The Airpulse A200 speaker system is a big pair of speakers offering a big sound.
They’re black on the front with a cherry red finish for the cabinet. There’s an amplifier built in so you can use these directly with your music source, no need for an additional amplifier.
The right hand speaker is the active speaker and around the back you’ll find a variety of connectors: stereo RC inputs, stereo balanced XLR inputs, coaxial input, optical input and you can also connect to these via Bluetooth (with AptX supported). The right speaker also has controls for bass, treble and a volume/input two in one control, much like the recently reviewed Edifer S2000 Pro speaker set.
As well as controls on the back a small remote is included, or you can control the volume on your mobile if connected via Bluetooth. And you’ll need to if you want to use streaming services, in an ages of services such as Spotify it’s disappointing to find this very expensive set doesn’t have any inbuilt streaming features, you’ll need to either stream from your mobile or connect something that streams from Spotify.
Setup doesn’t take long, active speakers such as this always may it easy to get setup as you just need to plug in the power and connect your source(s) and you’re good to go. Keep in mind these are fairly large speakers, measuring W203 x H355 x D295 (mm) and they weigh 19KG (42lbs).
Sound quality is very good, easily filling a room with nice clear and detailed audio. You can crank the volume up without distortion (but with complaints from the neighbors!), and although a decent amount of bass is present tuning the bass knob up didn’t result in the thumping output you might expect.
The Airpulse A200 speaker set offer a big sound our of a big set of speakers, but they come with a big price attached. And it’s that high price that causes a problem as while these speakers are excellent they didn’t seem significantly better than other Edifier speakers previously reviewed that cost a LOT less than the A200s.
The Airpulse A200 speaker system is available from:
Edifier Airpulse A200 Video Review
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Active Near Field Monitors - Studio Monitor Speaker - Wooden Enclosure - 42 Watts RMS
2 used from £82.85
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
Edifier R1280DBs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - 2.0 Wireless Studio Monitor Speaker - 42W RMS with Subwoofer Line Out - Black
1 used from £135.82
- BLUETOOTH 5.0 - Pair the speaker with your smartphone, tablet, Mac, or laptop to play music wirelessly, no need to deal with messy wires.
- SUB OUT AND OPT/COAX INPUTS - Sub-out output works with external subwoofer. Optical and coaxial inputs to ensure a lossless connection to TVs and computers.
- DISTORTION-FREE SOUND - Fill your room with beautiful sound with its 42W continuous undistorted power, 13mm silk dome tweeter unit, and 4-inch sub-woofer unit.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Wireless remote for easy control of volume, mute/unmute, switch OPT/COAX mode, switch line-in, and Bluetooth mode. Bass, treble, and volume control buttons located on the side panel.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - R1280DBs is proudly designed and manufactured by Edifier. The entire system is back with a 2 year warranty.
Edifier R980T 4" Active Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Computer Speaker - Powered Studio Monitor (Pair)
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - 100% wooden enclosures to minimize acoustic resonance, Magnetically shielded speakers
- CABLES INCLUDED - RCA and 3.5mm cables and speaker wire included. Universal 110V-240V power supply.
- 2 X AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in UK.