The DROCON Traveler Beginner Drone is an easy to fly quadcopter that manages to stay fairly stable, surprising given the low price point.
In the box you get the main drone body, an optional camera, remote control, and various replacement parts.
It requires some assembly, you’ll need to attached the landing struts (using the included screwdriver) and the included WiFi video camera (tool less installation). The WiFi camera records to a microSD card and one is included.
The large battery is charged via a special charging cable and clips into the back of the DROCON Traveler.
To make use of the WiFi camera you’ll need to download the required app and connect your mobile to the cameras WiFi network. Once connect you can see, in real-time, what the camera sees and can also trigged the camera recording.
The remote has a cool pull out mobile phone holder allowing you to slot your mobile (a OnePlus 5 was used) onto the remote to easily see the real-time camera footage.
The app also allows you to easily transfer files from the camera to your mobile. Alternatively, you can use the included microSD USB dongle to copy files to your computer.
One of the main problems with low cost drones can be how tricky they are to fly and keep stable.
The DROCON Traveler aims to address this with the inclusion of a take-off/land button. Press this button and the drone takes off and holds fairly steady a couple of meters off the ground. Press it again and the drone will land itself.
Over all this is one of the easiest to control drones although being low cost it lacks a lot of the premium functionality you’d find on something like the DJI Spark. For example, there is no camera gimbal so video footage is generally very shaky.
It’s a very light drone and although it attempts to stay stable it seems to be easily blown about, but in calm weather this is a very easy and fun drone to fly.
The DROCON Traveler Beginner Drone lives up to it’s name, it’s a good beginners drone to have a try of before investing in a more expensive model.
DROCON Traveler Beginner Drone Video Review
Interplay UK GP009 Drone Home, Various
- Drone Home is the first-ever game with a real drone!
- Race to launch your aliens along the ramp and into the drone
- Once inside the drone, it will lift off and the aliens can flee to safety!
- For endless play, please note that the drone will occasionally need to be recharged via the USB lead
SIMREX X300C Mini Drone with Camera WIFI HD FPV Foldable RC Quadcopter RTF 4CH 2.4Ghz Remote Control Headless [Altitude Hold] Super Easy Fly for Training - White
£39.99 in stock
2 used from £33.19
- Phone direct control with transmission OR transmitter contorl with Smart phone. Apple IOS / Android phones compatible.
- 360 Degree Flips & Rolls. One key 3D rolling special effects. Flip in 4-Ways Flip(left,right,forward,backward). Continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance.
- Headless Security Mode. When eyes can't identify the orientation of the drone, the Headless Mode can help to control easier and prevent from losing the direction.
- Equipped with the latest 6-axis Gyro flight control systems, provide better and safer using experience.
- Range: About 30-45 Meters. Flight Tim: About 8-10 Minutes. Charging Time: About 60 Minutes.
Holyton HT02 Mini Drone for Kids Beginners, Easy Pocket RC Quadcopter with Altitude Hold, 3D Flips, 3 Speed Modes, 3 Batteries, Headless Mode, Protection Guards and Emergency Stop, Gift for Boys Girls
- USER-FRIENDLY (ONE KEY TAKE OFF / LANDING & ALTITUDE HOLD& HEADLESS MODE): With a short press of the one-key take off button the drone will take off and hover at a certain height, which allows you to release the throttle stick and the drone will keep hovers at its current height. The headless mode will help the pilots at any level fly and operate the drone easily.
- MORE FUN WITH 24MINS FLIGHT TIME: The package contains 3 Batteries, which guarantees 24 Minutes of flight time. And the drone can do 360° circle and fly at high speeds, offering you a special and exciting feeling.
- MINI AND PORTABLE: HT02 can be stored in its transmitter and it’s super easily to carry with. The size of the drone is 70*48*35 mm. Free your bag to its limits because RC Drone has never been so easy to carry with.
- SAFE FOR KIDS: The protection guards make it safe flight for your kids. 3 Speed modes can be changed from low to high to satisfy kids’ needs. The Emergency Stop can keep novice pilots from losing the drone.
- GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT/PARTY SUPPLY: The Drone covered by our warranty and it does not have to register CAA. The indoor drone is a great treat in the party, classroom game or family gathering.