The Sega Toys Home Planetarium Homestar Pro aims to bring a sky full of stars to your home. If you live in a built up area and have ever looked up at night you might not realise just how full of stars the night sky is due to light pollution. Take a trip to Egypt and go on a star gazing tour and you’ll be amazed at the beautiful light show on offer when you’re in an area with clear skys and no surrounding light.
The Homestar Pro attempts to give you that experience in the comfort of your own home by projecting 60,000 stars onto the surface of your choice, be it wall, ceiling, or floor.
The Homestar Pro comes with 2 discs, one disc projects stars with an overlay of the constellations, very useful if you want to learn how to spot the constellations in the night sky. The second disc gives you the night sky without any additional markings, and it’s this disc you’ll likely use the most.
Setup is very easy, just pop the disc into the Homestar Pro, plug it in, aim at the surface of your choice and press the on switch. To ensure the projection looks at its best you’ll need to focus it using the focus ring that runs around the lens, and while most of the stars look crisp there was some blurring for the stars at the peripheral edges.
The Homestar Pro can project a static image or you can set it to rotate, something that injects a little life into the projection. To add a little more life you can also choose to have shooting stars appear and these are a really nice touch that gives it a bit of excitement as you watch the starfield rotate.
It’s nice and relaxing watching the stars, they fill your surface with light and look much better then I’ve been able to capture in the video below. It’s a pity the motor used is a little noisy, although that was soon masked by popping on some relaxing music in the background. Spotting this might cause you to drift off to sleep the manufacturers have included an automatic shutoff countdown timer, allowing you to fall asleep under the stars.
The rotating star field is beautiful, especially with the odd shooting star, it’s a pity the motor used in the unit is a little loud. It is expensive and for the price it would be nice to see some additional slides included, perhaps some less serious ones that children would enjoy using.
Available now from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1u94EfE
Sega Toys Homestar Flux (Satin Black) Home Planetarium Star Projector
- Project 60000 twinkling high definition stars onto your rooms ceiling or wall
- New October 2018: FLUX is our most powerful and most advanced model available
- Advanced multilevel glass lenses for brilliant projection
- Leading brand with 5-watt warm white LED technology
- Silent disc rotation, USB cable, more than 30 optional star discs and all new scenic disc motives available
Home Planetarium Homestar Original by Sega Toys (black)
£109.00 in stock
- Watch the stars while sitting on your sofa
- Sega Toys branded product from Sega Homestar Original
- Projects an amazing 60,000 stars
- Change projection angle and focus, timer for automatic off, shooting stars function
- Warmwhite 3 Watt LED technology Want more: Also on Amazon Sega FLUX with 5 Watt best lenses...
BlissLights Sky Lite - LED Star Projector Nebula Cloud for Room Decor, Home Theatre, or Night Light Mood Ambiance - Classic (Green/Blue)
£39.99 in stock
2 used from £39.19
- The Sky Lite instantly projects a field of drifting stars against a transforming blue nebula cloud. This item arrives in a box that reveals what is inside, if you do not want the name of the product visible, please select this as a gift before checkout.
- SKY Lite incorporates a direct diode, precision glass optics and holographic technologies to create an otherworldly visual experience.
- With soothing aurora effects that create a relaxing environment in any room, the SKYlite makes a standout gift for adults and kids alike.
- Bring the galaxy indoors! Enjoy dining under the stars, create a relaxing spa environment, or accent your home theater in seconds; the SKYlite is an instant game changer for any room in the house.
- Simple button controls make it easy to cycle through light effects, adjust brightness, or start/stop the rotating motion. Includes 220V AC adapter. This version has a blue nebula and green rotating stars.