For some months now the Superhub 2 has had a curious problem, one which Virgin have so far been unable to resolve. The problem is this, our mobiles connect to the wifi without a problem, they work as you’d expect. After some time you can’t access the internet, even though the phones are connected.
I’ve been talking to Virgin for some time and the following has been tried:
- Changed the wifi channel from Auto to a set number
- Adjusted the wifi speed
- Off shore call center changed power levels
- Gave the mobiles static IP addresses
- Engineer has come out and replaced a load of connectors and cabling (apparently whoever did the install did a poor job)
- Engineer also adjusted the power levels
- None of the above worked so a replacement Superhub was sent out
- As I’d escalated the matter someone came round to fit a replacement Superhub without cancelling the replacement that had been shipped out
- The second Superhub had the same issue
- I purchased an Asus RT-N66U router to test if the problem was the phones, during two and a bit days of use there were no issues
- I took the Asus back and figured I might as well try the third Superhub router that had been sent to me
- Still have the same issue, it’s the 3rd Superhub that features in my video
This issue only occurs with the Superhub 2. The phones work without a problem on other wifi networks (including my brothers house, which has an original Superhub).
I’ll be calling Virgin back later and will update this page with any further information. If you’ve had this problem and have a resolution please leave a comment below or get in touch via the contact page.
[accordion_item title=’Update: 06/01/14′]Problems continue across a range of devices. Now have an iPad Air which has the same wifi issue. Have reported the problem via the Virgin web form.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item title=’Update: 17/01/14′]Still having issues and have had no contact from Virgin, they’ve ignored the webform and have decided to charge me £20 for installation.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item title=’Final update’]Virgin have said they have no idea what the problem is or how to solve it. They have provided, as a gesture of goodwill, a credit to cover half the cost of buying a new wireless router. Since purchasing the new router there have been no further wifi issues.[/accordion_item]
Replacement power supply adaptor for the 12V Virgin Media Superhub Router
- This top quality 12V power supply adapter is a replacement PSU for the Virgin Media Superhub Router. The adapter meets all UK and EU electrical standards and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Meets all UK and EU electrical standards
- Lifetime guarantee
10M White Coax Cable For Virgin Media, Sky TV, Broadband Extension and Tivo & Superhub (10M, WHITE)
£7.99 in stock
- Connect and extend the signal from any television, satellite receiver, cable and broadband modems, digital TV antennas and all other RG6 wired devices with the SSL Extension Cable.
- SSL cable and video accessories are manufactured using the highest quality reinforced and shielded materials for an extension cable that is both durable and guaranteed to deliver crystal clear quality from any source in any weather condition.
- If you’re looking to extend the connection for any Virgin Media or sky TV source, rest assured with the SSL coax extension cable which is a standardized RG6 7mm cable size to fit every F-female device.
- We provide 2 cable clips per every meter of cable ordered to help you quickly with your video installs and help you get your install quickly right out of the box
- Perfect for any occasion, our SSL cables are rigorously-tested for both indoor and outdoor use under any weather condition for a consistent and reliable perfect cable TV video channel stream.
1STec 30cm Short White Virgin Media Cable for White Isolator Wall Box 0.3m Link Lead for connecting to 2 or 3 Way Splitters V6 Digital Set Top Boxes or Broadband Cable Modems (30 cm Lead, White)
£4.45 in stock
- SHORT LINK F-PLUG LEADS - These are used for replacing and shortening an existing installed cable or for introducing a splitter after the white Virgin Media internal Isolator wall boxes. They can also be used with an F-coupler (not supplied) when needing to increase the length of an existing cable by a small amount
- STANDARDIZED GOLD PLUGS - Standard F-connectors as used by Sky Satellite Freesat and Virgin Media services. Fits TiVo V6 Set Top Boxes and all VM Superhub Modems. A High Specification cable with screw on connectors suitable for all Digital TV and Broadband services including Freesat and Freeview
- 360° SEALED CONNECTORS - Gold F-Connectors with 360° Radial Compression Seal. Superior connections are achieved with these newer connectors with advanced 360° Radial Compression Technology. These offer better Screening and prevent moisture ingress while not altering the signal like crimped on types
- HIGH QUALITY COAXIAL LEADS - Prepared with Fully Screened Superfast Coaxial Cable. Our cables use the High Quality fully screened conductors with a Foam Dielectric with uniform centre core spacing. Correct cable sourced to match the characteristics of the Commscope + Amphenol cable as used by Virgin Media
- DIGITAL TV OR BROADBAND - Industry Approved Fibre + HD Connection leads. Avoid cables with the obsolete crimped on connectors that were discontinued long before the digital switchover. High Quality cables and advanced F-connector technology makes a big difference when extending any Digital signal