The DroidBOX T8 Mini is a nice little unit that’ll sit near your TV. It has a small display screen on the front that tells you when it’s booting up and shows the time when in standby, very 80’s video player.
There is an external WiFi antenna, you can also hardwire this in via the Ethernet port on the back.
There are a number of different options when buying the T8 Mini, you can go for just the T8 Mini which get you a basic remote, HDMI cable and power cable included.
Alternatively it can be bundled with the excellent DroidBOX VIP Air mouse and/or a DroidBOX game controller, giving you lots of options in how you use the box, it can be a media player, games console or workstation.
On booting up you’ll be presented with a nice, TV friendly, interface that has big buttons and icons. To get you started it come with some apps pre installed, including the excellent Kodi media player.
This actually has two operating systems installed, Android and LibreELEC. Kodi is installed on both, and they are two separate instances so you’ll need to set both up separately. The LibreELEC OS boots directly into Kodi, you can easily swap back to Android, you’ll just need to wait for the box to reboot.
Once connected to the internet be sure to check for any over the air updates. I originally had an issue with the Google Play store refusing to open and this was resolved following an Over the Air update.
The Android interface has been designed for use on TV and it works really well, nice big buttons and icons, with a weather clock in the top left and mini app tray on the right hand side of the screen. Additional apps can be added to the app tray, making it quick to access your preferred apps.
As well as a great media streamer this is good for gaming, especially with a controller, as games run really well. The S905 Quad Core processor powered through Asphalt8, which looks and plays brilliantly on the big screen. While it may not have graphics to rival the Xbox One or PS4 there are still lots of brilliantly fun games to be played.
Access to the Android market means you can add all sorts of apps, having a USB port means this can also act as a mini PC for things like word processing via Word or Google Docs.
A really nice addition to set this apart from all the other Android boxes is that the T8 Mini has a downloadable app for your mobile. This allows your mobile to act as a remote control for the box, or allow the box to mirror what’s on your mobile screen.
Really nice bit of kit that has far more possibilities than I can list in a short review.
Also available directly from DroidBox: https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-t8-mini-amlogic-s905-openelec-pro-best-kodi-xbmc-tv-box.html
DroidBOX T8 Mini Video Review
DroiX iMXQpro Mini Android 7 Nougat Powered Smart 4K UltraHD TV Mini PC ; Quad-Core Processor, 2GB RAM 16GB Storage, Wi-Fi, Ethernet
- The DroiX iMXQpro Mini Android 7.1 Powered TV Box is a budget solution for those who want to pay less but don't lose in functionality and quality. The price may be low but there are high quality components inside the iMXQpro Mini.
- The DroiX iMXQpro Mini is the perfect Android mini computer.
DroiX VIP V1 / MX3 Air-Mouse Remote with FULL QWERTY Keyboard for DroiX T8-SE/T8-S Plus/T8 Mini, Android TV BOX, Mini PC, HTPC, Linux
- Full QWERTY keyboard and Google Android TV Remote.
- Motion sensor allows mouse to be controlled by waving the remote.
- 2.4G transmission up to 15m.
- Plug-and-play function, compatible with USB1.1 and USB2.0.
- Perfect for XBMC, PC, Smart TV, Smart Box, Tablets.
Android 8.1 TV Box Superpow T9 4GB RAM 64GB ROM RK3328 Quad-core Support 4K Full HD 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi BT 4.1 USB 3.0 H.265 Smart TV Box
£49.99 in stock
- Android 8.1 TV BOX➤Superpow TV Box android comes with latest android 8.1 Marshmallow OS, which is faster and more efficient. T9 android box has a better compatibility of software, games and applications, better user interface and user experience.
- 4GB + 64GB Large Storage➤T9 Android TV box provides plentiful room 4GB RAM 64GB ROM and 64 bit CPU to quickly start your apps and games. You can also add an extra TF card to expand storage, which improves the reliability of your TV box and prevents crashes due to lack of memory.
- USB 3.0 INTERFACE ➤The transmission of USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. It can transfer large capacity files at storage rates defined by storage devices, and optimize the machine to reduce energy consumption.
- Multifunctional TV BOX➤ It supports decoding and playing almost all popular audio and video formats, bringing you to enjoy 4K ultimate HD video. You can also play thousands of android games in a large 4k screen and enjoy a higher quality experience.
- Easy & Convenient To Use➤ T9 Android smart TV box support BT 4.1 and Standard 10/100M/1000M LAN. We offer convenient connection and more stable WIFI signal to enjoy higher quality video experience. Just plug in the power supply, connect the box HDMI cable and Wi-Fi/Ethernet, you can watch whatever you like.