The Skandika Nemo Aqua Rower Liquid Rowing Machine is a quality liquid rower without the £1000+ price tag of it’s competitors.
The Nemo arrives in a disassembled state, and given the size you’ll want to be in during delivery. It comes with everything you need to get set up, including a tool kit, you’ll just need to add water to get started.
The instructions are easy to follow and in total it took around 30 to 40 minutes to get this built, it could likely be done much quicker if you have someone to help you.
When assembled the Nemo is a long, but thin. It can be stored upright when not in use (the water doesn’t leak out unless you’ve over filled the tank).
Also included is a small bottle of touch up paint in case you damage the Nemo’s lovely gunmetal grey finish.
Filling the tank was simple using the included transfer pipe. On the right hand side of the water chamber is a calibration line you shouldn’t go over, it would be more useful if this was on the same side as the hole used to fill the chamber as you’ll likely be on that side when filling with water. A small stopper is used to prevent water from splashing out.
There are water treatment tablets included, the manual indicates the four tablets should last you years. They don’t need to be added right away, best to pop one in when you’ve finalised the position of the rower, otherwise you might need to remove the treated water to move the unit.
There is a rower computer with a nice large screen, very easy to see and it automatically turns itself on when it detects motion and off when the rower isn’t in use.
If you’ve used a non liquid rower before you’ll be aware of the noise rowers produce. This does have the same rope moving noise, but there is the lovely addition of the sound of water sloshing around in the main chamber.
Water is perfect for a rower as the harder you try and rower the harder you have to row. The resistance change comes from the amount of water in the chamber and in a smart bit of design work there are actually two compartments the water sits in, the outer one (used for resistance) and an inner chamber (used for water storage).
The resistance is adjusted via the yellow dial on the top of the Nemo’s water chamber, and can be adjusted mid workout. Changing the resistance causes (after numerous strokes) the water to be transferred from the outer to inner or inner to outer chamber depending on if you are increasing or decreasing the resistance level.
It works very well and you’ll find you can feel the workout in your legs and arms.
It might seem like an expensive bit of kit, but you only have to look round at similar equipment from competitors to see this is relatively low cost in comparison.
Aqua Quest HIMAL Blue Waterproof Day Pack Ultra Light, Adjustable for Men, Women, Kids, Students
- 100% WATERPROOF - From extreme adventure to daily urban use, the Aqua Quest Himal keeps your valuables safe from rain, snow, dirt, dust, or sand, and even protects against quick temporary submersion. Once you go waterproof, you'll never go back!
- ULTRA-LIGHT - At only 525 g, the Himal is ultra-light yet tough. 70D RipStop fabric + TPU lamination + Heat taped seams = A waterproof pack that’s so light that you might even forget you’re carrying it!
- COMFORTABLE - The waist and shoulder straps are fully adjustable, soft, flexible, dry easily and contour to the shape of your body. The Air-Mesh back panel is soft and breathable, and stays comfortable all day.
- FOLDABLE + COMPACT - The Himal can’t make your breakfast, but it can fold up into its own front zip pocket! Perfect for athletes, minimalists, and travelers concerned about space. Size when packed = 28 x 18 x 6 cm. Compressed: 28 x 10 x 4 cm
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: All Aqua Quest products are protected by AQ’s Two-Year ‘No Worries Warranty’.
Kaboodle Childrens Fish Swim & Sports Bag - Aqua & Royal Blue
- Made of tough waterproof nylon to survive kid's wear and tear. Machine Washable.
- Large shoe pocket provides a separate dry area. Sturdy zippered pocket to keep valuables safe.
- Strong webbing shoulder strap for easy hands free carrying, drawstring cord and toggle closes securely to keep everything inside.
- Big enough for a large beach towel, clothes and shoes (46cm x 36cm, outside pocket 23 cm deep).
- Comes complete with a durable rubber name tag
Undercover Disney Pixar Finding Nemo, Brustbeutel (Blue) - 10008978