The HTC One M9 is a really lovely mobile, very premium in design and style. It’s really nice in the hand, not too wide and doesn’t feel like a massive unwieldy mobile. The metal back stands out against a sea of plastic mobiles, although compared to other phones the HTC One M9 does get rather warm at times.
Android runs really smoothly and HTC have done a great job adding some nice additional features, such as Blinkfeed and the smart icons that change depending on where you are (e.g. game icons when you’re at home, map icons when out and about).
The headphone jack is on the bottom, the top of the phone has an IR transmitter that allows you to use the phone as a remote, it’s quick and easy to setup and worked well with an LG TV and Virgin Tivo making use of the Peel Smart Remote app.
Games run really well on this and the two front facing speakers do a great job. Sound quality isn’t as good as a pair of headphones or decent bluetooth speaker, but it’s on par with a lot of low cost bluetooth speakers and has the benefit of being stereo rather than mono.
There are two cameras, a front facing 4 ‘utrapixel’ camera and a 20 megapixel rear camera. When the lighting is good you can get some really great shots and there are loads of modes available out of the box. However, the camera did sometimes struggle on auto mode in some situations, with people coming out shadowed unless HDR mode was used. After you’ve taken photos there are loads of options to adjust (e.g. removing red-eye) and enhance them (e.g. adding frames).
You can also use a photo you’ve taken to change the look and feel of the phone via the inbuilt themes app. And if you want to share your photos in a more interesting manner than usual you can use the Zoe app to stitch photos and videos together with a theme applied to them (e.g. black and white) as well as background music.
The battery isn’t removable, expect to get a days use out of this as a casual user. If you’re a really heavy user you’ll likely want to invest in a portable battery.
Although the back isn’t removable you do still get the option to add a micro-SD card, something some premium mobiles are missing.
Great all round mobile that backs up style with substance.
PATONA Battery B0PGE100 for HTC ONE M9
1 used from £19.99
- IDEAL FOR ON THE WAY: the PATONA Li-Ion battery is equally as impressive as the original, and is your reliable companion whether at home or on the way.
- Replaces original battery HTC B0PGE100 with 2840mAh capacity and 3.8 V voltage.
- BEST PROTECTION: the compatible batteries have all the electronic safety precautions of the original batteries, such as overload and short circuit protection.
- DURABLE: grade A cells guarantee the highest cycle stability, which means a high number of possible charging / discharging cycles.
- TESTED SAFETY: the Battery from PATONA is manufactured with high grade components according to European quality standards
Quick Charge 3.0, Anker 18W 3Amp USB Wall Charger (Quick Charge 2.0 Compatible) Powerport+ 1 for Galaxy S10/S9/S8/Edge/Plus, Note 8/7, LG G4, HTC One A9/M9, Nexus 9, iPhone, iPad and More
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Fast-Charging Technology: PowerPort+ 1 guarantees the fastest possible charge to any smartphone or tablet, thanks to Quick Charge 3.0 and PowerIQ technology. (Does not support fast-charging for iPhone 8 and above but will charge at normal speed.)
- Supreme Compatibility: Backwards-compatible with all versions of Qualcomm Quick Charge technology (1.0, 2.0 & 3.0). Also charges non–Quick Charge devices at up to 2.4A.
- Safety First: Exclusive Anker technology provides surge protection, temperature control and more advanced safety features, keeping you and your devices safe.
- What You Get: Anker PowerPort+ 1 Quick Charge 3.0 Wall Charger, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
HTC U11 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Brilliant Black, with Alexa built-in
1 used from £210.00
- HTC Edge Sense: Squeeze for the Brilliant U - Take photos, open apps, activate voice control and more. All with a simple squeeze.
- Design that reflects U: HTC U11 brings you a 5.5” Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front screen with curved edges that flow seamlessly to a strong metal frame and around to its rounded glass back.
- Tuned to U –Active Noise Cancellation and HTC Sonic earphones inbox.
- Captures U: A stunning 12MP camera with Auto HDR Boost and Do Mark 90, the highest Domagk rated smartphone cameras ever
- Three brains are better than one, so inside every HTC U11 you will find three intelligent companions devoted to you: HTC Sense Companion, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa