The Edifier R2000DB are a pair of glossy black speakers that can be used with a range of devices. The interesting twist is that they don’t require an amp, and in the case of mobiles/tablets/PCs they don’t ever require a wired connection as they can be paired via Bluetooth.
As well as the R2000DB speakers Edifier have included a range of cables, there is one (long) cable for connecting the left and right speaker, a 3.5 to RCA cable, an RCA to RCA cable and an optical cable. This is a great selection and ensure you can hook your speakers to all sorts of devices without having to spend more on additional cables.
The speakers look great, with a clean simple design to them.
Around the back of the left speaker is just a single port for the speaker-to-speaker wire. Around the back of the right speaker are the various connections for use with the included cables, power button and bass and treble adjustors to allow you to tweak the sound.
A small remote is included that allows you to change input (e.g. Bluetooth to optical) and adjust volume, but this doesn’t allow you to pause/skip tracks, not a big issue as you may not even use the Bluetooth feature so leaving off such controls keeps the remote nice and compact although it’s a little tricky to see the controls in the dark.
The R2000DB are bookshelf speakers and are designed to be stood up, with little feet pads on the bottom, they’re not designed to be wall mounted.
If using with Bluetooth the setup is as easy as any other Bluetooth speaker, just look for it in the Bluetooth menu and pair your device with the speakers.
As you’d hope for speakers at this level the sound quality is excellent, easily filling the room without having to turn them up loud and with there being two speakers you get full stereo.
The Edifier R2000DB deliver a good bass without drowning out vocals and there is no hint of distortion when playing at a higher volume, making them great for gaming or watching films, and not just listening to music.
Note that these speakers do not have Wi-Fi and so services such as Spotify connect are unavailable.
These are a fantastic pair of speakers that offer a lot of flexibility thanks to the inclusion of Bluetooth, a range of connection options and great sound quality with a pumping bass. You can quickly go from playing music from your mobile via Bluetooth to having them act as TV speakers via the optical cable.
Edifier R1850DB Active Bookshelf Studio Speakers with Bluetooth - Matt Black
- DIGITAL / ANALOG INPUTS – RCA/Aux for PC, turntables, etc; Optical/Coaxial for lossless connection; Bluetooth for convenience
- BLUETOOTH V4.0 - Latest wireless technology for playing from phones, tablets or laptops
- TREBLE/BASS CONTROL, SUB-LINE OUT: Adjust bass, treble, volume and toggle inputs on rear panel. Need a little more oomph? Add a subwoofer to your 2.0 setup by simply connecting to the sub-out jack
- WIRELESS REMOTE – Handy compact remote control for input selection, volume adjustment and track control (Bluetooth)
- Signal-Noise Ratio L/R:≥85dB(A) Frequency Response: R/L: 60Hz-20kHz Power: 16W X 2 + 19W X 2
Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - Wireless Studio Monitors - 4 Inch Near Field Speaker - 42w RMS - Wood Grain
1 used from £111.59
- OPTICAL AND COAXIAL INPUTS - Digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Quality components in solid MDF wood housing are built to last. 24 month parts and labor warranty in USA and Canada.
Edifier R1580MB Active 2.0 Studio Bookshelf Speaker System with Dual Microphone Inputs and Bluetooth Connectivity - Black Wood
- CONNECT to your external devices such as phones, tablets, MP3 Players via Bluetooth and dual RCA inputs
- DUAL MICROPHONE inputs for use at your own events
- PERSONALISE your sound experience using volume, bass and treble dials
- STUDIO STYLE bookshelf speakers producing 42W power output
- RICH bass performance and minimised ACOUSTIC resonance