This Virgin v-room review is part of our Florida Reviews Special.
The Virgin v-room aims to make the start of your holiday that little bit better. For most trips you do all your packing, make it to the airport, pass through security and are then faced with wandering around shops looking at things you don’t want to buy or sitting on uncomfortable chairs waiting for your flight to start boarding.
The v-room offers a new alternative, it gives you somewhere to get a bit to eat, sit in comfortable chairs and generally relax before your flight. This review is based on the Manchester airport v-room, but there is also one in Gatwick as well. Booked directly with Virgin while sorting out a trip to Florida, the v-room is a paid extra costing £22 per person at the time of review. There is limited seating, once the room is full you won’t be able to gain access to it. This has the advantage that you’re guaranteed somewhere to sit and that the room doesn’t become over crowded.
Upon arrival we were greated by a member of staff who explained the v-room and showed us to our allocated seats. The room is split into a couple of different sections, there was the bar seating area, where we were, a family seating area, where noisy children are, a buffet area and a Virgin rep area. Seats were comfortable and there were several TVs dotted about (with subtitles to avoid disturbing travellers). The days newspapers and wifi access was available for use by any mobiles, laptops or tablets.
An all you can eat buffet is available, we travelled early morning so it had a good range of breakfast foods. Cereal, pastries, fruit, tea, coffee, tea and cooked breakfasts were all readily available and you’re able to have as much food as you’d like.
There is a Virgin holidays department within the v-room allowing you to plan your next holiday before you’ve even set off on your current holiday! The family area is great for those with kids, they have a games room and a dedicated Kinect room, with this being self contained it means you don’t need to worry about the kids running around and getting lost.
The only extra you might pay is if you fancy a tipple from the bar, otherwise everything I’ve mentioned is included in the price.
Once your flight opens for boarding the staff let you know and tell you where to go to. The v-room made for a very relaxing and pleasant start to the holiday, much better than being sat in uncomfortable chairs without anything to do.
The Virgin v-room was a great investment and one that’ll be made again next time I fly with Virgin Atlantic. I travelled with Virgin Atlantic who did a good deal on a complete package (so flights, hotel, transport, park tickets etc) and you can book direct via this link: http://bit.ly/1loc8bN (aff) or check prices via the search box below:
High Gain Freeview TV Aerial - August DTA240 - HD Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital HD Antenna for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio / SD / 4K - With Magnetic Base
- Optimized for digital reception - Receive clear Freeview broadcasting
- Magnetic base - Improve reception by harnessing large metal surfaces
- Compact and lightweight - Perfect for portable TV's and multimedia players
- Standard coaxial cable - Ideal for use with all Digital ready devices
- 4.9ft cable - Easy and flexible positioning for best reception
BT 600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi USB Dongle - Black
£15.00 in stock
2 used from £12.43
- Upgrade any device to dual-band Wi-Fi for a faster and more reliable connection
- Works with all Broadband providers
- Reliable high speed data transfer (N600) for downloading music, multiple HD/3D video streaming and playing online games
- Connect via USB, compatible with Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 and above)/Vista/7/8
- Easy set-up, simple push-button connection to your hub/router
Mountright MK001 Cantilever TV Stand with Swivel Bracket (27 to 55 Inch) Black Television Unit for LED, LCD, OLED, Plasma Screens | Single Shelf Mount Support
£56.19 in stock
2 used from £41.12
- GREAT FEATURES - Swivel - Height Adjustable - Cable Management - Base Shelf and a Floating Shelf - Anti-tip Counterbalanced Design - Non-Slip - Child and Pet Safe - Non-Scratch
- PRECISION ENGINEERING - Stable, Sturdy, Supportive, Sleek, and Space Saving - Fits with TVs which were previously wall mounted.
- UNIVERSAL - We love all TV's. Meets all VESA TV standards (mm)- from 100 x 200 to 600 x 400, ONE SIZE FITS ALL. We've got you covered. Ideal as a samsung tv stand replacement or for replacing lg tv stands, sony tv stands, or a technika tv stand - we cover all bases. (See product description for in depth specs)
- UK QUALITY and 5-YEAR MOUNTRIGHT WARRANTY - We are here to help. 24/7 product and technical support supplied with the product. Any questions? Give us a bell!
- MOUNTRIGHT EXTRAS - From us, For you. Fixing bolts to attach the TV stand to the television are provided with the package + a detachable magnetic spirit level to ensure your TV is absolutely level. SIMPLE - Easy instructions + Easy to put together + Easy cable management = Easy viewing! (See product description for further details)