The Jam Street is pitched as a multi-direction sound tower that’s ‘street proof’. The design certainly matches up to the description it looks tough and feels like it could be knocked around without suffering any damage.
On the top of the Street are controls for power, volume, track skipping and play/pause. Two small lights are also present for power and Bluetooth status.
Just behind the volume up button is a clip which sits flush against the Street body when not in use and offers the option of using this on the go, for example by attaching to a bag.
On the bottom the Street has a cap, remove this and you reveal the USB charging socket and an aux in port. The design of the Street means you can use this stood upright in it’s tower position, or on it’s side, allowing you access to the aux port.
The packaging says the Jam Street is both splash proof and drop proof, but doesn’t list that it’s IP64 rated (ingress protection, or how well it’s protected from dirt, dust and water) or give any drop test information on the packaging, surprising given this is pitching itself to those on the go.
Setup is very easy and the speaker uses vocal feedback rather than the more common R2D2 style beeps and flashing lights. You also have the
Like the Jam Rewind, the Jam Street certainly looks the part, unfortunately unlike the Rewind it doesn’t delivery the same audio quality.
While not terrible it’s nothing to get remotely excited about, with the lack of bass giving music a very flat sound, but it’s fine if you’re just listening to speaking such as audiobooks or the radio. It’s disappointing that the quality of music fails to live up to expectations set by the design.
With the Jam Street being more expensive than the better sounding Jam Rewind the only reason to go for it over it’s bass-ier little brother is the more rugged design.
Anker [Upgraded] SoundCore 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker with 12W Stereo Sound, Bluetooth 5, BassUp, IPX7 Waterproof, 24-Hour Playtime, Wireless Stereo Pairing, Speaker for Home, Outdoors, Travel
£31.99 in stock
2 used from £34.92
- Tom's Guide calls it "The Best Bluetooth Speaker Value".
- Unbelievable Sound: 12W of pure audio power with enhanced bass thunders from dual neodymium drivers. An advanced Digital Signal Processor ensures pounding bass and zero distortion at any volume.
- Outdoor-Proof: IPX7 protection safeguards against rain, dust, snow, and spills. Get incredible sound at home, in the yard, or anywhere else imaginable.
- Intense Bass: Exclusive BassUp™ technology and a patented spiral bass port boost low-end frequencies to make the beats hit even harder.
- Wireless Stereo Pairing: Pair two SoundCore 2 (updated version only) together via a single device for big stereo sound.
Betron A3 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker for Smartphones, Tablets and Other Bluetooth Audio Devices
£15.99 in stock
1 used from £15.67
- Wireless connectivity via bluetooth. Compatible with bluetooth enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers and devices with standard 3.5mm output such as mp3 players
- Ideal wireless speaker for travelling. ultra lightweight and portable. bring your music anywhere you go
- Built-in microphone with a 2-feet pickup range allows the speaker to double as a handsfree speaker phone.
- Aux function - through the 3.5mm audio cable it can also connect any music device without bluetooth
- Built in led ambiance light . it can be turned off and on anytime