The SOOCOO S33WS Pro WiFi Sports Action Camera is a very low cost action camera for those interested in videoing they’re adventures.
The S33WS is a tiny little camera that comes with a 1.5″ screen on the back. Next to the screen are menu control buttons. On the front is the power button and on the top is the record button. On the left side is the WiFi mode button; on the right side is a mini HDMI out, USB socket and a memory card slot and thoughtfully an 8GB SD card is included.
Interestingly the battery is removable, so if you can find a spare you don’t need to worry about charging the camera while out and about. Even with a spare battery it’s worth considering a portable power pack, if you use the screen a lot you’re looking at around 30 minutes of use, stretching to around 60 if you disable the screen.
Overall it’s a good looking little camera with a nice textured finish on the front that gives the camera a premium look.
As is often the case with low cost sports cameras you get a lot of accessories included, however unlike other cameras this comes with a really nice case to keep your camera and the accessories in. The accessories don’t feel as premium as the camera, but they do provide you with a wide range of options, from using this on a bike to clipping it on your belt.
Equipped with a 150 degree wide angle lens, the S33WS is capable of recording footage at 1080P and generally does a good job for the low price, footage is clear and as you can see in the review video below it handles bumps and shakes OK, in extreme situations the results aren’t as great. Sound quality isn’t particularly good, especially once it’s in a case (which will be most of the time) so you’re better off using this for footage only.
For those wondering how to operate this when it’s in certain configurations, like attached to a helmet, you can activate the WiFi functionality and connect to the S33WS from a smartphone via the free app. This app proved to be rather frustrating to use, it can be sluggish and frustrating to use and it’s not always clear what’s happening.
Overall then a solid little camera that performs well if you’re just looking for a basic video only camera. Well worth considering if you’re interested in a Go Pro type camera without the large price tag.
DURAGADGET Premium Quality Pole/Bar / Handlebar Tri-Clamp Mount - Compatible with SooCoo C10, SOOCOO S33WS Pro WiFi Sport Action Camera, SooCoo S60
£12.89 in stock
- Made of high quality ABS (30 times more durable than regular plastic)
- Fits almost every camera, action cam and smartphone device
- 180 degree rotation for multi-angle viewing
- Adjustable clamps allow fixing to an array of bar sizes
- Comes with DURAGADGET's special 5 year warranty!
DURAGADGET Soft Grip Handheld Action Camera Stabiliser With Stereo/Flash Mount For The SOOCOO S33WS Pro WiFi Sport Action Camera - By
£11.99 in stock
- Perfect film makers tool! Excellent for nailing tricky shots!
- Lightweight and portable!
- Features an additional shoe mount on top, making it easy to attach a microphone or light!
- Cushioned handle prevents blisters or discomfort!
- Perfect for skateboarding,skiing,snowboarding,biking,surfing,hunting or any outdoor activity where stablity is key!
DURAGADGET Premium Quality Hard EVA Shell Case/Box with Carabiner Clip & Twin Zips in Rose Gold - Compatible with the SOOCOO S33WS Pro WiFi Sport Action Camera
£8.99 in stock
- High quality, compact Rose Gold hard case for the ultimate protection of your camera
- Soft felt lining will keep your device dust free, while the durable rigid outer provides maximum protection from the elements
- Includes a netted storage compartment, memory card holder and carabiner belt clip
- Elasticised internal velcro strap to keep your device firmly in place
- Strong dual zip closure offers extra security for the protection of your camera