You might not be familiar with Element Gaming as a brand, but the Xenon 700 gaming headset is definitely one to consider.
Rather than using a lot of plastic, the Xenon 700 instead has a metal band, and rather than conceal the wiring it’s instead out on display, giving these something of a techno punk vibe. The band (and microphone) are adjusted and positioned using thumb screws, which works well but be careful not to undo them so much they fall out.
Both sides feature a backlit grill which changings light colour (this can be disabled) and the microphone tip features a blue light (can’t be disabled). The USB wire is a good length and features a small, backlit, set of controls for volume up/down/mute as well as turning the lights on/off and a mic mute button.
There is a generous amount of padding and, to date, these are by far the most comfortable gaming headset reviewed. The Xenon 700 easily completely cover your ears and have very little sound leaking out, very important if you don’t want to disturb others in the room with your gaming antics.
As seems to be the norm at the moment, setup was fine aside from the Windows 10 drivers not being included on the install CD. Instead they needed to be downloaded. These drivers are not required to get up and running, just plugging the headphones in was enough for Windows 10 to recognise them as headphones, but the extra software is worth grabbing as it give you a little more control over the headphones (for example changing your voice, see video review).
The Xenon 700 offer a digital 7.1 surround sound experience, this didn’t really wow although there was some difference and a bit of a sense that things were happening behind when playing a FPS. That doesn’t overly matter however as the actual sound quality is phenomenal, great bass, very clear voices, and these are brilliant for music/movies as well as gaming.
The Element Gaming Headset Xenon 700 offers great sound quality for a reasonable price, out performing and out comforting dedicated music headphones in the same price range.
Logitech G332 Wired Gaming Headset, 50 mm Audio Drivers, Rotating Leatherette Ear Cups, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Flip-to-Mute Mic, Lightweight for PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch - Black/Red
£29.99 in stock
9 used from £22.49
- 50-mm drivers – Enjoy expansive sound and a more immersive gaming experience thanks to big 50-mm audio drivers.
- 6-mm flip-to-mute mic and volume control – You’ll be heard loud and clear by your gaming partners with the large boom mic that mutes when flipped up. Volume control is at your fingertips.
- Multi-platform compatibility – Use one headset for all game platforms! G332 works with PC or Mac via 3.5 mm cable, with gaming consoles including PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices via a 3.5 mm cable.
- Comfortable, slim design – Everything about these headphones is about comfort: the lightweight leatherette ear cups and headband are made to keep pressure off your ears, and ear cups rotate up to 90 degrees for convenience, so you can game for hours in comfort.
Corsair HS75 XB WIRELESS Gaming Headset for Xbox Series X and Xbox One (Connect Without a Wireless Adapter, Immersive Dolby Atmos, 50mm Neodymium Audio Drivers, Unidirectional Microphone) Black
3 used from £158.09
- Officially Licensed for Xbox: Instantly connect directly to an Xbox Series X or Xbox One console without a wireless adapter, using Xbox Wireless for low-latency and high-quality gameplay for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. PC connection requires Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (sold separately)
- Immersive Dolby Atmos: Places the sounds of the game all around you with three-dimensional precision, so you can react faster and more accurately.
- Superb Sound Quality:custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers deliver superb sound quality with the range to hear everything you need on the battlefield.
- Noise-Cancelling Unidirectional Microphone: A fully detachable microphone reduces ambient noise for excellent voice clarity.
- Crafted for Comfort: Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush leatherette ear pads and viscoelastic memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay.
Razer Kraken - Wired Gaming Headset for Multiplatform Gaming for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch, 50 mm Diaphragm, 3.5 mm Cable with Line Controls - Mercury / White
£68.97 in stock
2 used from £52.81
- Custom-Tuned 50 mm Drivers: Enjoy superior sound clarity and deep, punchy bass for a wide soundscape. Listen to every detail from subtle footsteps sneaking up behind you to climatic explosions that blow you away
- Retractable Unidirectional Microphone: The unidirectional microphone offers crystal-clear team communication. It is retractable and flexible, allowing you to pull it out of the ear cup when needed and adjust for proximity and position
- Hidden Indented Eyewear Channels: A compression in both sides of the ear cushions allow the frames of your glasses to sink in, so no pressure is created on the sides of your head
- Bauxite Aluminum Frame with Thicker Padding: The Bauxite aluminum frame of the Razer Kraken is lightweight, flexible and extremely durable. A thicker headband padding relieves even more pressure on the head for long-lasting comfort
- 3.5 mm Audio Cable with in-Line Controls: Control the volume or mute the mic so you can stay focused in-game. The extension splitter cable provides full audio and mic access for platforms requiring separate audio output and mic input ports