The Muson MC1 is yet another low cost GoPro alternative, but is it any good?
For the low price you get a lot with it, not only do you get the MC1 camera, you also get a wide range of accessories as well as a travel case to keep everything in.
To keep you filming on the go a spare battery has also been included. Batteries can be charged either in the camera or using the included battery charger.
The accessories consist of a variety of plastic adaptors, as with other low cost cameras reviewed the MC1 also includes a manual to show you different combinations for different situations (e.g. attaching to a helmet).
A waterproof protective case is included, fine for getting footage only but obviously the case prevents the camera from hearing anything so you’ll just get muffled sound.
The camera includes several different modes, video recording, photo shooting and time-lapse photography.
Unfortunately the time-lapse mode only takes the photos, it doesn’t actually create a time-lapse movie, you’re left to sort that out yourself and that makes it rather a chore compared to other cameras with this feature that output a motion file.
Photo and video quality is just OK, check out the video review below for actual footage. Compared to footage shot using the front facing camera of a OnePlus 3T the MC1 footage seems dark, but its usable and sound quality is OK.
This is meant to have the ability to connect via WiFi however this feature just wouldn’t work. The correct app was downloaded and it appeared to connect to the camera WiFi OK, but when it came to accessing the camera an error message was shown.
Despite these issues it’s worth keeping in mind the MC1 is a very low cost camera. If you’re looking to experiment with a GoPro like action camera but don’t want to spend GoPro like money this could be a great option to get started with before graduating to a better quality action camera, better yet Muson have provide a special 25% off code to tempt you into overlooking the MC1s shortcomings.
The MC1 is available from Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2se9T3Y 25% OFF with “VFAC9OAP”
Muson MC1 Action Camera Video Review
Sony Vlog camera ZV-1 | Digital Camera (Vari-angle Screen for Vlogging, 4K Video) ZV1BDI.EU - Black
3 used from £629.00
- The ZV-1 is designed for vlogging, featuring a vari-angle LCD screen, recording lamp for selfie-shooting, secure grip and easy operation.
- A premium camera, with Soft Skin Effect, natural skin tones and optimised brightness for faces.
- Record high sound quality - a directional 3-capsule mic and wind shield is supplied with this camera.
- Featuring Product Showcase Setting for perfect product review videos and Bokeh Switch for easy background blur control.
- Sony's innovative Real-time Eye AF technology locks on and tracks people's eyes, even when shooting 4K movies.
Crosstour CT9900 Action Camera 4K 60FPS Microphone 8X Zoom Ultra HD EIS Touch Screen Waterproof Sports Camcorder With Remote Control/Two Rechargeable Batteries and Accessories Kits
£89.99 in stock
- Ultra HD touch screen action camera-4K/60FPS CT9900 action camera kept the resolution at the same maximum of 4K as in the CT9000, but pushed the frame rates to 60fps (from 30fps). With the CT9900 4K action camera,you can record 2.7K at 30FPS,1080P at 120FPS and 720P at 240fps video resolution and 20MP photos,thus the slow-motion and fast-motion movies are available. Crosstour CT9900 also pride itself on its ultra-sensitive 2.0-inch touch screen, compact and lightweight body size.
- Exceptional image stability-With advanced Intelligent Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) and upgraded gyroscope, offering gimbal-like steadiness that smooths out the roughest trail runs or mountain bike rides.What’s important, you can use EIS in 4K resolution. This true 4K action camera can help you get rid of hand-held camera shake, motion blur.
- 40M (131.2 feet) waterproof & diving mode The additional waterproof case makes this underwater camera can be used in rainy days and underwater from the surface to 40 meters. It is ideal for water sports such as swimming,surfing,sailing and diving, etc. The color-corrected diving mode has a strong filter effect,significantly reduces the blue/green wavelengths, making your video look more vivid and natural.
- 8X zoom-The 8X zoom helps you realize your desire to shoot in a limited space.
- Bracket hole & 18 mounting accessory kits & advanced external microphone-CT9900 has a bracket hole, which helps you to install various accessories in various scenes to make it more convenient and firm. Abundant accessories include remote control, external microphone, 2*1350mAh rechargeable batteries, mounting kits and so on. The kit will meet different demands of outdoor sports. Most accessories are compatible with go pro.
Drift Ghost XL Action Camera - Ideal For Action Vlogs: Small, Waterproof, Longest 9 Hours Of Battery Life, HD 1080p, 330 Degree Rotating Lens, Video Tagging, Clone Mode, Optional External Microphone
£134.95 in stock
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE ON THE MARKET - Do you want 9 hours of battery? Record all day at HD 1080P without worrying your battery will die
- IPX7 WATERPROOF AND ROTATING LENS - Use your Ghost XL in the rain, pool or snow, worry-free. Easily align your shot regardless of the mounting position by turning the lens up to 330 degrees
- IDEAL FOR VLOGGING - Featuring video tagging to quickly develop action packed vlogs; optional bluetooth remote and external microphone for the highest sound quality; Drift Life App to easily edit, share or live stream your adventures
- CLONE MODE – Users can sync up to 10 Ghost action cameras via WiFi. Start recording on one and all start recording. Change settings on one and the rest will change
- DISCRETE FORM – Drift Action Cameras have a unique small, sleek form so can be placed on a helmet, or front or rear of a bike or motorcycle to capture footage without affecting your activity. Can also be used as a dashcam recording continuously when plugged into a power supply