The DBPOWER 1080P Dual-lens Car Camera DVR is an interesting take on the dash cam. Rather than it being a little box that sits on your windscreen this is a very large mirror that replaces your existing mirror.
Note that this won’t be suitable for use in some cars, for example the mirror in a Ford Focus was too ‘fat’ for this to clip over, however it worked fine in a Ford Fiesta.
As well as the unusual design this is the first dash camera reviewed that happens to feature an optional rear camera.
Setup was OKish, after overcoming the mirror problem by installing it in a different car there was then the issue of trying to fit all the wires, there is a wire from the mirror camera to the car and from the mirror camera to the rear view mirror. A nice touch is that the charging plug also acts as a USB port to allow you to charge your mobile on the go.
The manual attempts to help demonstrate how to install this, but it was rather poor and the black and white pictures were of little help.
You’ll need to provide a memory card, once installed you’re ready to get going. It records the front and back camera (back camera is optional, you don’t need to install it) as two separate files. These should be named similar time dates so you can match them up.
The DBPOWER car DVR features a little 5 inch screen built into the mirror and this is where you can adjust menu options or select different camera views. The design of the mirror means you can focus on the screen or focus on the mirror aspect. This took a bit of getting use to and wasn’t something that felt like I’d get use to.
Video quality was below average, having tried a number of dash cameras this has to produce the worst picture ever seen, however it was at least good enough that you’d have evidence of what happened, both in front and behind you, if you needed it, and that’s the important thing.
So lots of interesting ideas, it will certainly do the job of recording an accident. The over the mirror design is a little too much of a design innovation, with it replaces your existing mirror and having to get use to focusing on different things. The traditional dash cam design that doesn’t interfere with your rear view in any way.
Keep in mind this records front AND rear footage for the low price, not a feature I’ve seen on other cameras I’ve tried, so if you can get use to the replacement mirror this could be a good low cost way of having footage in case of an accident.
AKASO EK7000 4K Sport Action Camera Ultra HD Camcorder 12MP WiFi Waterproof Camera 170 Degree Wide View Angle 2 Inch LCD Screen W/2.4G Remote Control/2 Rechargeable Batteries/19 Accessories Kits (Black)
1 used from £33.31
- 4K Ultra HD Action Camera. Professional 4K 25fps & 2.7K 30fps video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras. Capture and share your world in a fantastic resolution.
- Wireless Wrist Remote Control Sports Camera. Featuring a wrist 2.4G wireless RF Remote Control, you can capture your world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video are now ultra convenient-just press the button of the Remote Control. No more looking to your Sports Camera to start and stop recordings or snap photos. Full control your Sports Camera with the remote.
- Longer Battery Life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries and 1 usb dual battery charger. Each 1050mAh battery can record up tp 90 minutes. You will no more worry about the recording time for this action camera.
- Built-In WIFI & HDMI, edit & share your action in minutes. Just download App(iSmart DV) on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Then operate or review the images or videos via Android or iOS devices. WiFi signal ranges up to 10 meters.
- 100 Feet(30m) waterproof camera. AKASO EK7000 is designed to withstand extreme environments. Equipped with IP68 waterproof case,durable waterproof to 100 Feet (30m).Ideal for water sports like swimming, drifting, surfing etc. Come along with tons of free accessories, the accessories suit for GoPro as well.You can transform it to fit various indoor and outdoor extreme activities.
Crosstour Action Camera 4K 20MP Wifi Underwater 30M with Remote Control IP68 Waterproof Case
£39.99 in stock
- 4K 20MP Action Camera - Cross tour Ultra HD 4K camera features rich video resolution options, including professional 4K(30fps), 2.7K(30fps) and 1080P(60fps) for your preference. 20MP photo taking resolution makes photos much clearer than those taken by 16MP cameras. 6 layers of optical glass lens brings you all vivid and incredible pictures.
- Wireless Remote Control - You are able to have total control of your camera with the remote control. Red button for photo taking and gray button for video recording. Quite convenient for you to take photos or record videos in places you can’t reach.
- 30M Underwater Camera - The waterproof case this camera comes with is made of IP68 material. you can dive up to 98.4ft. Perfect protection from rocks, dust and scratches. Fill yourself with joy of beauties in snow, rain or underwater( diving, skiing, surfing).
- Built-in Wi-Fi Sports Cam - With Wi-Fi connected, the camera is completely under your control in "DV KING 4K" APP. You can see what is displaying in camera without delay. Resolution setting, video recording, files deleting can be all realized. You are able to share your happiness to social medias.
- Abundant Mounting Accessories Pack - Accessories pack mainly included 2*1050mAh batteries, remote control, mounting kits, various strap and fixed base. The kit will meet different demands of outdoor sports. The accessories suit for GoPro as well. In addition, the camera has CE, FCC, RoHS certification, 12 months guarantee, a qualified after-sale service team, 7 days/ 24 hours serving you.