The Edifier R1010BT speakers are compact budget bookshelf speakers suitable for a range of uses.
They’re available in two styles, black and wood, both feature a yellow speaker which can be hidden via a removable black front plate. These have a far more traditional style to them compared to the recently reviewed Edifier Luna E235, sticking to the tried and tested cuboid shape but adding softer rounded edges than you might expect from this style of speaker.
The overall styling makes them look more premium than the price tag would suggest, and each speaker has a power output of 12W, easily enough to fill a room.
The speakers come with everything you need to get started, you have the option of two line in phono inputs as well as connecting via Bluetooth, but no optical input. They’re small enough to easily pop on a bookshelf or next to the TV on your TV stand but that doesn’t mean they have a diminutive sound.
As well as the input connectors you’ve got bass, volume and a power switch around the back. This is where you’ll also find the spring connectors that are used to wire the speakers together.
A connecting cable is included but you’ve always got the option of using a longer cable if you want the speakers further apart than the provided cable allows.
Unfortunately no remote control is included, You press the volume knob to swap between Bluetooth or analogue inputs, so you’ll need to make sure your placement of the speakers allows you access round the back if you want to make any adjustments, not as much of a problem if your source device has controls.
Only one of the speakers needs to be plug into a power socket, the integrated power cable is a little short so while you’ve some degree of freedom in placement of the second speaker the first will need to be close to the power.
If you’re use to using your laptop, mobile or TV speakers you’ll notice a huge difference when you power these up for the first time.
They have a 4″ woofer and 13mm tweeter which give you a warm, room filling, sound. The adjustable bass is really good for the compact size and you’ll hear in the video below just how much better music and films sound with the speakers over using built in speakers.
The wallet friendly price point puts these speakers up against Bluetooth and smart speakers. The R1010BTs certainly sound a lot better than either the Amazon Echo or Google Home, and while there isn’t any WiFi connectivity you could easily add some streaming smarts via the recently reviewed low cost AudioCast dongle.
The Edifier R1010BT offer a great option for those looking to upgrade from basic speakers, such as those found in laptops, they’d also be a good pick for a second system, in the spare room perhaps. Pricing wise they might come up against some Bluetooth and smart speakers, but features wise they offer good stereo separation and the ability to be used in a wider range of situations.
Edifier R1010BT Bookshelf Speakers Video Review
Edifier R1010BT - 4" Powered Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Studio Monitor Speakers (Pair) 24 Watts RMS - Wood
- RAISE YOUR SOUND: To kick it up a notch, R1010BT re-introduces bookshelf speakers in a whole new way. What you get is the high-quality audio performance you’d never expect from such a compact design.
- MORE THAN ONE WAY TO CONNECT: Dual integrated line-in jacks for connection to other analogue audio devices, saving you the trouble of plugging in and pulling out.The tone control encompasses bass and volume together with the dynamic treble enhancement on channel A are dedicated to catering to your playback preference.
- 15mm thick MDF (medium-density fibreboard) enclosures that damps out unwanted, extraneous energy and vibration.
- Total power output: R/L 12W+12W
- Dimension: 6in x 9.5in x 7in (WxHxD)
Edifier R1010BT - 4" Bluetooth Wireless Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors - Studio Monitor Speaker (Pair) 24 Watts RMS - Black
1 used from £65.00
- BLUETOOTH 4.0 CONNECTION - Pair 2 of your phone, tablet or computer for a true hassle free wireless experience, perfect for any iOS, Android, MacOS or Windows device.
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
Edifier R1580MB Active 2.0 Studio Bookshelf Speaker System with Dual Microphone Inputs and Bluetooth Connectivity - Black Wood
- CONNECT to your external devices such as phones, tablets, MP3 Players via Bluetooth and dual RCA inputs
- DUAL MICROPHONE inputs for use at your own events
- PERSONALISE your sound experience using volume, bass and treble dials
- STUDIO STYLE bookshelf speakers producing 42W power output
- RICH bass performance and minimised ACOUSTIC resonance