The Goluck T1 dash camera joins a very crowded market and brings some new tricks to the in car camera party.
It’s a nicely styled little camera, the cylindrical design means this is compact and won’t stand out when fitted in your car. It also means there is no screen on the camera, you’ll need to download and use a companion app to setup the camera.
Along with the T1 you get a windscreen mount, unfortunately this is a sticky mount rather than a suction mount. You also get a long USB cable to power the camera, a USB car adapter that has two USB ports so you can still charge your mobile while using the camera, stick wire holders to keep things tidy and a button.
The included button is designed to be stuck somewhere in the car to trigger a specific recording and the app is geared towards making these recordings social. It’s an interesting take on the humble dash camera and not one I’m especially keen on, this could prove to be a little distracting to some drivers, but you don’t need to mount and use the button if you don’t want to.
There isn’t a microSD card included so you’ll need to remember to order one. Once added to the camera you trigger formatting of the card via the app.
Your mobile connects to the camera via the cameras wifi hotspot, and whenever you load the app it wants you to log in (or sign up if you’ve not done so). This can be skipped, it’s not something I’m interested in, but it was annoying to find the screen pops up everytime you open the app.
Once you get past the opening login screen you’ve access to a real time view from the camera as well the cameras settings (e.g. turning off the Goluk logo).
It’s clear Goluk have tried to take a fresh approach to the dash camera market with the T1, unfortunately they’ve not got the basics working correctly. The recorded footage produced was choppy and jerky (see video review). This was recorded to a class 10 microSD card that has been used in numerous dash cameras without any incident.
The choppy recording impacted both audio and video and was a real disappointment, the actual picture quality when it did record looked good.
The dash camera market is a crowded one so it’s interesting to see a company try and do something a little different, even if that difference wasn’t something I’d make use of. At this price you’re better off forgetting the non essential social sharing elements of this camera and pickup one that gets the basics correct.
Perhaps I’ve been sent a faulty unit, if it the recording was fine I’d give this 3 stars, I really don’t like the mount or the way the app pushes you to log in and be social.
Goluk T1 Dash Camera Video Review
Thinkware F770 Dash Cam Full HD 1080p Front and Rear Car Camera Dashcam - Super Night Vision, Includes 32GB SD Card & Hardwire lead for Battery Safe Parking Mode Install - Android/iOS App
- ULTRA CLEAR 1080p HD IMAGE - Front and Rear Crisp Clean image with a 140° wide angle view at 30FPS. This enables the Dash Cams to capture more detailed footage in all road conditions and capture number plates of other drivers.
- CAPTURE ULTIMATE QUALITY FOOTAGE IN LOW LIGHT - award-winning Super Night Vision captures the best quality dual dash cam footage in low light. Highest quality lens and technology car camera recorder available via Sony Exmor Cmos image sensor front and rear Dash Cams.
- PREVENT VEHICLE BATTERY DRAIN - State-of-the-art parking mode monitoring system via the G sensor. The F770 dash cam continuously monitors the health and status of the vehicle battery and will shut down if it detects any issues without the need to purchase additional power magic adaptors.
- LEADING DRIVER SAFETY FEATURES - UK speed camera (Cyclops) database with free updates, forward collision warning system, lane departure warning, emergency record button with built-in GPS and G-Sensor incident detection.
- CONNECT YOUR SMART DEVICE TO YOUR DASH CAM WITH THE BUILT-IN WI-FI - You can easily control, manage files and configure the settings of your DASH CAM from your smart device with THINKWARE DASH CAM Mobile Viewer App. With the THINKWARE DASH CAM Mobile app and the built-in Wi-Fi, the F770 allows you a convenient viewing of real-time recordings as well as downloading, accessing, or deleting recorded videos on your mobile phone.
Goluk T2 Full 1080P HD 152°WDR In Car Dash Cam Camera DVR Digital Driving Video Recorder for Real Time Video Sharing with Parking Mode, HDR & Super Night Vision with 32GB SD Card
£139.99 in stock
- You Deserve the Best - Co-Developed with Ambarella Chipset, the world leader in high resolution video technology, the processing capacity of a professional sports camera, the best choice for the perfectionist that love to have fun
- Parking Modes * (Hardwire may be required) .TimeLapse Mode (firmware 1.7). Triggered by Motion Detection, which will auto record when people or things come closer to your car from 10M / 33FT away in front. Tap the magicKey remote and the Goluk Car recorder will save a 12-second video (6 seconds before you tapped the button and 6 seconds after), 32GB Toshiba sd card include
- Goluk T2 inbuilt Wifi will download emergency videos (16 seconds each clip) and wonderful videos (12 seconds each footage) automatically to a smartphone, Easy instant sharing videos to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc. You can also download footages you want to keep or share to family, friends, or the police
- Stealth Design black box with great hidden performance, External storage support up to 128GB, Superior Night vision by world class F/2.0 Six-Glass lenses,and unique dashcam HDR (High-Dynamic Range)video system;which present ultra-high quality and smooth video for you
- Loop recording will auto turns on and record while car engine starts. Seamless loop recording enables it to overwrite the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. As built in G-sensor,it will automatically mark the current footage for safekeeping. Also supports manually locking videos