The Skandika Copenhagen tent is a large dome tent suitable for up to 6 people. It comes in a large bag and this bag holds everything you need to get the tent setup.
Unpacking the carry bag you’ll have the Copenhagen tent, a number of fibreglass polls, strong tent string and tent pegs. All items feel really good quality and it’s impressive just how much fits into the carry bag, keep in mind this is a heavy bag when full and not something you’ll want to carry too far. The bag comfortable fit into the boot of a Ford Fiesta with a little space to spare for additional items, although if you’re going camping with 6 people it’s likely you’ll have larger means of transportation.
The instructions recommend setting this up at least once before going away and this is sound advice as the instructions aren’t especially clear. There are a few photos and a small amount of text, this would really benefit from more photographic steps to help explain what you’re meant to do as it’s not always clear from the instructions.
However, once you do know how to build this it’s actually fairly easy, with construction consisting of different coloured poles being threaded through the corresponding colour on the tent. The poles all clip together by means of elbow joints attached to the tent and it’s the tension in the poles that gives the structure it’s shape.
There is a smaller pole for use inside the tent that is rather tricky to fit and required a bit of careful movement between the inner and outer sections of the tent to get into position.
Once up you have a really large structure, far larger than you’d expect from the carry bag. The inside is divided into different sections, a single main area and three smaller rooms.
The rooms are divided by a thin material, don’t expect to have any privacy if sharing the tent with others. There is a sewn in groundsheet so all you’ll need to add are sleeping bags and floor mats for additional comfort.
Inside you get lots of space, at 6ft there was still room for someone taller so you don’t need to hunch over when inside.
Skandika have done a wonderful job of keeping things tidy, adding lots of little togs and tie strings around the tent, for example you can open windows and keep the window cover out of the way.There are little pockets to store items in inside the tent and if you wanted to use this as a large covered space you can remove the dividing ‘walls’, it’s a really flexible tent.
There are 3 entrances that can be opened up, two doors and a central flap that opens out and forms a canopy, allowing you to setup sheltered chairs just outside the tent.
It’s apparently summer in the UK at the moment, although as it’s raining while this review is being typed up you’d be forgiven for wondering if we’re skipping summer this year and heading straight for autumn. For those worried about rain soaking you while sleeping don’t be, water just rolls off the Skandika Copenhagen tent. The only thing you need to be mindful of are the windows, if they are left open water can get in.
Taking the tent down was much quicker, although it can take a couple of attempts to get everything packed back into the carry bag. Make sure to flatten down the tent to push out all air else it’ll never go back in.
So much thought has been put into the design of the tent, it’s a pity the same level of detail wasn’t applied to the poor instructions. However, get the hang of putting this up and you’ll find it to be a great (big!) tent that offers a lot of flexibility and options.
Available from Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1DGAf9A
Woodland Sketches, Sea Pieces, Fireside Tales and New England Idyls (Dover Music for Piano)
|Number Of Pages||112|
The World Game - Geography Card Game - Educational Board Game for Kids, Family & Adults
- COMPLETE GEOGRAPHY CARD GAME – All 194 countries & a world map included. Can be used as flash cards or trivia. Country's data is updated regularly.
- FRIENDLY FAMILY GAME – Find the strongest fact about the country and win. Train your memory and brain while having fun.
- FOR KIDS AND ADULTS – For all stages of knowledge. One of the best educational board games for kids 8-12. Smart birthday / Christmas gift idea for teen boys and girls.
- FLAGS, CAPITALS & LOCATION - Show the country on the map, recognise the flags or name the capital city. An award-winning world learning game toy.
- FUN AND EDUCATIONAL - The more you play the more you know. Take it on a travel or road trip. For 2 to 5 players.
Skandinavisk Skog Reed Diffuser: Pine and Fir Cones, Birch Sap and Lily of The Valley. 200 ml
- A perfume blend in painted glass with eight sticks. Packaging card from managed Swedish forests with natural colour dyes. Refills available.
- To get the most from your Skandinavisk diffuser, remove the seal, place the sticks into the liquid – the more sticks used, the stronger the scent – then rotate the sticks Weekly.
- Scent description: Pine needles and fir cones, birch sap and woodland lily of the valley. The diffuser reflects the unique aspects of the landscape of Scandinavia and fill your room with wonderful aroma.
- Contains 200 ml reed diffuser. Will scent a room for 3+ months.
- SKOG [’skuːg] Swedish/Norwegian for ‘forest’. Calm of the boreal forest. Boreal forests cover over half the Scandinavian lands, stretching from the southernmost county of Sweden to the Arctic Circle.