I’ve recently joined a bootcamp exercise club and quickly realised my existing trainers were not going to be up to the job of working out in a slightly muddy field, I was slipping and sliding all over the place!
The trainer recommended I get a pair of Salomons and it was a great choice. Went for the blue and white size 9s (I’m a size 8.5 usually) and they fit fine.
They have a cool lacing system that means you just slip the shoes on a pull a little toggle to tighten them up, no laces for you to trip on.
In use these have been brilliant, they offer loads of grip, a massive improvement over my previous trainers, you can feel them grip the ground when you dig in.
The grips are far apart making these easy to clean after use, handy as they can collect a lot of mud.
One thing to be warned about, these are not waterproof, you’ll see in the video review I pop a shoe under the tap and come out with a very soggy sock! This has happened a number of times in use where the grass field I’ve used these on has been damp.
Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes Video Review
SALOMON Men's Speedcross 4 Gtx Trail Running Shoes Waterproof, Black Black Black Silver Metallic X, 10 UK
- AGGRESSIVE GRIP: The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster for eating up soft, technical trails
- PRECISE FOOTHOLD: Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance last shape and endoFit
- WEATHERPROOF COMFORT: Techno fabric meets technical terrain in a weatherproof GORE-TEX shoe that breathes and protects so you can run through all seasons
Salomon Men's Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes, Black (Black/Black/Black Metallic), 10 1/2 UK
1 used from £58.08
- Agressive Grip: Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground
- Precise Foothold: Close-to-foot and comfortable feel
- Lightweight Protection: Just enough to provide protection for technical trail running
- Outsole: Wet Traction Contagrip
- Misole: Molded EVA /Lightweight Muscle/Injected EVA