The Matrem PT-55 Aluminum Tripod is a low cost bit of camera kit.
It comes with a nice carry case with shoulder strap should you decide to take this on an adventure. According to the manufacturer the tripod is made from ‘aluminum alloy and eco-friendly ABS plastic’ and it certainly feels nice and light when carrying it around.
You’ll see the orange version in the review video below, this is also available in gold or black.
As you’d expect from a modern tripod, there is a quick release plate on the top, extendable legs (18″ to 55″) and a weight hook on the bottom.
The feet are adjustable and make this easy to use on different types of terrain, it doesn’t rely on you using this on a flat surface.
The tripod head has a good range of movement and allows the camera quick release plate to be pivoted from a horizontal position to a vertical one.
The central column height can be easily adjusted and locked in place, and with a bit of practice you can get fairly smooth camera movement up/down/left/right.
There is no carry handle on the main body of the tripod, an odd omission and the first time I’ve seen it missing.
Overall the PT-55 is a decent tripod, but more of a second tripod than a main tripod, it get’s outshined by the recently reviewed Zecti 70 Inch Travel Tripod and Monopod which is a similar price but offers more features.
Matrem PT-55 Aluminum Tripod Video Review
Manfrotto 190XPRO Aluminium 4 Section Tripod with Horizontal Column
£110.99 in stock
- 90 Degree column system to capture perspectives
- Quick power lock system for solid and effortless setup
- Easy link for connecting accessories
- Leg angle selector for smoother movements
- Italian designed for functionality
Fotodiox Metal Step Up Ring, Anodized Black Metal 55mm-72mm, 55-72 mm
- All Metal Design
- Precise Thread
- 0.75 pitch size
- Anodized Black Finishing
- 24 Month Manufacture warranty
KODAK PhotoGear 62" Lightweight Tripod | Compact 3-Section Flip-Lock Aluminum Tripod Adjusts 22”-62”, QuickRelease Plate, Smartphone Adapter & 1/4” to 3/8” Screw, Bubble Level, Carry Case, E-Guide
- AWESOME EVERYDAY TRAVEL TRIPOD | Super Lightweight Design Provides Ultimate Convenience for Landscape, Portrait, Nature & Travel Photography | Extends From Minimum 22” to Maximum 62” Height for Amazing On-Set Versatility | Shoot Long Exposures & Sharpen Photo Quality
- DURABLE ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION | Leg Tubes are Solid & Strong, Yet Lightweight & Compact Enough for Travel | Folds Down to 23” for No-Fuss Storage | Rubber Swivel Feet Provide Dependable Stability on Tile, Hardwood, Grass, Gravel & Other Diverse Surfaces & Terrain
- SUPERIOR MOBILITY & CONTROL | 3-Way Head Supports 360° Tilting & Panning on Horizontal & Vertical Planes | Enjoy Full Range of Movement—Great for Changing Direction or Action Shots | Kit Includes Quick-Release Plate & 1/4”-3/8” Screw Adapter | 8.8 Lb. Maximum Load Capacity
- ADAPTS TO YOUR ENVIRONMENT | Discover Endless Shooting, Filming & Framing Possibilities! | Tripod Features Quick Flip-Lock System & 3 Sections for Flexible Height Adjustment | Also Includes Built-In Bubble Level, Center Spreader & Carry Handle for Added Stability & Balance
- THE PERFECT STARTER SET | Affordable System is Easy to Set Up for Photogs & Videographers of Every Skill Level | Includes BONUS Carry Bag for Protecting Your Gear & Free Tripod E-Guide for Understanding All There is to Know About Tripods & Monopods | Leading Choice for Nature & Sports Photographers, Bloggers, Vloggers, YouTubers & More