The Tonor Condenser Microphone is a budget package to get you started with pod casting as along with microphone you also get a small tripod stand.
It’s a wired microphone, with a standard 3.5mm connector on the end, so it can be plugged into PCs, laptops or cameras.
Setup on a computer is fairly easy, but does require experimentation to get the best sound quality. The manual recommends putting the boost in Windows up to 100%, but that results in loads of hissing. Turn it down to reduce the hiss and you have to hold the mic right next to your mouth to do any recording otherwise the recording will be too quiet (see video review below).
You’ll also need to consider getting a cheap pop filter to eliminate unwanted popping sounds caused when saying certain letters.
Overall it’s an OK mic considering the budget price, for less than £15 you have something to get you started with pod casting with, although it’s worth keeping in mind you’re not going to get top notch quality audio and if you already have a webcam you may find this isn’t much better than the microphone built into that.
However, if you can put up with the niggles of the low cost Tonor Condenser Microphone, don’t mind spending some time finding the best way to get decent quality and want a dedicated mic to get started with pod casting this certainly won’t break the bank.
TONOR USB Microphone Kit Q9 Condenser Computer Cardioid Mic for Podcast, Game, YouTube Video, Stream, Recording Music, Voice Over
- Plug and Play: With USB A to B cable, Q9 microphone is easy to connect with both Mac and Windows computer, no need any extra driver software or sound card. Note: This microphone is compatible with PS4, but not compatible with Xbox.
- Great Sound of Fidelity: The cardioid condenser capsule enables the Q9 to capture pristine and accurate sound and cancel noise from surroundings, perfect for recording and communicating.
- User-friendly Design: With a convenient volume button, Q9 recording microphone is much easier for you to use.
- Durable Boom Stand: The Q9 microphone has a sturdy all-metal suspension scissor stand that extends vertically up to 27.5"/700mm, giving you an excellent range of motion. Maximum desk thickness: 1.7"/45mm.
- What You Get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x extended boom arm, 1 x metal shock mount, 1 x desk clamp, 1 x pop filter, 1 x mic cover, 1 x 1.8m USB cable and 1 x manual.
TONOR PC Microphone USB Computer Condenser Gaming Mic Plug & Play with Tripod Stand & Pop Filter for Vocal Recording, Podcasting, Streaming for PC Laptop Desktop Windows Computer
2 used from £31.05
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, the TC-777 is plug and play, no any additional driver is required. Ideal for conference, distance learning, streaming, chatting, podcasting, recording, Zoom, Skype, YouTube video, etc.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: This mic has a cardioid pickup pattern that captures the clear, smooth and crisp sound in front of the microphone and suppresses unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to unfold the three-legged stand directly and adjust the position of the pop filter, then it can be plug and play.
- Versatility: The shock mount can be unscrewed and attached to a boom stand with 5/8'' threaded insert directly. Note: If the threaded insert your stand comes with is 3/8'', then the 3/8'' female to 5/8'' male threaded screw adapter is needed (not included).
- What You Get: 1 x Microphone with Power Cord(1.5m), 1 x Foldable Mic Tripod, 1 x Mini Shock Mount, 1 x Pop Filter and 1 x Manual. (Note: It is not compatible with Xbox.)
TONOR USB Microphone Kit, Recording Microphone 192kHz/24Bit Plug & Play Condenser Computer Mic for Podcast, Game, YouTube Video, Stream, Voice Over, TC-2030
1 used from £60.75
- Plug and Play: With USB 2.0 data port, the TC-2030 kit is compatible with Laptop, Desktop, PS4, no need for any extra driver software or an external sound card.
- Latest Upgraded Microphone Stand: TC-2030 kit is equipped with an extended boom arm made of durable steel and a desk clamp with 4 times larger contact area for easily clip to any desk up to 2.4''/60mm thick.
- Professional Sound Chipset: Sampling rate: 192kHz/24Bit!!! Using advanced microphone chip, pick up a wider range of nuances so your voice is clearly and properly captured.
- Gold-Plated 14mm Large-Diaphragm: The gold-plated large-diaphragm condenser cartridge makes the sound range of low and high frequency wider and the sound quality more exquisite. Excellent for streaming, recording, podcasting, home studio, etc.
- Microphone Kit: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x extended boom arm, 1 x spider shock mount, 1 x desk clamp, 1 x pop filter, 1 x mic cover, 4 x cable tie , 1 x USB cable and 1 x manual. Note: Not compatible with Xbox.