At the time of writing the Sony Xperia E is retailing for just shy of £110 from Amazon. For not a lot of your hard earned money you get an Android handset running 4.1 (Jelly Bean), a 3.5′ display, a 1Ghz processor, HD noise (network support required) and noise cancellation to cover just a few points.
The screen is really clear, and a really nice size. The Tipo was a good handset, but it feels too small. The Sony Xperia E is a great size and has a very nice, high end, feel to it. You wouldn’t be ashamed to pop this on the pub table in front of your mates.
Android runs really well on the Sony Xperia E, the menu scrolling is smooth and it comes pre-installed with the basic apps to get you started. You get some extra Sony bits, for example the ‘WALKMAN’ app, which is basically a Sony media player. You may or may not make use of them, but it’s nice to see Sony adding only littles bits, rather than attempting to give Android a complete facelift.
At this price point you get a 3.2 megapixel camera. While fairly low spec these days it’ll be good enough for some basic photos for social media and it has helped keep the over price low. Considering how good the rest of the handset it this is a small sacrifice to make for such a brilliant handset.
Overall this is an impressive handset for the price. Perfect for those looking for a stylish, but low cost, smartphone. This doesn’t need to be considered a second phone, this can easily be your main mobile, offering all the advantages of a higher cost smart phone. A brilliant handset which improves on the Sony Xperia Tipo in many ways.
Available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1z5A8BD
Sony Xperia 10 II Android Smartphone - 6.0 Inch 21:9 Wide FHD+ OLED display - Triple Lens Camera - IP65/68 Rating Water Resistance - 4 GB RAM - 128 GB Storage – Single Sim, Black
3 used from £299.99
- Boasting IP65/68 rating water resistance, durable Corning Gorilla Glass 6 and a long battery life, the Xperia 10 II is built for worry-free use
- An impressive 21:9 Wide 6 Inch OLED display - viewing content on your smartphone has never been more enjoyable; OLED delivers incredibly rich, natural colours and deeper blacks, for breath taking results and the 21:9 Wide aspect ratio on this 6-inch screen enables you to see more and do more on your mobile phone
- Triple lens camera; Featuring an ultra-wide-angle 16 mm lens, a wide-angle 26 mm lens and telephoto 52 mm lens, the Xperia 10 II gives you the creative flexibility to capture beautiful images in a range of scenarios and conditions
- With a long lasting 3,600 mAh battery, the Xperia 10 II gives you all the power you need to enjoy your day, whilst the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Mobile Platform handles all your apps, movies, games and more with ease on this Android phone
- By combining Sony’s photographic expertise with AI (Artificial Intelligence), the Xperia 10 II can recognise different shooting scenarios - including food, skin tones and night mode - and adjust the camera settings accordingly; this means you can capture stunning images, time and time again
Sony Xperia L1 SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
2 used from £86.00
- Signature Sony design, with a large 5.5” HD display and rounded frame that feels great in your hand
- Engineered for smooth performance in its category with efficient processing power and large expandable memory
- A user interface that learns and adapts, to make everyday tasks simple and more enjoyable
- Adapts to your habits - Xperia L1 learns and adapts based on how you use it, getting smarter and more personal every day
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology, aptX / a2dp