The Enjoytone W80 Senior Smartphone is a low cost Android mobile aimed for those looking for a simple and easy to use handset.
It has a fairly chunk design with a 4.5″ screen surrounded by lots of bezel and is powered by a dual core processor.
Power on the W80 and you’re greeted by a heavily customised version of Android. Gone is the standard home screen that you can add widgets to, it’s been replaced with a simplified big button system reminiscent of the Honor Holly ‘Simple’ menu view.Unlike the Honor Holly there is no way to exit this menu system, it’s the only one you get by default.
Press any buttons or menu items and the phone will ‘speak’ the item you’ve pressed. This is a good idea in theory to help confirm what has been selected, however be warned the voice is heavily accented and some may find it hard to understand what’s being said.
As you’ll see in the review video, it appears some messages are not in English, a big worry if you were to give this to an elderly user who would likely be highly confused by such a message popping up on screen.
As well as the usual microphone jack and volume buttons you also get an SOS button located on the back of the mobile. This button has been well designed to be easy to press when you need to, but not be easily pressed by mistake. You can assign an action to the button, for example sending a message or calling contacts, and it’s a great feature for a senior phone.
Another nice addition is the ‘zoom’ app which makes use of the camera to enlarge whatever the phone is looking at like a magnifying glass.
The W80 comes with two cameras, a removable battery and two SIM card slots. There are two cameras, a 0.3 megapixel front facing camera and a 5 megapixel rear facing camera. The rear camera is OK for this price point, it takes OK photos during the day and has a flash for low light situations. Video quality is OK during daylight but poor in low light situations.
For a phone in the price band it was disappointing to find Asphalt 8 wouldn’t even load up. While the target market might not be gamers this is a useful test of how well the phone performs under stress and while lower cost phones are able to play this without any problems this mobile wasn’t even able to start it, crashing back to the main menu after trying to load the game up.
The Enjoytone mobile is an OK phone aimed at a specific audience. There is a lot of competition at this level and overall the Honor Holly represents much better value for money bar one missing feature: the SOS button. While this might be the deciding factor if you’re buying this for an elderly relative keep in mind along with the SOS button you might also get non-English messages being displayed.
Doro 8050 Unlocked 13MP Camera Smartphone for Seniors with 5.7" Display and GPS Localisation (Steel) [UK and Irish Version]
5 used from £139.00
- INTUITIVE AND EASY-TO-USE MENU: Specifically designed for those who are looking for an elegantly designed handset, it is fully featured yet easy to use, with large and clear icons and an intuitive menu system. It comes with a pre-installed Google Assistant as well as multiple Android and Google apps such as Gmail, Maps, YouTube and more. You can easily download and install any app of your choice including WhatsApp and Facebook. You will enjoy a great visual experience thanks to the 5.7” display.
- RESPONSE BY DORO: The Response button features on the back of the Doro 8050 and when pressed will alert all the ‘responders’ set up in the Response by Doro app and show the Doro user’s location. Within the Response by Doro app, users are able to help manage settings remotely. A subscription version of the service is also available, routing calls to an alarm receiving centre if responders are unable to accept alerts.
- LOUD AND CLEAR SOUND: Best in class sound quality (HD voice) ensures you will always be able to hear clearly even in noisy environments. This mobile phone is also Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) and meets the M3/T4 level rating.
- KEY FEATURES: Great camera quality from the easy to use 13MP, high resolution camera with a bright LED flash. Supports email and internet access, a torch, Bluetooth, speakerphone, adjustable font sizes and high speed Wi-Fi access. It takes a Nano SIM card (4FF) and is compatible with MicroSD cards of up to 128GB.
- BATTERY: This mobile phone comes with a UK plug. Talk time is up to 13 hours and standby time lasts up to 330 hours.
VOCA Big Button Mobile Phone for Elderly, V533 Unlocked 3G Flip Cell Phone, Dual Big Screen, Predictive Text, SOS Button, Hearing Aid Compatible, Easy to Use, Senior Citizen-Friendly, Gold Red
- 【Big Screen】2.8'' HD Main Screen + 1.44'' External front screen, Big Button for easy dialling, Big Fonts for easy reading, Amplified Volume for individuals with hearing loss
- 【Big Button】Flip to answer calls; Big button for easy dialing, Amplified Volume for easy hearing and with Simple Operation System Easy to use. M1, M2 & M3 Dedicated Direct dial keys, Key 2 - Key 9 Speed dials.
- 【Round-Edge Designs】Classic Flip phone; bundles charging cradle, European power plug, UK power plug, Built-in Flashlight, radio, camera and 12 speed dial Buttons
- 【Multi Languages】Selection of multi languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- 【Worldwide Support】3G cell phone, supporting GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and WCDMA 2100 (Including 3G network provided by Three)
Sealey VS820 Brake & Clutch Bleeding System
£54.25 in stock
- One-man brake and clutch bleeding the professional way. Bleeding requires no external power source - simply fill and pump
- Reservoir holds 2.5ltr of hydraulic fluid - flush the entire system with one fill, without the risk of running the reservoir dry
- Pressure range makes unit suitable for use with ABS systems
- Height: 175mm
- Width: 427mm