.brunosleep.co.uk/
Bruno Mattress Video Review
Vesgantti 5FT King Size Mattress, 11 Inch Pocket Sprung Mattress King Size with Breathable Foam and Individually Pocket Spring - Medium, Luxury Box Top Collection
- 【28cm Box Top Mattress】- Luxurious Button-Tufted Cashmere Fabric cover with 2.5cm Egg-Shaped Foam perfectly contours to your body, absorbs noise and vibration, allows for superior airflow and massages your pressure points for ultimate restfulness
- 【Medium to Firm Mattress】- Designed with layers of CertiPUR-US certified foam and hundreds of individual pocket springs, Vesgantti king size mattress is soft enough to be comfortable yet firm enough to be supportive. A ultra-quiet hybrid mattress for side, back and stomach sleepers
- 【100-Nights Trial】- Vesgantti knows that your body may need 4 weeks to get used to a new mattress. Order it now with free shipping and try your Vesgantti memory foam pocket sprung mattress at home for 100 nights to see if it is the right mattress for you
- 【Mattress-in-a-Box】- Vacuum packed and shipped directly to your door, our mattresses will expand in minutes and get its full size in 72 hours. If you are confused about the size, please contact us first and we will tell you the right steps of measurement
- 【Buy Smart Vesgantti】- We provide every family with comfortable and supportive mattresses at the best price ratio. Your Vesgantti mattress also comes with 10-year limited warranty, please send us email for more details!
Active Era Premium King Size Air Bed with a Built-in Electric Pump and Pillow
£69.99 in stock
- BUILT-IN ELECTRIC PUMP Integrated easy-to-use electric pump fully inflates the air mattress to firmness in 3 minutes (mains powered)
- INTEGRATED PILLOW Ergonomically designed raised-pillow provides head and neck support with bed-like comfort for a great night's sleep
- FULL-BODY SUPPORT This blow up bed is fitted with 35 structured air-coils to provide maximum support for your body, neck and spine
- DURABLE DESIGN Built with an extra thick, hard wearing and waterproof flocked top layer that has been designed with a 5 gauge puncture-resistant material
- LARGE KING SIZE with inflated dimensions of 152 x 203 x 50cm. CE Approved
Comfy Living LUXURY 5FT KING MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS - CHARLOTTE
- 5FT KING CHARLOTTE MEMORY FOAM TOPPED MATTRESS
- Spring/ Memory Foam woven into cover, Medium Firmness, Mattress depth 25 cm (approx 10”)
- 13.5g Open Coil Spring unit has been re-enforced with 9mm rod edge to provide a supportive sleeping platform
- hypo-allergenic fillings including a generous layer of 65 kg/m3 memory foam
- Dust mite resistant and hypo-allergenic, perfect for allergy sufferers, Mattress depth 25 cm (approx 10”)