The KiGO Watch is a simple to use tracking system built into a child friendly watch.
The watch is basic looking and if you didn’t know what it was you would just assume it was a low cost digital watch. It has a colour display, two buttons under the display and a Velcro strap.
The watch comes with a USB lead to charge, with a standard USB connection on end and a magnetic connection on the end that connects to the watch, similar to the way the Pebble smartwatch charges.
The watch has an inbuilt SIM card which is provided by Vodafone and this carries a monthly rental charge of either €6 a month for unlimited connection in Europe or €8 a month for unlimited connection worldwide.
In order to provide location information the KiGO has GPS built in, combined with the SIM card this allows the watch to report back on it’s position providing there is a mobile network connection. It also has a small LED on the front that can be activated by the user for use as a torch if required.
To get things up and running you’ll need to download the companion Loox app to your mobile, create an account and pair the watch with your account. It’s an uncomplicated process and means you’ll be up and running quickly.
The app provides a range of functions, you can request the current location of the watch and, usually, after a few minutes the watch location appears on a map along with your current location. I say usually as there are times when the location didn’t get updates especially quickly, generally when the watch was in a built up area such as inside an office.
The app also allows for some basic communication with the watch, there are a range of pre-set picture messages that can be sent to the watch, and which the watch can send back. For example you might send a picture of a house to the watch to indicate home time, the watch can reply with a thumbs up picture.
Although the watch battery is fairly good and easily lasts a day out there was one occasion where the same couldn’t be said for the mobile the Loox app was installed on, the app killed the battery of a OnePlus 3T. On a normal day the battery drops from 90+% to around 65 – 70% battery, however when testing the app and watch the battery was completely drained to the point where the mobile powered down.
The watch face is blank unless activated to save power and it doesn’t constantly update it’s position, only when required, for example when you make a request via the app or when the watch is turned off. Tadalafil 20 mg online from BantuHealth no prescription required.
Position updates are not only sent to the app but notification is also sent via email, handy if you make use of a shared email address with your partner.
In use the KiGO sits comfortably on the wrist, it was tested on a day out with a 2 ½ year old (who was a little young for this) and it stayed in place and was quickly forgotten about. It’s also worth noting this IPX8 rated which means its waterproof up to a depth of 3 meters for 30 minutes, so it’s well suited for holiday adventures.
When you send messages there is a little beep, but no vibration, so it’s easy to miss that a message has been sent. Messages are limited to icons only, it would be handy if you could send some text, for example to say what time you want the little scamp home.
The buttons on the watch were also rather stiff, as an adult they were tricky to press in so a child might struggle with them, they seemed to ease up during testing so hopefully they’d be very easy to use once the watch has been ‘broken in’.
I showed this to parents of a range of ages and while the idea of tracking kids was interesting, the main feedback was that it wouldn’t be that useful on a day to day basis. The example they gave was when out shopping, they know the kids are in the large shop but they can easily slip out of sight. Rather than a GPS location indicating the child was in the shop they’d prefer a basic arrow pointing them in the direction they should be looking. There was also some concern about if it would actually operate in a shopping centre given it was struggling within an office.
They also wondered why they couldn’t see where their child has been, it only shows current position and not historical positions.
The KiGO Watch is an interesting product, but rather a niche one. It’s designed to be more covert than a mobile so it wouldn’t be quickly discarded if someone were involved in your child going missing. Keep in mind that although you get a couple of weeks free you’ll soon need to pay an ongoing subscription for the SIM card, it’s not just a one off purchase.
More information is available from the KiGO website: https://kigowatch.com/en/gps-kids-tracker
KiGO Watch for GPS Tracking Review
Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Running Watch with Wrist-Based Heart Rate and Workouts - Black
£106.99 in stock
1 used from £139.88
- Lightweight and easy-to-use running watch with high-resolution display and built-in GPS that tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Tracks heart rate at the wrist day or night, to provide more accurate calories burned information
- Connected features include smart notifications, music control, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect and the ability to track your runs with LiveTrack software
- All-day activity tracking counts steps and intensity minutes and reminds you when to move. Compatibility - Android: 4.4 OS or Later & Bluetooth 4.0 or Later. Apple: iOS 9.0 or Later. Display Size: 23.5 x 23.4 mm
- Meet your fitness goals with activity profiles, run/walk mode, intervals and vibration alerts to keep you motivated
GPS Smart Watch, KUNGIX Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate/Sleep Monitor, 5ATM Waterproof Smartwatch, Sport Health Watch, Activity tracker with Pedometer Stopwatch for Men Women for iPhone Android
- 【New Screen and Watchband Design】 1.3-inch TFT color screen is equipped with three different types of UI and you can upload any favorable image as the UI of smart watch by means of customized dial. The new silicone watchband is skin-friendly to reduce allergic reaction. With the diversified multiple colors, wearing the bi-colored watchband can adapt to different occasions, fashionable and all-match.
- 【Built-in GPS and 14 Sport Modes】 with built-in GPS, smart watch features a quick and precise positioning function so as to record the real-time route of outdoor activities without wearing a smart phone. There are 14 sport modes on APP, including running, cycling, yoga, swimming, cricket and so forth. You can select eight frequently-used modes displayed on the UI of smart watch, in order to record the all-day activity data, such as steps, distance, calories burned, walking distance, etc.
- 【Heart Rate and Sleep Monitoring】 KUNGIX fitness watch can monitor your real-time heart rate every five minutes automatically and display the corresponding data on APP, realizing 24-hour real-time monitoring indeed. In addition, fitness watch can record your sleep (deep sleep, light sleep and sober) conditions to analyze your sleep data in order to make you comprehend your sleep conditions.
- 【Intelligent Prompt】 fitness tracker is compatible with smart phones in iOS 8.0, Android OS 4.4 and other advanced versions. After fitness tracker connects APP by Bluetooth, it will prompt you in vibration in case of incoming call, SMS and SNS messages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Skype, Whatsapp, Linkedin, Messenger, etc.), free from missing any information.
- 【More Functions】 KUNGIX activity tracker also has female health, weather, music control, timer, alarm, stopwatch and other functions. With 5ATM waterproof level, you can not only wear it in washing hands and showering but also wear it in swimming in a swimming pool or open water. With 210mAh battery capacity, 2-hour charging time can provide the work of one week and the standby time of one month.
KUNGIX Smart Watch, High-End Fitness Trackers HR, Activity Trackers With Heart Rate Monitor, Waterproof IP68 Round Fitness Watch With Pedometer Stopwatch, Sports Watch for Men Women for iPhone Android
£32.99 in stock
- 【New Upgraded Visual Experience】This smartwatch is equipped with a 1.3-inch TFT-LCD multi-colour screen, could display 4 different personalized main interfaces and 3 level brightness adjustable, which provides a full touch screen with smooth experience. The wrist band made of TPU material, more comfortable and super light-weight when wearing. This fitness watch is suitable for men and women.
- 【Fitness Tracker & 12 Sport Modes】The smart sport watch with 12 sport modes can record your activities throughout the day and at the same time you can see precise information on calorie consumption, distance, heart rate, steps and other activities in the app. You can also synchronize the data from the app with Google Fit, Apple Health and Strava to optimize your training and better achieve your set activity goals. It is your indispensable companion.
- 【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】The PPG photoelectric sensor monitors the heart rate during exercise in real time, and the extreme heart rate is automatically notified. The sleep monitor feature analyzes the duration of deep sleep, light sleep and wake-up time, allowing you to track and improve sleep quality. To help you adjust your lifestyle and make you healthier.
- 【5ATM Waterproof & Smart Notification】This smart bracelet complies with the international 5ATM waterproof standard. You can wear them all day, even while swimming, washing hands or in the rain, without damaging the sport watch. Not only a fitness tracker, it also can receive phone reminder/SMS/message/Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram/Email and more application notifications. Thanks to the vibration sensor, you won't miss any important messages.
- 【Wide Compatibility and Multiple Functions】This running watch is compatible with IOS 9.0, Android 4.4 and above and supports 9 languages. It only takes 1-2 hours to fully charge the smartwatch, 40 days in standby time, and 10-15 days for regular use. It can display real-time weather information, get GPS tracking from Veryfit APP. Additionally, it has a sedentary alert, alarm alert brightness adjustment, and do not disturb mode and etc.