The Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod is a great addition to any kit bag. As soon as you pick up the Manfrotto Tripod you can feel it’s much better quality than lower cost tripods, it feels solid, well built, and it’s something you can trust your equipment on.
And that’s important as on the top is a standard thread that can be used with expensive cameras, camcorders and video cameras. You can also use mobiles via the included adapter that also acts as a mobile stand thanks to the little kickstand on the back.
You’re equipment is held in place by an incredible impressive lock. The red button on the front ‘unlocks’ the mount allowing you to adjust it’s position, let go of the button and it won’t move. At all. You’ll in the review video an attempt to move it…and also the subsequent failure, it didn’t even budge a millimeter!
This means you can pop a DSLR camera on the tripod and you don’t need to worry about the weight causing it to topple over, which could be especially disastrous if you’re shooting from a high position.
The legs fold in for easy storage, or for using this for selfies. Note the legs are solid and don’t bend, this isn’t the sort of tripod that allows you to wrap it round a tree for quirky shots, rather it is a solid bit of kit that you know isn’t going to topple over.
In this case you really do get what you pay for, Manfrotto have ensure the build is much better than lower cost mini tripods, important if you’re going to be using this with expensive equipment.
Manfrotto MTPIXIEVO-BK, PIXI EVO 2-Section Mini Tripod for Mirrorless cameras, Compact System Cameras, DSLR, Video, Compact Size, Aluminium
1 used from £37.44
- VERSATILE: You can use it with your entry-level DSLRS and devices up to 2.5Kg
- STRONG: Thanks to the sturdy aluminium & adapto structure, you will have a reliable piece of equipment to count on throughout your photography career
- COMPACT: Extremely lightweight, the PIXI Evo 2-Section Mini Tripod is perfect for transportation and travel
- DYNAMIC: Two different leg angles complete with sliding selector, plus a two-section legs that can be adjusted in five simple steps to get your perfect shot
- PRECISE: When looking for the right angle, the PIXI EVO 2-Section Mini Tripod is made to help. The camera can tilt to a full 90°, ideal in portrait mode
Manfrotto MTPIXI-RD, PIXI Mini Tripod, with Handgrip for Compact System Cameras, DSLR, Mirrorless, Video, Compact Size, Adapto and Aluminium, Red
£19.50 in stock
- COMPACT: Pocket size and lightweight thanks to its adaptor and aluminium and technopolymer construction
- VERSATILE: Developed for entry-level DSLRs, it also supports a wide range of devices weighing up to 1 kg
- STABILITY: The two-section legs can be adjusted in five simple steps to add stability to non-level surfaces
- BORN READY: Capture ground level shots, low light landscapes and architectural photographs with maximum precision
Manfrotto MKCOMPACTACN-BK, Compact Action Aluminium Tripod with Hybrid Head, for Entry-Level, DSLR Camera, Mirrorless, Compact System Camera, Payload 1.5 kg, Black
£54.00 in stock
- VERSATILE: It can switch from photo to movie mode almost instantly, following all of your creative needs
- STRONG DESIGN: Designed in high-quality aluminium and furnished in a stylish black finish
- EASY TO USE: The Compact Action tripod has an ergonomic joystick head with an intuitive scroll-wheel locking mechanism for maximum sturdiness and a quick-release plate that supports a wide range of devices
- EASY TO CARRY: Extremely lightweight, with a padded carrying bag included for portability
- FAST: Instant camera attachment without screwdriver, it also includes a special adapter for higher-specification cameras