The Sony Xperia M2 is a mid range mobile that at a glance could pass for one of the top end Sony Xperia Z phones. The main difference between the Xperia M2 and top end Z1/Z2 is the materials used, instead of metal and glass the Xperia M2 is plastic. Fortunately the screen is Gorilla Glass which reduces the chance of screen scratching, although the back of the phone feels like it might pickup a few scratches.
At 4.8″ the Xperia M2 is a great option for those looking for a large phone on a budget. The size means it’s easy to view photos or videos and gives you lots of room for on screen controls should you fancy a spot of gaming on the go.
On the top of the mobile is the headphone socket, on the right hand side is the microSD and SIM card slot as well as the power button, volume rocker and dedicated camera button.
The bottom of the phone is the speaker (which is OK but lacks any real bass) and the right hand side has the USB port for charging/connecting to PC. A big problem with the position of the speaker is that if you are holding the phone in landscape you’ll likely block the speaker completely, giving you a very muffled experience.
The phone feels light in the hand and the power button placement means it’s easy to activate the screen using a single hand. Although the Xperia M2 shares a lot of the design of the Xperia Z range it’s a pity it doesn’t also share the waterproofing of the more expensive mobiles to give it a bit more of an edge over other mid range handsets.
The 1.2GZ quad core processor keeps things ticking over nicely and games run well, you can see an example in the video below, with the only problem being it’s likely you’ll muffle the sound by placing your hand over the Xperia M2s speaker.
The camera is OK for photos and videos and the autofocus is nippy enough at this level of handset, although doesn’t come close to the speed of the high end LG G3. The Sony camera app is very good, offering a number of different features such as AR effect that adds virtual reality scenes and characters to whatever you’re looking at. The screen is good for reviewing and a nice little touch is that the light at the top of the phone will try and match the main colour on the screen.
Overall a great mid range phone, remember that for this price things like the camera are not going to blow you away, but thats the compromise made to get a nice sized screen.
Available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1usSoqE
Original Sony MH750 Black Mobile Headset In-Ear-Stereo Wired Jack 3.5 mm Earphones Earbud Headphone For Sony Xperia Z Z Ultra Z1 Z1 Compact Z1s Z2 Z2a Z3 Z3 Compact Z3+ Z3v Z4 Compact Z4 Ultra Z4v ZL ZR Xperia C C3 C4 C5 Ultra E E1 E1 II E3 E4 E4g go ion HSPA ion LTE J L LT29i Hayabusa M M2 M4 Aqua M5 miro neo L P S SL sola SP T T LTE T2 Ultra T3 tipo TX U V acro HD SO-03D acro S Sony D 2403 Sony Tablet P S Sony Xperia Tablet S S Z Z3 Compact Z4 3G LTE WiFi
- Original Sony Stereo Headset MH-730 Handsfree Earphone
- Standard audio plug - the MH750 connects to phone, computer or other device
- A longer call - press the answer key when a call comes in and enjoy comfortable handsfree calling on the go with HD Voice
- A bigger sound - a 9.2 mm dynamic speaker driver behind each earphone and advanced micro audio technology combine to deliver an impressive audio experience
- Color :- Black , Warranty :- 12 months
Sony Genuine Black Type C USB Data Cable Xperia XZ/Xperia X Compact/Xperia L1 / Xperia XZs/Xperia XA1 / Xperia X Premium Compatible With Other Type C Models (No Retail Packaging)
- Official Sony Product
- Genuine Sony Type C Cable
- USB Type A to Type C Cable
- Reversible Connector as USB-C is a user-friendly design that lets you insert the connector the right way, every time
- For Charging and Data Transfer at high speeds
Sony Xperia L3 5.7 Inch 18:9 Full HD+ display Android 8 UK SIM-Free Smartphone with 3GB RAM and 32GB Storage (Dual SIM) - Black (Exclusive to Amazon)
- See more of the movies, TV shows, pictures and entertainment you love with a large 5.7” HD+ display.
- Unlock in a touch, with built in fingerprint sensor.
- 13MP and 2MP dual camera system.
- Better looking selfies with a front camera that takes pictures with background defocus and comes with a range of beauty effects.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for toughness and durability