Edifier have featured a lot on Reviewify, and with good reason, they produce really good speakers. The Edifier W800BT headphones mark the first time a set of Edifier headphones have been reviewed on this site.
You’ll see in the review video below we have the red version in for review, they really stand out and it’ll take a cooler person than me to pull off such a loud colour. Fortunately if you find that colour a little too much the headphones have also been produced in black and white.
In the box you get the W800BT headphones, an aux cable and a USB charging cable, however no carry case is included. The W800BT also lacks AptX support, surprising given the price as the W800BT are operating in a very competitive space with stiff competition from headphones such as the August EP650 which do offer AptX.
On the W800BT headphones are just 3 buttons, one on the side to power the headphones on and answer calls, and two on the edge to control the volume and skip tracks.
They’re well padded around the top and ears and they can be easily adjusted for size, but they can’t be folded down for storing/travelling, again surprising given the price. This won’t be a problem if you’re not taking them out and about, but could be an issue if you want to pop these in a bag, not only do they take up more space but it also means they’re more susceptible to damage.
Edifier have chosen an around the ear fit, the closed back design helps keep external noise out and your music in. Check out the video below and you’ll see (or rather hear) there’s hardly any music leakage from these.
Given the very reasonable price the headphones sound very good, delivering a good bass and well rounded sound. They don’t overdo any particular area of sound, music sounds very well balanced and dynamic.
Controls are easy to find when you’ve got the headphones on allowing you to quickly skip track or adjust the volume as required.
One very positive thing to note is these have a great battery life, with Edifier claiming up to 35 hours of playback. If you forget when you last charged it and you do run out of power you can use the included aux cable which also means you can use these with non Bluetooth devices and can use them in situations where you can’t use Bluetooth to connect to your playback device.
While they’re generally comfortable they did feel a little tight, they really clamp on over your ears, so they’re not going anywhere.
Edifier equipment always sounds great and in the speaker market there aren’t too many manufacturers that can compete with the quality/price point. However the headphone space is different, there are a lot of great headphones around, or below, the W800BTs price point. They’re a good set of headphones, but they have a lot of competition from the August range.
The Edifier W800BT headphones are available from:
- Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2BNLrdK
- Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/2Bf7Jpr
- Amazon.ca: http://amzn.to/2BIBM8t
- eBay: http://ebay.to/2Bz5iuP
Edifier W800BT Headphones Review
Edifier R1700BTs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Wireless Near Field Studio Monitor Speaker - 66w RMS with Subwoofer Line Out - Wooden Enclosure
- BLUETOOTH 5.0 WITH QUALCOMM APTX - Easily connect to your phone, laptop or tablet for wireless listening enjoyment, suitable for iOS, Android, Mac, or Windows devices.
- SUB OUT - Sub-out port for connecting an external subwoofer. Dual RCA inputs for phone, TV, DVD, PC connection, support connect to two devices at the same time, no plugging needed.
- MOST NATURAL SOUND - Get the cleanest and most impressive natural sound from the 19mm silk dome tweeter unit, 4 inches woofer unit, and 66W continuous undistorted power.
- WIRELESS REMOTE - Easily control volume, mute/unmute, change Bluetooth state, or switch line-in mode. Adjust the bass, treble, volume on the side panel.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - R1700BTs is proudly designed and manufactured by Edifier. The entire system is back with a 2 year warranty.
OneOdio Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear Wireless Bass Boosted Stereo Hi-Fi Sound 80 Hrs Playtime with Studio Music Level Sound Quality 50mm Neodymium Speaker Foldable Headphone with Mic
£39.99 in stock
3 used from £43.11
- Sound Quality by Professional Audio Team -- equiped with Custom-Made Aluminium Fascia for Punchy Bass & Dynamic 50 millimeter Neodymium Drivers Deliver Precise Sound, we provide you stereo sound, powerful bass, clear vocal, and crisp high tones. With this over ear headphone, you can hear every detail of your music, and will be amazed by it's sound quality
- Wireless for music, wired for chating: Bluetooth mode: A built-in 1500mAh battery provides up to 80 hrs play time in a single charge. Wired mode: With the provided detachable audio cable with a remote controller and a mic, you can also use it as a wired headphone for, meeting, on line teaching or schooling
- Detachable Noise reduction Mic -- Superior talking sounding audio. You will get the hear-and-be-heard advantages of a upgraded OneOdio headphones with mic, thanks to advanced 360° adjusted directional noise reduction microphone. You will get can better voice chat experience
- Maximum comfort & space saving -- Over ear headphone ergonomic designed memory ensure long lasting comfort. The foldable Headband is not only designed for saving your desk space but for carrying in the provided carrying bag
- UK Company Chip CSC Bluetooth 5.0 provides strong wireless connection and make it a great bluetooth headphones. In wired mode it also works great with Xbox One, Xbox One S, PS4, MAC, PC, laptop and many other audio & gaming devices In bluetooth mode ,the headphone works with laptop, PC, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android cell phones etc
Edifier R1850DB Active Bookshelf Speakers with Bluetooth and Optical Input - 2.0 Studio Monitor Speaker - Built-in Amplifier with Subwoofer Line Out
- DIGITAL / ANALOG INPUTS – RCA/Aux for PC, turntables, etc; Optical/Coaxial for lossless connection; Bluetooth for convenience
- BLUETOOTH V4.0 - Latest wireless technology for playing from phones, tablets or laptops
- TREBLE/BASS CONTROL, SUB-LINE OUT: Adjust bass, treble, volume and toggle inputs on rear panel. Need a little more oomph? Add a subwoofer to your 2.0 setup by simply connecting to the sub-out jack
- WIRELESS REMOTE – Handy compact remote control for input selection, volume adjustment and track control (Bluetooth).
- Signal-Noise Ratio L/R:≥85dB(A) Frequency Response: R/L: 60Hz-20kHz Power: 16W X 2 + 19W X 2