I’ve been testing this out for work and the S6 is a brilliant mobile.
It’s easy (if long winded if you opt to use the fingerprint scanner) to setup, and once connected to WiFi it updated to Android 6.0.1.
If you do take the the time to setup the fingerprint scanner you’ll benefit from fast unlocking without the need to enter a pin or screen code, just pickup the phone, pop your thumb on the sensor and it unlocks.
Unlike the previous plastic S5 the S6 feels like a premium handset with a lovely design. The only thing that might bug you is the camera around the back, which sticks out a little bit from the back of the body.
Interestingly next to the rear camera is not only a flash, but a small health sensor for measuring things like your heart rate.
Samsung have kept the S6 relatively bloatware free, things like the health sensor make use of the included S Health app and the apps pre installed all seem like they might be useful.
Unfortunately there isn’t the option to add a microSD https://ativanoral.com card, however this is somewhat mitigated by being given 100GB of OneDrive storage space free for 2 years.
The camera on this is brilliant, shots are lovely and clear, the autofocusing works well, you can pull focus to certain spots, good depth of field, you really won’t need a dedicated camera if you have this in your pocket!
The S6 also impresses when playing games. The screen looks gorgeous and it’s big enough to allow the use of onscreen controls without your hands getting in the way of the action.
Worth noting the speakers are located on the bottom of the handset so if you are a gamer that plays a lot of landscape games you might find your hand covering the speaker and muffling the sound a little.
It might not be the newest Samsung phone, but it still has a lot to offer, it’s easy to see why Samsung are doing so well in mobiles.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Video Review
Samsung Galaxy S6 UK SIM-Free Android Smartphone - Gold (Renewed)
- 5.1-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 577 pixels per inch
- 1.5GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor
- 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front camera
- 32GB of internal storage cannot be expanded
Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 32 GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone, Gold, UK Version
£139.70 in stock
- Maximise your viewing experience with the colourful super AMOLED immersive display
- The 18:5:9 infinity display is ideal for multitasking and app pair makes it possible to watch videos and check messages simultaneously
- Be ideal and personalise your selfie with stickers and pre installed filters
- With an impressive 13 MP front and 8 MP rear camera you'll look great from every angle and in any light
- With 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM, you can install more games and apps and save more content
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Gold (SM-G925F) (Renewed)
- 5.1 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 16 MP rear camera and 5 MP front-facing camera
- Seamless metal and glass body
- Fingerprint sensor