The Gamesir G3s is a Bluetooth version of the excellent wired Gamesir controller recently reviewed.
As with it’s wired brother the G3s is a great multi use controller, working perfectly when tested with an LG G3 (Android mobile), Alcatel Pop 10s (Android tablet) a Windows 10 laptop and a Steam link.
It comes with a special mobile holder that clips over the controller (see review video for this in action). This can be adjusted to get a comfortable viewing angle. The LG G3 power/standby and volume buttons are located on the back of the phone and were still easily accessible, note that if your mobile features a button on the side you’ll want to put this in the holder slightly off centre to avoid it pressing the side buttons.
There is also a USB dongle that allows this to be used with a computer or Steam link. Steam had no issues recognising the controller.
With there being a lot of accessories it would be nice to get a carry case, or at the very least have some sort of USB dongle storage slot.
Overall build quality feels very good, the controller feels good in the hand and even with a mobile attached it feels well balanced and easy to handle.
Be aware other reviews have said there is a problem with using this with Samsung mobiles, not something I’ve been able to test, it’s worked fine with the various items I’ve used this with (non of which were Samsung devices).
GameSir Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad Controller Joystick for PS3&Android Phone&TV BOX&Tablet&VR&PC(Windows 7/8/8.1/10) (G3s-Black)
1 used from £ 24.99
- ✔ Multi-Platforms: Android (andriod 4.0 and above)Phone&TV BOX&Tablet&Windows 7/8/8.1/10&PS3&Samsung gear VR. Connection: 2.4GHz/Bluetooth 4.0/ Wired connection.
- ✔Support icade, X-input, D-input and Android native mode games.
- ✔ Lasts for 18 hours working time, bulid-in rechargeable battery, double shock vibration.
- ✔ 32-bit high-speed MCU chip, high sensitivity and on time response.
- ✔ Free App "Happy Chick"game emulator brings you more authentic gaming experience, you can scan the QR Code in User Manual to install it.
GameSir G4s Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Controller Joystick for Android/Windows/Table/PS3/TV
- ✔ Compatible with Android 4.0 and up devices, such as smartphone, tablets, smart TV, TV BOX. Window 7 or later version PC, as well as the Samsung Gear VR and other android OS VR, support thousands of controller-enable games. Three main connections: Bluetooth 4.0, 2.4GHz wireless USB dongle and wired.
- ✔ Ergonomic, and attractive design with top-toughened materials, brief and smooth streamline, it feels firmly, and comfortable to your palm with the texturing in the surface. The layout of the buttons is so humanized as to operate fluently and efficiently.
- ✔ Portable built-in bracket with two adjustable angles (110 degrees & 150 degrees), can be used as an individual mobile holder for 3.5~6-inch smart phones. Built-in detachable USB wireless dongle, in case of the small but important thing lost without attention.
- ✔ Analogue sticks have 360-degree positioning with ultra-accuracy and almost no handle dead-zone. The button life is more than 2 million times. The trigger adopts of metallic design, with dazzling shape, avoid slippery when sweating. Firm bumpers and responsive pressure triggers allow you perform great in car racing and drifting games.
- ✔ Changeable position of D-pad & the left joysticks, Play the games in the way you like. Adjustable vibration intensity allows you to have a real feedback in different scenes of games.Chargeable battery can last 10 hours for Max Power while 30 hours for Min Power, stand-by time can last at least 12 months.