The Edifier R1800BT Bluetooth Speakers are bookshelf speakers that are an excellent pair of speakers for a variety of uses.
The R1800BT speakers measure 22.4 x 15.4 x 25.4cm and are just the right size for neatly sitting on a bookcase or besides a TV. They have removable front covers (see video below) and a glossy black finish which looks excellent but is something of a dust magnet.
The speakers come with a little remote which is used to adjust volume and to swap between the Bluetooth source or line in. The remote is powered by a CR2025 battery and works well.
A cable was provided to connect this to a TV via a headphone out socket and the same cable could be used to hook up other items such as CD players, MPS players, PCs etc. They offer an instant improvement over the poor in built TV speakers, adding a good bassy sound while retaining the ability to hear all the dialog.
The two speakers are connected via a cable which has a good length on it allowing you go place these a decent distance apart if you want to get really good stereo separation.
If you want to listen to music via your mobile, tablet or PC you can do so via Bluetooth. The speakers have a little light that shows the mode, blue for Bluetooth, green for line in.
Considering the size these have a huge room filling volume along with a bass you can feel shake the floor. Sound quality is absolutely fantastic, and the video review doesn’t do the speakers justice. Great set of speakers for the price.
Edifier R1800BT Bluetooth Speakers Video Review
Edifier R1700BT Bookshelf Active Speakers with Bluetooth, RCA/AUX Input, EQ Control and Remote Control - Brown
- Total Power Output of 66 Watts R.M.S = 15W x2 (treble) + 18W x2 (bass) (DRC ON)
- Bluetooth pairing capability, simply connect your phone, tablet or supported device
- Dual RCA inputs for connectivity to multiple audio sources. Perfect for Record Players and Turntable, Amplifiers and more!
- Class D ampliﬁer system with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Dynamic Range Control (DRC)
- A front facing bass reflex port emphasises lower frequencies, allowing for richer bass performance.