The Tonor Condenser Microphone is a budget package to get you started with pod casting as along with microphone you also get a small tripod stand.
It’s a wired microphone, with a standard 3.5mm connector on the end, so it can be plugged into PCs, laptops or cameras.
Setup on a computer is fairly easy, but does require experimentation to get the best sound quality. The manual recommends putting the boost in Windows up to 100%, but that results in loads of hissing. Turn it down to reduce the hiss and you have to hold the mic right next to your mouth to do any recording otherwise the recording will be too quiet (see video review below).
You’ll also need to consider getting a cheap pop filter to eliminate unwanted popping sounds caused when saying certain letters.
Overall it’s an OK mic considering the budget price, for less than £15 you have something to get you started with pod casting with, although it’s worth keeping in mind you’re not going to get top notch quality audio and if you already have a webcam you may find this isn’t much better than the microphone built into that.
However, if you can put up with the niggles of the low cost Tonor Condenser Microphone, don’t mind spending some time finding the best way to get decent quality and want a dedicated mic to get started with pod casting this certainly won’t break the bank.
TONOR Condenser Microphone XLR to 3.5mm with USB Cable Recording Microphone Kit PC Mics with 48V Phantom Power Supply, Boom Scissor Arm Stand with Shock Mount black
1 used from £ 31.36
- ♪♫NOTE: Sound card is not INCLUDED! (If your device is Mac or other laptops with one audio hole, a sound card is needed to purchase additionally.) It CANNOT be used with mobile phone and tablet computer. For a better sound quality, pls face the sound source directly onto the screened sides with TONOR logo of the microphone head.
- ♪♫ DURABLE &STURDY SCISSOR ARM STAND: the suspension scissor arm stand is made of durable steel material. It can be sturdily mounted on the announcers' table with the table mounting clamp.
- ♪♫ PROTECTIVE POP FILTER: the double nylon net microphone wind screen pop filter helps you against plosion and popping to get your best vocal recordings. 360 degree flexible gooseneck provides adjustment of any angle or position as you want.
- ♪♫ ANTI VIBRATION SHOCK MOUNT: the shock mount is made of solid metal and reduce the trill caused by vibration effectively.
- ♪♫ GOOD SOUND EFFECT MICROPHONE: the condenser microphone adopts complete electronic circuit control and gold-plate diaphragm capsule. With a good cardioid polar pickup pattern and enough 48V phantom power supply,the microphone minimizes background noise and accurately records the most subtle sound.
TONOR Condenser PC Microphone XLR to 3.5mm with Boom Scissor Arm Stand with Shock Mount for Podcasting Studio Recording Chatting Black
£23.99 in stock
- ♪♫NOTE: Sound card and 48V phantom power are not INCLUDED!(The condenser microphones require an external source of power like 48V phantom power.)/ It CANNOT be used with mobile phone and tablet computer. For a better sound quality, pls face the sound source directly onto the screened sides with TONOR logo of the microphone head.
- ♪♫All-in-one: Package includes a microphone, shock mount, adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, table mounting clamp, pop filter,windscreen, 3.5mm XLR cable and manual. TONOR offers a 12 month repair/replacement warranty and a 30 day hassle-free return policy.
- ♪♫Cardioid Polar Pattern: Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides, improving isolation of desired sound source, which is ideal for podcasting, streaming, youtube video and also can be used for recordings at home or professional studio.
- ♪♫Durable and Sturdy: The shock mount which is made of solid metal also can effectively reduce trill caused by vibration. Super-strong stand spring protects microphone from shaking, suddenly dropping and making noise.
- ♪♫How to Connect: If your device is Mac or other laptops with one audio hole, a sound card is needed to purchase additionally. If you need to connect it into the mixer device, XLR male to female microphone cable is needed to purchase additionally.
Tonor 3.5mm jack Condenser Sound Microphone For Computer Black
- 3.5mm stereo plug fits most desktop computer and laptop. Enjoy ture -to- life audio in every device.
- Excellent for Whatsapp, QQ, MSN, Skype chatting and singing, speech and instrument recording. Large condenser microphone element produces warm, rich audio. Note: Avoid placing microphone too close to the wall and power source.
- Desktop tripod microphone stand features a 360 degree and 90 degree rotating microphone holder.
- Allows easy portability. Driver-free, simple plug&play connection, work with a wide vriety of software. Offers high- quality audio and long term durability.
- TONOR Brand with Premium Warranty:a. 12 months warranty.b. 2 months hassle-free return policy.C. Sellerpays for return if item is DOA or not as describe. Note: Tonor condenser microphone has a 3.5mm jack and it only works with devices that come with 3.5mm jack socket. If your device comes with a single jack, a sound card (or 3.5mm Stereo jack spitter) need to be used.