F.lux is a simple application that sits in the background and you don’t even notice it…until it’s switched off. The basic idea is simple, as darkness falls we often continue to use our PCs, but in the lower light levels there is no need for the screen to be on full brightness, so F.lux adapts the colours of the screen to be more comfortable to the eye.
From the developers:
“f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you’re in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.”
In practice the change takes place in such a subtle fashion you don’t notice the screen has changed at all. I didn’t find any negatives while running the software and indeed in lower lighting the screen was a lot more comfortable to use compared to full brightness without F.lux.
You can easily suspend the software for short periods, a useful feature for those working with colours who need to see an untinted version of their work, and users can manually adjust the time of day to see the diferences in screen warmth throughout the day.
Some may prefer an unaltered screen colour, but aside from this personal preference there really isn’t anything to dislike, its a good bit of software that just works. The desktop version has been such a success there is talk of an Android version coming soon.
F.lux can be downloaded for free from: http://stereopsis.com/flux/
Corsair Gaming CH-9000235-WW PBT Double-Shot Keycaps Full 104/105-Keyset - Black
£36.95 in stock
- Double-shot Molded: Our keys are formed in special two-shot mold process to ensure long-lasting durability and performance
- Ultra-Durable: Made from dense, shine resistant PBT to reduce key fading
- Backlight Enabled: Upgrade your keycaps without sacrificing your backlighting
- Double thick keycap walls: Two times thicker than standard keys brings confidence and stability in every key press
- Full 104/105 Keys: Upgrade your full keyboard