The Jintu remote shutter release is a handy little gadget for triggering your DSLR camera without having to physically touch the camera.
It’s a wired unit that’ll work with a range of brands (tested on a Canon 80D) but it does require the camera to have an aux control input.
The unit itself requires 2 x AAA batteries to operate and it has a simple LED screen at the top to control the settings.
The Jintu has two main functions, it can be used to trigger the camera for a single shot or for multiple shots and it can be set to take multiple shots, handy if you want to experiment with time-lapse photography (something the 80D can do natively).
The remote gives you control over a number of options: you control how long before photos are taken, the exposure time and how many photos should be taken. If taking a high number of photos the remote can be a little clumsy to use and it can take a while to set it to high photo counts.
As the remote button operates the same as the main camera trigger it meant that it couldn’t be used on the Canon 80D to trigger video recording (which requires you press the ‘Start/Stop’ button instead).
Once you start the unit you can then stand back and let it do it’s thing. The wire is just long enough to rest this on the ground while the camera was tripod mounted, alternatively you might find it useful to tape it to your tripod for easy access.
Not touching the camera to trigger a photo is handy if you’re looking to take long exposure shots and you want to avoid the camera moving when you press the shutter button.
Unlike the Canon 80Ds native timelapse mode, which produces a timelapse movie, you’ll need to create your own movie from all the photos the camera will take. This doesn’t take long to do and it opens up new photography options if your camera lacks a built in time lapse function.
Jintu DSLR Shutter Release Timer Remote Review
SHOOT RS-60E3 Shutter Release Remote Control for Canon EOS
- Approx item size:3.8"x0.7"x1" (9.8cmx1.8cmx2.6cm),Package size:5.3"x2.2"x0.9"(13.4cmx5.7cmx2.4cm),Length of Cord: 31.5" (80cm),Shutter release button: Dual Stage Button (halfway / complete),Button lock: Available, Slide Style
- Prevent vibration :This remote cord can prevent vibration during long exposures, close-ups or continuous shooting,The shutter release button of this remote cord can be pressed halfway for auto-focus and exposure metering.And the shutter release button lock is available which for long exposures shooting and continuous shooting helpfully
- Halfway pressed button: The shutter release button of this remote cord can be pressed halfway for auto-focus and exposure metering
- Shutter release button lock : A shutter release button lock is available which for long exposures shooting and continuous shooting
- Compatible with: Canon EOS 650D/600D/550D/500D/1000D/450D/400D/350D/300D/100D/700D/60D (Rebel T4i, Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XTi, Rebel XSi, Rebel XS, Rebel T1i, Rebel T2i, Rebel T3i)
RGBS LCD Timer Shutter Release Time Lapse Intervalometer Remote Control for Nikon D90 D600 D610 D3100 D3200 D3300 D5000 D5100 D5200 D5300 D7000 Digital DSLR Camera
- 1. Delay / Self Timer (DELAY) : Just like the self timer on your camera. The timer remote switch allows you to set any delay (in 1 second increments) up to 99 hours, 99 minutes and 99 seconds.
- 2. Interval Timer (INTVL) : The Interval Timer can be set to any time period up to 100 hours as well. If you set it to 10 minutes, for example, one exposure will be taken every 10 minutes until either the film runs out or the Exposure Count limit has been reached.
- 3. BULB/Long Exposure (LONG) : It allows you to take time exposures up to 100 hours long.
- 4. Exposure Count (N) :This setting allows you to set the times of exposures that will be taken, up to a total 399 times. For example, if you set it to 30 times, then the exposure will be only taken 30 times.
- 5.Design for group, macro, long exposures, continuous, motion shooting, etc.