The Skandika Copenhagen tent is a large dome tent suitable for up to 6 people. It comes in a large bag and this bag holds everything you need to get the tent setup.
Unpacking the carry bag you’ll have the Copenhagen tent, a number of fibreglass polls, strong tent string and tent pegs. All items feel really good quality and it’s impressive just how much fits into the carry bag, keep in mind this is a heavy bag when full and not something you’ll want to carry too far. The bag comfortable fit into the boot of a Ford Fiesta with a little space to spare for additional items, although if you’re going camping with 6 people it’s likely you’ll have larger means of transportation.
The instructions recommend setting this up at least once before going away and this is sound advice as the instructions aren’t especially clear. There are a few photos and a small amount of text, this would really benefit from more photographic steps to help explain what you’re meant to do as it’s not always clear from the instructions.
However, once you do know how to build this it’s actually fairly easy, with construction consisting of different coloured poles being threaded through the corresponding colour on the tent. The poles all clip together by means of elbow joints attached to the tent and it’s the tension in the poles that gives the structure it’s shape.
There is a smaller pole for use inside the tent that is rather tricky to fit and required a bit of careful movement between the inner and outer sections of the tent to get into position.
Once up you have a really large structure, far larger than you’d expect from the carry bag. The inside is divided into different sections, a single main area and three smaller rooms.
The rooms are divided by a thin material, don’t expect to have any privacy if sharing the tent with others. There is a sewn in groundsheet so all you’ll need to add are sleeping bags and floor mats for additional comfort.
Inside you get lots of space, at 6ft there was still room for someone taller so you don’t need to hunch over when inside.
Skandika have done a wonderful job of keeping things tidy, adding lots of little togs and tie strings around the tent, for example you can open windows and keep the window cover out of the way.There are little pockets to store items in inside the tent and if you wanted to use this as a large covered space you can remove the dividing ‘walls’, it’s a really flexible tent.
There are 3 entrances that can be opened up, two doors and a central flap that opens out and forms a canopy, allowing you to setup sheltered chairs just outside the tent.
It’s apparently summer in the UK at the moment, although as it’s raining while this review is being typed up you’d be forgiven for wondering if we’re skipping summer this year and heading straight for autumn. For those worried about rain soaking you while sleeping don’t be, water just rolls off the Skandika Copenhagen tent. The only thing you need to be mindful of are the windows, if they are left open water can get in.
Taking the tent down was much quicker, although it can take a couple of attempts to get everything packed back into the carry bag. Make sure to flatten down the tent to push out all air else it’ll never go back in.
So much thought has been put into the design of the tent, it’s a pity the same level of detail wasn’t applied to the poor instructions. However, get the hang of putting this up and you’ll find it to be a great (big!) tent that offers a lot of flexibility and options.
Available from Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1DGAf9A
pindaloo Toy - Addictive Family Fun Gift For Boys, Girls and All Ages, Party Skill Game Outdoors & Indoors
- PINDALOO - a new skill game which has many benefits. It may be used for fun, fitness, improving motor skills, relieving stress, sharpening focus & improving concentration and coordination. Loop the ball from one side to the other. It's not as easy as it looks. With practice, co-ordination and skill it will soon become second nature. So then, why not try looping the ball high in the air, or using two Pindaloo balls or even creating your own unique trick.
- FUN - Ideal garden game. Immense fun for, children, adults and teens. Requires skill and practice. Pindaloo is skill toy to be enjoyed by all. It is brightly coloured and has an appealing design. Red and blue colours available. ADHD toys, ADHD games.
- FITNESS and SELF IMPROVEMENT - Pindaloo is great exercise for adults and kids. Pindaloo can help improve focus, relieve stress and anxiety, weight loss and improve balance and endurance. Different tricks and skills available on our website. Wonderful teenager gift idea.
- ENJOYABLE GIFT, HIGH QUALITY - Pindaloo makes a great present for Birthdays, Christmas etc. Skill level required ranges from kids to adult level. May be used for indoor games, party games or outdoor games. The set includes a Pindaloo, 1 ball and 2 caps. Suitable for children over 6 years. Made from the highest quality materials to last a lifetime. 100% recyclable.
- If you're looking for a fun-filled skill-toy that can help improve your cognition, coordination, and provide you with tons of fun, you've come to the right place.
Ravensburger 26646 Scotland Yard Family Strategy Board Game for Kids & Adults Age 8 & Up-The Hunt for Mr X
£16.99 in stock
1 used from £24.99
- Fun play experience – In Scotland Yard, Ravensburger’s hugely popular family board game for boys and girls, you have to try and catch the dangerous criminal Mr X The game is for 3-6 players aged 8 and up. Will you apprehend this dangerous criminal or will he disappear forever into the London fog?
- High quality components – Contains 1x Game board, 6x playing pieces, 29x start tickets, 130x tickets, 1x travel log for Mr. X, 1x Visor for Mr. X, 2x inserts, 2x rings for bobbies and instructions
- Easy to understand instructions - high quality, Easy to understand instructions make it possible to start playing right away.
- Great replay value - Navigating through London's streets in a different way every time you play, meaning it can be played over and over again and makes a great gift.
- Long term quality - Ravensburger has been making products for the hand, head, and heart for over 130 years.
Coleman Tent Octagon, 6 to 8 Man Festival Dome Tent, Waterproof Family Camping Tent with Sewn-in Groundsheet
£186.47 in stock
- 360 Degree view plus enhanced ventilation: Six large windows and mesh roof for maximum air circulation; two hinged doors open like a real door for easy access; full head height throughout the large eight person tent
- Sturdy and easy to pitch family size octagon tent: Colour-coded steel poles for easy set up and a good response to wind, flysheet can be removed and tent transforms into a bug-proof screen room
- Single extra large room: With a removable partition curtain to segregate it into two areas; can be dressed as luxury glamping bedroom, playroom for kids or a perfect tent for festival gatherings
- 100 Percent waterproof: Thanks to Coleman's Weather Tec system with 2000 mm HH combined with taped seams and fully sewn-in groundsheet will keep you dry, whatever the weather
- Enhanced size: 3.96 x 3.96 x 2.15 m (L x W x H); 1 bedroom: 15.7 sq m total; pack size: 85 x 30 x 30 cm (20.7 kg); tent pegs and sturdy wheeled carry bag included; colour: Orange