The Inateck SATA dock has been tested on a a Windows 7 PC.
If like me you’ve upgraded your PC over the years and been left with a few hard drives knocking about then this is a brilliant little peripheral. Having upgraded my PC last year I not only had a spare SATA drive, I also had a nice new USB 3 port which hasn’t yet had any USB 3 peripherals plugged into it.
Setup of the Inateck dock is really easy and there’s no messing about, no software to installation, no tools required and no additional cables to buy as you get a power cable and USB 3 cable in the box. Just plug the Inateck dock into your USB drive (USB 2 or 3) and it’s ready to use. It has a power switch on the back which is brilliant if you are only going to use this occasionally, it means you can leave it all plugged in without it using power, just switch it on when ready.
Using it is also easy, just take your SATA drive and pop it into the dock, you’ll feel a small amount of resistance as it plugs in and then you hear the drive spin up. Couple of moments later and the PC will bring up the Autoplay ‘what do you want to do…’ box allowing you to use your SATA drives as you would a USB stick.
I’ve been using this with my Windows 7 PC, but as you’ll see from my video I’ve also tested it with my Android tablet, the Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 . Again, there was nothing complicated to do, I just plugged it into the USB port, popped a drive in the dock and the tablet recognised it and treated it in the same way it would treat a USB stick.
The dock is designed to allow you to hot swap drives, you just pull out one drive and pop the second one in. This has a second advantage of ensuring the drive doesn’t overheat as it’s not enclosed.
Keep in mind there are two versions of the Inateck dock, the single drive version has been tested which is fine for using spare hard drives to transport a lot of files around. If you’re looking to clone drives there is a two disk dock available with this ability.
Really can’t fault this, it does exactly what you need it to and is a very reasonable price.
Inateck USB C 3.1gen1 to SATA Dual-Bay Hard Drive Type C Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5/3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA,Support 2x 8TB and UASP, with12V/3A Power Adapter,Tool-Free FD2002C
- Type C Docking Station: Equipped with USB C port. Compatible with USB3.1 gen1, USB3.0, USB2.0. A 1.2-meter USB C-C cable is packaged with a bandwidth of 5Gbps. Can be used with different USB-C laptops and tablets, including MacBook Pro 2017, 2015 Chromebook Pixel, etc.
- Dual-Bay Lightning Transfer: Dual SATA III ports provide two hard drives with a bandwidth of 6 Gbps. Widely compatible with various 2.5” and 3.5” SATA HDDs/SSDs. Can hold hard drives with capacity up to 2x 8TB. UASP is supported to meet your need for high-speed data transmission.
- Offline Cloning: Supports offline data copy between two hard drives with no computer involved. A competent assistant for data backup. Tool-free, no driver needed. Hot-swappable, just plug and play!
- Sufficient Power Supply: Packaged with a 12V 3A power adapter to guarantee enough power supply for dual 8TB hard drives and large-capacity data transmission.
- Auto-sleep mode: Enters sleep mode after lying idle for 30 minutes to save energy consumption and lengthen hard drive’s life.
Inateck Aluminum USB 3.0 To SATA Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA I/II/III), Support UASP & Tool-Free(Fd2102)
- USB 3.0 external, SATA-III internal, especially made for 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD, USB 3.0 SuperSpeed & supports UASP, even faster data transfer.
- Aluminum-alloy body offers an effective heat dissipation besides its ultra-light portability and exquisite craftmanship.
- Support 2x 10TB hard drive; Support offline clone, no drivers needed, easy installation; Completely new cloning technology, computer-independent duplicating/cloning without computer support possible, high efficiency.
- Stable and reliable DC power source: The power supply is highly efficient (12V, 3000mA), so that a stable energy supply is guaranteed; Entering sleep mode without operation in 30 minutes
- Package Includes: 1x USB 3.0 & SSD HDD SATA Docking Station; 1x USB 3.0 Cable; 1x 12V/3A Power Adapter; 1x Manual
Surface Dock,Surface docking station with Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and 3 USB 3.0 ports, (Compatible with Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 6,and Surface 3),HB9002
- 6 in 1 Surface Docking Station: 1xHDMI, 1xGigabit Ethernet, 3xUSB 3.0 and 1x5V DC port.
- Mini DP to 4K HDMI : Convert Mini DP to 4K x 2K @30Hz HDMI, enjoy huge screen, 8-channel sound output is supported
- Compatability: Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4,Surface Pro 6, Surface 3, Surface Pro (2017)
- Perfect for Microsoft Surface: An elastic and stretchy design makes the docking station match perfectly to the Microsoft Surface.
- Package content:1x HB9002 Surface dock, 1x DC Power Adapter (5V2A),1x Mini DP to Mini DP cable (20CM),1x Multilingual User Manual