The Inateck HD Enclosure is a great little gadget, perfect for making use of any spare 2.5 SATA drives (the type found in laptops) you might have.
As with other Inateck products you get a nicely designed bit of kit, it’s plastic with rounded corners and small enough to easily carry around.
Bundled with the Inateck HD Enclosure is a short USB 3 cable. The length is great for carrying around, but a little impractical if your USB port is on the back of your PC, especially if your PC is under a desk, and so you may need to invest in a longer cable on your main PC and use the included cable when travelling around.
Fitting a hard disk into the Inateck HD Enclosure is really easy, as you can see from the below video it took no time at all. Once the disc is installed the Inateck HD Enclosure is good to go, there was no software to install and both my PC and my Android tablet detected the drive moments after it was plugged in.
Copying speeds have been very good via USB 3, it will also work with USB 2.
Be aware the Inateck HD Enclosure is a fully enclosed unit, if you plan to use this I’d recommend not leaving it switched on for long periods as there is no ventilation to keep the drive cool. Fortunately there is an on/off switch allowing you to leave it plugged in without being powered up.
Overall a great little product that’ll make transferring large amounts of files around really easy.
Inateck 2.5 Hard Drive Enclosure, USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Case, FE2005
£8.99 in stock
- Suitable for 2.5'' SATA HDD and SSD; Converts any 9.5mm and 7mm 2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD into an external hard drive for ultimate mobility and convenience.
- Automatic sleep and spin down mode, power saving and sustainable, effective protection of your drive.Entering sleep mode after 10 minutes of data access inactivity.
- USB 3.0 transfer interface, maximum transfer speeds of 5Gbps; Supports hot-swap, plug and play. LED light indicates Power and Activity status.
- Compatible operating systems with Windows 2000/Windows Me/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8 /10, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above; Backward compatible with USB 2.0 /1.1 connections.
- Built-in foam pad, tested ABS plastic material, contemporary and reliable design for the best protection.
Inateck 2.5 Hard Drive Enclosure, USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Case, FE2004
- 【Great Compatibility】: Works great with Windows 2000/Windows Me/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8 /10, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above.
- 【SuperSpeed USB 3.0】: Supports transfer rates up to 5 Gbps. Up to ten times faster than USB 2.0. Backward compatible with USB 2.0 /1.1 connections.
- 【Plug and Play】: Just plug in and go! Also supports hot swap. LED light indicates Power and Activity status.
- 【Easy to Install】: Tool free, no reboot or additional drivers needed, easy to set up and disassemble.
- 【Tested ABS Protection】: Built-in foam pad, tested ABS plastic material, contemporary and reliable design for the best protection.
Inateck 3.5 Hard Drive Enclosure, Aluminum USB 3.0 Sata HDD Enclosure, FE3001
- 3.5 Hard Drive Enclosure:Superspeed USB 3.0 connections up to 5 Gbps;Built-in ASM1153E chipset supports SATA III with up to 6Gbps Signal bandwidth at for extra fast backups ; Support UASP targeted at SSD.
- Compatibility with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Linux/Android, Mac OS 10.3 and higher. Support all standard 2.5/3.5 inch SATA I/II/III drives (up to 10TB Max); Backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 connections.
- Internal layer of smooth and slip resistant PU leather, protection against scratches.
- The durable Aluminum-alloy material promises ultra-light portability and exquisite craftmanship ; Featured with highly effective heat dissipation ; non-slipping rubber pads on all four corners; Two LEDs indicate power status ( Green ) and activity status (Blue ).
- Plug and Play; Hot-swap, no reboot or additional drivers are needed; 12V/2A power adapter provides stable power supply.