The iFit activity tracker is a lightweight activity tracker that comes with accessories to allow you to wear it both on your wrist (like a watch) or clipped to your trousers. You could pop it loosely into a pocket, but this isn’t advised as it can reduce accuracy.
The wrist strap is a bit fiddly, once you’ve loaded the iFit Activity Tracker into the strap you pop it round your wrist and then use two prongs to clip the strap closed and a small plastic square covers the prongs to stop them coming loose (tricky to explain, easier to see the video demonstrating this). Once on it’s comfortable, if a little bulky, but at least it’s very light. It’s the strap itself that’s a bit fiddly and a simple classic watch strap would’ve been a better choice.
Given the plastic strap and high price (at the time of review it’s about £20 more expensive than the Misfit Shine or Withings Ox) it’s surprising to find this isn’t waterproof and the plastic strap makes this look rather cheap in comparison to it’s competitors.
The charging method is also a little fiddly, making use of a charger that is reminiscent of a little electric chair, you have to hold the tracker in place while pulling a strap over it’s ‘head’ to keep it there during charging. Fortunately this isn’t something you’ll need to do everyday as the tracker has an excellent battery life that easily lasts 7 days.
Setting up the unit was very easy and involves downloading an app for your phone, pairing the unit and setting up your account. Note I’ve used this with an Android phone.
The app is crisp and clean and allows you to add personal information such as weight, height, birthday, gender. It also allows you to set move time alerts, a really useful feature if you sit at a desk a lot as the unit vibrates to let you know you’ve been inactive for too long.
This vibration can also be used as an alarm to wake you up, set a time and the tracker with buzz you awake when it thinks you’re in a light sleep.
The app not only logs your step data, but can also log your calorie intake. This can be done either via the fitness tracker by adding a number of calories in increments of 50, or via the app by selecting the type of food you’ve had.
The app method allows you to search a food database or alternatively use the inbuilt barcode scanner to pull up nutritional information about your food. You can then select portion size and time of day you’ve had a meal and overall tracking your intake is a nice addition and helps show if you are balancing your calories in and calories out, providing you don’t mind spending the time entering all your meals into your mobile.
Day to day you won’t really need to do that much with the tracker, it happily counts steps as you go about your business and has the advantage over a phone based tracker that you’re unlikely to leave it on a desk. Here you find generic Levitra price comparisons and Vardenafil 20mg pills without prescription.
The app has a number of menus to see how you’re doing without referring to the app, unfortunately in bright light the screen is difficult to read.
As well as reviewing information on the tracker and on your mobile you can also take a look via an online dashboard. It’s a decent little website that gives you access to all your data, unfortunately at the time of review there isn’t a way of sharing data with other apps or services, for example you can’t import weight data or export steps data to your Withings account.
The website does offer the ability to create your own workouts via a simple map system, although these are aimed at runners and cyclists rather than walkers.
Overall the iFit Activity Tracker is a decent bit of kit that, while a bit fiddly at times, offers a good range of features. When you consider the Misfit Shine is waterproof and the Withings Ox has a built in pulse monitor, it seems iFit are being rather optimistic with the price for something that doesn’t offer anything majorly different from the similar competition.
BingoFit Fitness Tracker Watch,Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Blood Pressure Sleep Monitor,Water Resistant Smart Wristband Connected GPS Step Pedometer Calorie Counter for Kids Men Women Black
£36.99 in stock
- [Heart Rate and Blood Pressure Monitoring] : The upgrated fitness tracker can monitor your heart rate and blood pressure over 24 hours dynamic.See how Vito heart rate fitness tracker working out more can improve your health by comparing your resting heart rate trends to your activity,help you to work out more scientifically and efficiently. ( Note: The result is for reference only, NOT for medical use).
- [A great sleep starts a productive day]: This fit tracker watch will Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, set sleep goals and bedtime reminders to form good habits and wake up peacefully with a silent alarm. With heart rate tracking, measure your time in light, deep and REM sleep to understand sleep quality and receive tips to improve your night.
- [ Daily Performance Tracking ]: Wear gps fitness tracker watch,you can get to know your heart rate, steps, distance, calories burnt and active minutes when you doing sports.Connected GPS activity track to show the route in the app.Use what you learn to reach your goals and adjust your routine for a healthier life style.
- [ Smart Alert ]:Vito fit activity tracker will vibrate to alert you Receive notifications for emails, SMS messages, and incoming phone calls .When you Stay connected on the go with updates from social media apps and call, calendar and text alerts,Vito junior activity tracker perfect companion to keep you organized and productive all day long.Available on-device when your phone is nearby.
- [ Compatible with IOS and Android Phones ] Download and install the free App "H Band" by scanning the QR code or searching in Google Play or Apple App Store. It is compatible with IOS 8.2&Android 4.4 or above smartphone ( Not compatible with Windows/ Amazon Kindle/ Amazon Fire/ PC/ Tablet/ Ipad/LG/ Samsung J1 / J2 / J3 / J5 / J7); Interchangeable Band Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1W9DCS
Fitbit Charge 3 Advanced Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate, Swim Tracking & 7 Day Battery - Rose-Gold/Grey, One Size
£89.99 in stock
- Built swimproof and water resistant to 50M, Charge 3 automatically tracks swim workouts and can be worn in shower, pool and beyond. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- With a battery life of up to 7 days, Fitbit Charge 3 keeps the insights and inspiration coming day and night. Varies with use and other factors.
- Use 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn, optimise workouts and uncover health trends that inspire you to make moves on your health and fitness goals.
- Fitbit Charge 3 automatically recognises exercises like runs, swims, elliptical, sports and more and records them for you in the Fitbit app.
- Get a better understanding of your sleep quality, get helpful insights about each night and set a sleep schedule with bedtime reminders to actively work toward a consistent routine.
Fitbit Versa 2 Health & Fitness Smartwatch with Alexa built-in, Sleep Score & Music, Black - Carbon
£179.00 in stock
- Use built-in Amazon Alexa to get quick news, info and weather, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more—just by speaking to your smartwatch.
- See the quality of each night’s sleep by measuring heart rate, time asleep, time awake, time in deep and REM sleep and restlessness. Syncing range: Up to 6.1 m
- Use 24/7 heart rate tracking to better track calorie burn, optimise effort during workouts, see your resting heart rate trends and cardio fitness level in the Fitbit app.
- Control your Spotify app and add Deezer playlists—plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist. Subscriptions required.
- Get notifications for calls, texts, calendar events and apps like Gmail and Facebook—plus send quick replies right from your wrist. Works when your phone is nearby; quick replies on Android only.