The Airpulse A200 speaker system is a big pair of speakers offering a big sound.
They’re black on the front with a cherry red finish for the cabinet. There’s an amplifier built in so you can use these directly with your music source, no need for an additional amplifier.
The right hand speaker is the active speaker and around the back you’ll find a variety of connectors: stereo RC inputs, stereo balanced XLR inputs, coaxial input, optical input and you can also connect to these via Bluetooth (with AptX supported). The right speaker also has controls for bass, treble and a volume/input two in one control, much like the recently reviewed Edifer S2000 Pro speaker set.
As well as controls on the back a small remote is included, or you can control the volume on your mobile if connected via Bluetooth. And you’ll need to if you want to use streaming services, in an ages of services such as Spotify it’s disappointing to find this very expensive set doesn’t have any inbuilt streaming features, you’ll need to either stream from your mobile or connect something that streams from Spotify.
Setup doesn’t take long, active speakers such as this always may it easy to get setup as you just need to plug in the power and connect your source(s) and you’re good to go. Keep in mind these are fairly large speakers, measuring W203 x H355 x D295 (mm) and they weigh 19KG (42lbs).
Sound quality is very good, easily filling a room with nice clear and detailed audio. You can crank the volume up without distortion (but with complaints from the neighbors!), and although a decent amount of bass is present tuning the bass knob up didn’t result in the thumping output you might expect.
The Airpulse A200 speaker set offer a big sound our of a big set of speakers, but they come with a big price attached. And it’s that high price that causes a problem as while these speakers are excellent they didn’t seem significantly better than other Edifier speakers previously reviewed that cost a LOT less than the A200s.
The Airpulse A200 speaker system is available from:
Edifier Airpulse A200 Video Review
Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - Wireless Studio Monitors - 4 Inch Near Field Speaker - 42w RMS - Wood Grain
2 used from £115.43
- OPTICAL AND COAXIAL INPUTS - Digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Quality components in solid MDF wood housing are built to last. 24 month parts and labor warranty in USA and Canada.
Edifier R1010BT - 4" Powered Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Studio Monitor Speakers (Pair) 24 Watts RMS - Wood
- RAISE YOUR SOUND: To kick it up a notch, R1010BT re-introduces bookshelf speakers in a whole new way. What you get is the high-quality audio performance you’d never expect from such a compact design.
- MORE THAN ONE WAY TO CONNECT: Dual integrated line-in jacks for connection to other analogue audio devices, saving you the trouble of plugging in and pulling out.The tone control encompasses bass and volume together with the dynamic treble enhancement on channel A are dedicated to catering to your playback preference.
- 15mm thick MDF (medium-density fibreboard) enclosures that damps out unwanted, extraneous energy and vibration.
- Total power output: R/L 12W+12W
- Dimension: 6in x 9.5in x 7in (WxHxD)
Edifier White R1280T Active Bookshelf Speaker System with Remote Control and Dual RCA Inputs
- PERSONALISE your listening experience with bass, treble and master adjustment dials
- ROBUST and RICH SOUND from 4-inch bass drivers and front facing bass reflex ports
- TECHNOLOGY and STYLE combined to make bookshelf speakers with a 42W power output
- WIRELESS REMOTE adjusts volume to your sound preferences
- Dual RCA inputs for CONNECTIVITY to multiple audio sources