The Tonor Condenser Microphone is a budget package to get you started with pod casting as along with microphone you also get a small tripod stand.
It’s a wired microphone, with a standard 3.5mm connector on the end, so it can be plugged into PCs, laptops or cameras.
Setup on a computer is fairly easy, but does require experimentation to get the best sound quality. The manual recommends putting the boost in Windows up to 100%, but that results in loads of hissing. Turn it down to reduce the hiss and you have to hold the mic right next to your mouth to do any recording otherwise the recording will be too quiet (see video review below).
You’ll also need to consider getting a cheap pop filter to eliminate unwanted popping sounds caused when saying certain letters.
Overall it’s an OK mic considering the budget price, for less than £15 you have something to get you started with pod casting with, although it’s worth keeping in mind you’re not going to get top notch quality audio and if you already have a webcam you may find this isn’t much better than the microphone built into that.
However, if you can put up with the niggles of the low cost Tonor Condenser Microphone, don’t mind spending some time finding the best way to get decent quality and want a dedicated mic to get started with pod casting this certainly won’t break the bank.
TONOR USB Microphone Kit Q9 Condenser Computer Cardioid Mic for Podcast, Game, YouTube Video, Stream, Recording Music, Voice Over
3 used from £52.79
- Plug and Play: With USB A to B cable, Q9 microphone is easy to connect with both Mac and Windows computer, no need any extra driver software or sound card. Note: This microphone is compatible with PS4, but not compatible with Xbox.
- Great Sound of Fidelity: The cardioid condenser capsule enables the Q9 to capture pristine and accurate sound and cancel noise from surroundings, perfect for recording and communicating.
- User-friendly Design: With a convenient volume button, Q9 recording microphone is much easier for you to use.
- Durable Boom Stand: The Q9 microphone has a sturdy all-metal suspension scissor stand that extends vertically up to 27.5"/700mm, giving you an excellent range of motion. Maximum desk thickness: 1.7"/45mm.
- What You Get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x extended boom arm, 1 x metal shock mount, 1 x desk clamp, 1 x pop filter, 1 x mic cover, 1 x 1.8m USB cable and 1 x manual.
USB Microphone, TONOR Condenser Computer PC Mic with Tripod Stand, Pop Filter, Shock Mount for Gaming, Streaming, Podcasting, YouTube, Skype, Twitch, Discord, Compatible with Laptop Desktop, TC30
£31.04 in stock
2 used from £30.42
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, no additional driver is required. TC30 is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux. Ideal for gaming, podcasting, zoom meeting, streaming, Skype chatting, online conference.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: The mic has a cardioid pickup pattern and an excellent off-axis suppression function, allowing it to capture more natural sound and suppress unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to attach the pop filter to the mic tripod, then it can be plug and play.
- Exceptional Anti-vibration: The upgraded concealed shock mount can effectively reduce the noise caused by the mouse, keyboard, radiator or touch of the microphone.
- What You Get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x shock mount, 1 x foldable mic tripod, 1 x pop filter, 1 x USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, 1 x manual. Note: It is compatible with Macs, PCs and PS4, not compatible with Phones and Xbox.
TONOR PC Microphone USB Computer Condenser Gaming Mic Plug & Play with Tripod Stand & Pop Filter for Vocal Recording, Podcasting, Streaming for iMac PC Laptop Desktop Windows Computer
1 used from £34.29
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, the TC-777 is plug and play, no any additional driver is required. Ideal for conference, distance learning, streaming, chatting, podcasting, recording, Zoom, Skype, YouTube video, etc.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: This mic has a cardioid pickup pattern that captures the clear, smooth and crisp sound in front of the microphone and suppresses unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to unfold the three-legged stand directly and adjust the position of the pop filter, then it can be plug and play.
- Versatility: The shock mount can be unscrewed and attached to a boom stand with 5/8'' threaded insert directly. Note: If the threaded insert your stand comes with is 3/8'', then the 3/8'' female to 5/8'' male threaded screw adapter is needed (not included).
- What You Get: 1 x Microphone with Power Cord(1.5m), 1 x Foldable Mic Tripod, 1 x Mini Shock Mount, 1 x Pop Filter and 1 x Manual. (Note: It is not compatible with Xbox.)