The Hootoo docking station aims to make use of any spare hard drives you’ve collected over the years, giving you a quick and easy method of accessing the data on them.
It comes with everything you need to get set up, all you need to provide are some SATA hard drives. It will work with either 2.5 or 3.5 SATA drives and cradle has a cut out especially for 2.5 drives to ensure they are held steady while in use.
Installation of the docking station was quick and easy, just plug it in to your PC and within a couple of minutes the drivers are auto installed and it’s ready to use. Pop a hard disk in and it spins up and appears on your PC, acting much like a USB pen drive. The docking station can be used with hard drives up to 3TB.
Why not 5 stars? Just a couple of minor points, the build quality didn’t seem rock solid to me, the left hand side bit of black plastic wobbled a bit. I also found the plug to be rather large, something that’s especially annoying if you want to plug this into a power block that has lots of other devices plugged in, it wouldn’t have fit if all the sockets were in use.
Otherwise this is a good all round device if you have a few spare SATA drives and need to retrieve something from them or want to use them to back things up.
While this is a good docking station it’s not at good as the recently reviewed (https://reviewify.co.uk/inateck-docking-station-review/) Inateck Sata dock, which had a better build quality and a slightly lower price, but lacked the 2.5 drive holding mechanism.
iPhone Flash Drive 3 in 1, HooToo 128GB MFi Certified Photo Stick, USB 3.1 USB C Flash Drive Memory Backup for iPhone, iPad, Type-C Phone, MacBook and Windows PC
- 3-in-1 Functionality: Perfectly equipped with an MFi-Certified Lightning Port, USB-C Port and USB-A Port for wide compatibility, seamlessly moves files across iPhone, iPad, Android Type-C phone, MacBook and Windows computers
- More Space, Greater Freedom: Spacious iPhone flash drive adds 128GB external storage to your device, freely store 7,200 photos + 320mins of video or 8,000 songs + 32GB office files
- Speedy Data Streaming: Transfer files in a flash with the USB 3.1 port at up to 80 MB/s reading and 30 MB/s writing speed; Lightning port with read/write speeds up to 30 MB/s and 10 MB/s respectively
- Automatic Backup: Set up the auto-backup feature within U-Hub app, plug in the external drive to instantly back up the latest photos, videos, and other files from your devices
- Shoot & Save: All shots taken from the in-app camera get stored automatically in real-time to the flash drive, hassle-free way to take as many photos/videos and store them safely