The Trimeo 7″ Windows tablet is a very budget friendly full Windows 8 PC.
Windows runs surprisingly well, especially the touch screen portion. You can access the desktop view, but this isn’t really well optimised for this size screen so it can be a bit tricky to use, do-able, but fiddly.
The Trimeo tablet has a chunky feel to it and a fairly large bezel around the 7″ screen. However, it’s light enough to easily hold it in one hand while prodding and swiping the screen with the other.
Trimeo have equipped the tablet with an Intel Baytrail quad core processor, 1GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB memory which can be expanded via memory card.
If you already have a Windows 8 laptop or PC with a Microsoft account then this tablet can download your preferences during the setup, for example you’ll see in the video the Trimeo tablet has automatically installed a customer wallpaper that happens to be installed on a laptop running the same account.
The Trimeo Windows tablet has two cameras, a 0.3MP front facing camera and a 2MP rear camera. Despite it’s low megapixel count the rear camera quality is actually fairly decent, better than expected, and while it’s not going to replace a good camera phone or dedicated camera it’ll do for the odd snap or video.
You can see in the review video that the Trimeo screen is fairly reflective and can be tricky to see in direct sunlight, even at maximum brightness.
Generally everything flows very nicely, there is the occasional lag when rotating the screen between portrait and landscape.
The Trimeo tablet is ideal for general day to day use, web surfing, checking emails etc. The design is chunky and it’s not the most powerful tablet you can get, but any shortcomings can easily be overlooked when you consider the wallet friendly price of around £50 at the time of review.
Available from Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1MbMQ9n
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 32 GB Wi-Fi Android Tablet - Dark Grey (UK Version)
£202.79 in stock
2 used from £190.91
- 10.4 Inch WUXGA+ display: Lose yourself in the latest blockbuster and put the finishing touches on your work project
- 7 mm ultra-thin metal body: It’s super light it’s super light, so you can keep yourself entertained at home and on-the-go
- Dolby Atmos Quad Speakers: Immerse yourself in your favourite content
- Powerful 7,040 mAh Battery: You can play all day and then some
- What's In The Box: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7, charger, charging cable, user manual
Fire 7 Tablet | 7" display, 16 GB, Black - with Ads
- 7" IPS display, 16 or 32 GB of internal storage (up to 512 GB of expandable storage with microSD).
- Faster 1.3 GHz quad-core processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- Up to 7 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video and listening to music.
- Enjoy your favourite apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Disney+, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and more through the Amazon Appstore (Google Play Store not supported). Subscription fees may apply.
- Now hands free with Alexa.
iOTA Flo 11.6-Inch Laptop Windows 10 Home, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC Storage, Intel Celeron Processor
£167.39 in stock
3 used from £167.39
- The Amazon Exclusive iOTA Flo comes equipped with an amazing 11.6" 1920*1080 full HD IPS Display, meaning you can enjoy gripping box sets, Cat videos and holiday selfies in stunning Full high definition
- The thin and lightweight chassis makes the iOTA Flo an ultraportable laptop that you can take everywhere. Weighing just over a kilo, it's easy to carry. Whether you're working in a café or studying in the library, iOTA Flo is the ideal on the move computing companion
- When you are on the move, staying connected is a necessity and the iOTA Flo has AC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for transferring data fast. For added convenience the USB, HDMI and micro SD ports make it easy to connect external devices
- 4GB RAM with 64GB eMMC built-in storage, with the option to expand this further via MicroSD Card
- Switch out of S Mode: 1. On your PC running Windows 10 in S mode, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation. 2. In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select "Go to the Store". 3. On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the "Get" button.