Having recently tested and loved the EC Technology 2400 DPI gaming mouse (review here) I was looking forward to trying out it’s bigger brother, the EC Technology 8200 DPI gaming mouse. The 8200 DPI gaming mouse is larger than any mouse I’ve previously used and it initially felt odd in my hand because of the extra size. As this is a wired mouse there are no batteries and it is nice and light in use.
The 8200 DPI mouse has the usual left click, right click and scroll wheel/click buttons. However the buttons don’t stop at those as it also has an additional 5 buttons, two on the left, two on the right, and one on the top. I was impressed that they’ve managed to design this so you don’t accidentally click the top button when using the mouse, it sits naturally between your fingers when the mouse is in use.
I like the overall look of the mouse, it’s got a nice high tech look about it and it contains a light which pulses and changes colour depending on the DPI setting you are using. I was a little disappointed that the lower cost 2400 DPI mouse felt like the more premium mouse, the 8200 DPI mouse didn’t have the same finish at the sides making it feel more plasticy.
Setup was very easy, just plug the mouse in, download the software and you’re ready to take full advantage of the many buttons and DPI modes. The software is easy to use, but felt a little cluttered, especially when compared to the simpler design used for the 2400 DPI mouse. This is a minor point and doesn’t stop the software giving you access to a lot of options, you can control the lighting, assign different functions to all the buttons, set the DPI sensitivity at each available level etc. There is a lot of functionality at your fingertips and you can save different settings as profiles, allowing you to quickly switch between settings which is especially useful if you’ve assigned game specific commands to the buttons.
Before writing this review I switched back to the 2400 DPI mouse and have to say it felt odd to use, I’d grown use to the larger size of this mouse so don’t be put off if for the first week it feels unusual. For the price this is a fantastic mouse, I suspect most will consider this 5 stars as it’s only the finish and cluttered software (both of which are very minor personal views) that make this 4 stars for me.
If you’re looking for a very affordable high DPI mouse withs loads of customisation options this is a great mouse to get.
Available from Amazon: http://goo.gl/MPIfBJ
Microsoft Surface Arc souris Bluetooth BlueTrack 1000 DPI Ambidextre
- Microsoft Surface Arc mouse Bluetooth BlueTrack 1000 DPI Ambidextrous
Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam, Full HD 1080p/30fps Video Calling, Clear Stereo Audio, HD Light Correction, Works with Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, Hangouts, PC/Mac/Laptop/Macbook/Tablet - Black
6 used from £93.48
- Full-HD Video Calling : This streaming webcam operates in full-HD 1080p video at 30-fps, whether you're on Skype or streaming yourself gaming in a strong HD 720p; It covers the full action; Connects to your device via USB
- Crisp Video Quality : Using this video calling device over wifi allows professionals and others to record rich content that is fluid, professional-looking and polished - such as demonstrations or showcasing your passions
- Full-HD Glass Lens : Users of this full HD streaming camera that captures a wide 78 degree field of view will be seen in high clarity and detail - the five-element glass lens with premium auto-focus capability shoots and records video that is crystal-clear
- Brighter Images : Equipped with automatic HD autofocus and light correction, this streaming webcam fine-tunes to your lighting conditions to produce bright, well-contrasted images - even if you're in a dim setting
- Dual Microphones : The two-microphone system on this HD webcam - one on each side of the lens - captures natural stereo audio while filtering out background noise
Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows, 2.4 GHz Wireless, Compact Wireless Mouse, 8 Multimedia & Shortcut Keys, 2-Year Battery Life, PC/Laptop, QWERTY UK Layout - Black
£19.98 in stock
3 used from £18.58
- Reliable Connection Up To 10 Metres: No delays or dropouts, even in the busiest wireless environments with Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz. 128-bit AES keyboard encryption keep your information secure
- Plug and Play: The mini USB-receiver included provides a reliable wireless connection up to 10 m. The laptop mouse features a built-in storage compartment. Take your mouse wherever you use your computer
- Long battery life: Up to 24-month keyboard and 5-month mouse battery life, auto-sleep — means you can watch YouTube videos, catch up on Facebook, explore last.fm for months without changing batteries
- Want to turn up the volume on a song or check out your favourite website?: It's all at your fingertips with eight multimedia, hot keys for instant access to the Internet, e-mail, play/pause, volume
- Great Comfort: The design of this keyboard creates a comfortable typing experience thanks to the low-profile, whisper-quiet keys and standard layout with full-size F-keys, number pad and arrow keys