The Goluck T1 dash camera joins a very crowded market and brings some new tricks to the in car camera party.
It’s a nicely styled little camera, the cylindrical design means this is compact and won’t stand out when fitted in your car. It also means there is no screen on the camera, you’ll need to download and use a companion app to setup the camera.
Along with the T1 you get a windscreen mount, unfortunately this is a sticky mount rather than a suction mount. You also get a long USB cable to power the camera, a USB car adapter that has two USB ports so you can still charge your mobile while using the camera, stick wire holders to keep things tidy and a button.
The included button is designed to be stuck somewhere in the car to trigger a specific recording and the app is geared towards making these recordings social. It’s an interesting take on the humble dash camera and not one I’m especially keen on, this could prove to be a little distracting to some drivers, but you don’t need to mount and use the button if you don’t want to.
There isn’t a microSD card included so you’ll need to remember to order one. Once added to the camera you trigger formatting of the card via the app.
Your mobile connects to the camera via the cameras wifi hotspot, and whenever you load the app it wants you to log in (or sign up if you’ve not done so). This can be skipped, it’s not something I’m interested in, but it was annoying to find the screen pops up everytime you open the app.
Once you get past the opening login screen you’ve access to a real time view from the camera as well the cameras settings (e.g. turning off the Goluk logo).
It’s clear Goluk have tried to take a fresh approach to the dash camera market with the T1, unfortunately they’ve not got the basics working correctly. The recorded footage produced was choppy and jerky (see video review). This was recorded to a class 10 microSD card that has been used in numerous dash cameras without any incident.
The choppy recording impacted both audio and video and was a real disappointment, the actual picture quality when it did record looked good.
The dash camera market is a crowded one so it’s interesting to see a company try and do something a little different, even if that difference wasn’t something I’d make use of. At this price you’re better off forgetting the non essential social sharing elements of this camera and pickup one that gets the basics correct.
Perhaps I’ve been sent a faulty unit, if it the recording was fine I’d give this 3 stars, I really don’t like the mount or the way the app pushes you to log in and be social.
Goluk T1 Dash Camera Video Review
ORSKEY Dash Cam Front and Rear 1080P Full HD Dual Dash Camera In Car Camera Dashboard Camera Dashcam for Cars 170 Wide Angle HDR with 3.0" LCD Display Night Vision Motion Detection and G-sensor
£32.99 in stock
4 used from £26.08
- Front and Rear Dual Recording Dash Cam: Full HD 1920X1080P at 30 fps video front camera with VGA waterproof rear cam. Simultaneously show front and back driving states, provide a safer daily driving environment.
- Superior Night Vision Dash Cam: 6 unique infrared LED fill lights allows the dash cam to perform optimally in low light situations. WDR technology allows for the best night video.
- 170° Wide Angle Dash Cam & 6G Lens : Combined with Sony sensor and 6 glass lens and 170 Degree wide angle lens allows COMS get more clear images. High-performance chipset which enables you to take up to 1080P 30fps full HD videos and 12MP pictures.
- Intelligent Operation: G-sensor activated Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage. Note: Operation requires a micro SD Card (Support up to 32GB Card Not Included)
- Easy Operation & Guarantee: Easily and securely mount to your windshield in seconds with the included suction cup. We also provide 12 months guarantee, with a qualified after-sale service team, 7 days/ 24 hours for serving you.
APEMAN Dual Lens Dash Cam for Cars Front and Rear with Night Vision and SD Card Included, 1080P FHD Mini Car Camera, 170°Wide Angle Driving Recorder with G-Sensor, Parking Monitor, Loop Recording, WDR
5 used from £32.54
- Dual Lens Protection - Some car insurance firms offer discounts if you use a dash cam! The 1080P Full Hd front and 720P waterproof rear camera with 170 degrees wide-angle can record simultaneously to witness your driving to the greatest extent. Most of the rear camera on the market are VGA, 720P has three times as many pixels as normal 480P.
- Delicate And Unique - Different from other dash cam, specifically designed and developed through independent Research and Development the square compact size more suitable for British models and aesthetics, which is more concise and neatly in the car.
- Best Value For Money - To help you avoid buying an incompatible memory card, a 32Gb microSD card is offered for free for your convenience. It is easy to use for yourself and It is also a worth perfect gift for friends or family.
- Complete Features - C420D has everything you expect of an ideal car camera: G-sensor that saves video evidence of collisions; Loop Recording; Motion Detection; Parking Guard; etc. Wide Dynamic Range synthesis technology combines bright and dark conditions in the field of view to enrich the details.
- Worry-free Guarantee - We provide each Apeman dash cam C420D highly responsive Lifetime customer support at any time. Please feel free to ask us for any questions you have. All e-mails are typically responded in 1 working day with helpful advice.
Claoner Dash Cams for Cars Front and Rear 1080P Full HD Dashcam, Dual Dash Cam with F1.8 Night Vision 170°Wide Angle 3 Inch IPS Screen Dashcams for Cars, Loop Recording, G-sensor, Parking Monitor
£25.49 in stock
3 used from £27.89
- ★【Front and Rear Dual Dash Cam】Equipped with 1920X1080P resolution front camera and HDMI rear camera, vividly captures the license plates and road signs. Wide-angle front (170°) and rear（130°）camera help eliminate the blind spots of your vision. Procure peace of mind to you with the dual dash cams
- ★【FULL HD 1080P & Super Night Vision】Simultaneous recording with super high-resolution 1920X1080P FHD 30fps lens deliver clearer videos&images, replay the key moment even when high-speed driving. The combination of F1.8 large aperture, WDR, HDR ensures the clarity of images at night. Eliminates the need for an auxiliary light source even in low-light environments, making it easy to obtain sharp, color-accurate images
- ★【3 inch IPS Screen & Easier Viewing of Videos】Supports real-time display and replay on the screen without complicated installation and removal of SD card. Simplified operation interface and icons ensure your quick recognition and intuitive operation. Find the target immediately in the event of an accident
- ★【Loop Recording & Emergency Lock】Seamless loop recording overwrites the old footage with new content when the storage limit of the card is reached. Built-in G-Sensor, while the car has a collision, G-sensor will automatically lock the current video to distinguish responsibility when the vehicle has an accident, will not be overwritten by the loop recording
- ★【Easy Installation】 This dash camera is straightforward to install and operate. The included suction mount could be easily attached anywhere on your windshield in seconds. Just plug in the SD card (not included) and connect to the power supply. The dash cams will start recording immediately after igniting