The Vobot Smart Alarm clock adds to the growing number of devices integrating Amazon Alexa to add smart features to an otherwise standard device.
Rather than taking on the high end market and going up against the likes of the Amazon Echo or Sonos One the Vobot is aiming to win over those interested in the Amazon Dot, the smaller, cheaper, alternative to the Echo.
To offer a proper alternative the Vobot needs to do something different to the Dot, and it does that by adding a small screen. This screen means the Vobot is a clock most of the time, displaying a range of information on it’s little screen.
The screen is really good, clear enough to see during the day, at night it doesn’t light up the room and cause disruption to sleep. You can have a range of information displayed on the screen, for example time, day, date, or battery level, and it’ll cycle through the information (how quick it does this is up to you).
You’ll have noticed it shows battery information, that’s because, unlike the Dot, this has a rechargeable battery built in allowing you to take the Vobot away from the bedside, for example you could take it in the garden. Providing it’s got a WiFi connection all the functionality continues to work.
A nice little easter egg to try is to hold the volume down button for 7 seconds, this activates a game of breakout on the screen. It’s not something you’ll play a lot but it’s good fun to have a go and see if you can beat the game.
As with the Dot it has a line out connection allowing you to connect this to your existing speakers.
Being an alarm clock it has the ability to set an alarm, when it goes off it’s a very pleasant noise that increases in volume until you either turn it off or snooze it.
So far this all sounds a lot better than the Amazon Dot, but there are some issues to be aware of. For a start it doesn’t have the active listening ability of the Dot, you have to tap the top of the unit to make it listen to your voice. Some may see this as a positive, disliking the always listening nature of Alexa products, however as the activation button can be tricky to tap it proved to be fairly annoying to use.
When you do manage to hit the button you can use the same commands you would on a Dot, for example to control the Lifx smart bulbs.
Unfortunately there is one common in particular that doesn’t work and shows there to be a a major service missing from the Vobot: Spotify. Ask Vobot to play a song from Spotify and you’ll be told that’s not possible. It’s fine to play from Amazon music, but if you’re use to being able to listen to Spotify this is very disappointing and hopefully something that can be updated in a future software update.
Overall the Vobot offers an interesting alternative to the Dot. The lack of voice control would be fine if the activation button was easier to hit (for example just tap anywhere on top), however the real benefit of the Vobot is the screen, it makes this a great bedside companion and is a really good bedside clock that benefits from having Alexa functionality built in.
The Vobot is available from:
Vobot Smart Alarm Clock with Alexa Video Review
VOBOT Bunny Kids/Toddlers Smart Sleep Trainer with Amazon Alexa, Alarm Clock Including Night Lights and Sleep Sounds Customizable Sleep Training Program by Smartphone App - Bright Pink
- BUILT IN AMAZON ALEXA AND SPEAKER- For children, it can be a good storyteller, teacher, musician; for parents, it can be used by checking news and weather report, setting alarm and timer, controlling smart home devices and more. The built-in 5W speaker provides rich sound and music from Amazon Music with no need for extra devices.
- REMOTE CONTROL BY VOBOT APP- Control Vobot Bunny remotely from your smartphone via Wi-Fi. Therefore you can manage the sleep trainer schedule or change the setting anywhere on the planet as long as your device is online. And the parent control and kids lock function can disable Alexa and buttons on Vobot Bunny according to your needs.
- EASY SLEEP TRAINER MODE- Vobot Bunny has two pre-set scenario and of course you can create your own scenario. In OK to Wake, the red light and birds call means your little one can play around in bed; the yellow light and dawn sound mean your little one can play in he/her room; the green light means it's ok to leave the room. In Good Night, the blue light means your little one should be in bed and it's story time; the yellow light means it's time to sleep.
- GROW WITH KIDS- Vobot Bunny with RGB soft night lights and suitable ambiance sounds, kids can choose the color they like and you can also upload music which your kids like. Integrated Alexa Skills capable of telling stories, playing songs, answer questions and your kid will never get bored.
- WHY CHOOSE US- Reasonable price, good quality, superior service, one-year limited warranty and lifetime technical support. If you are not happy, contact our customer support team! (email@example.com) Package: 1 Vobot Bunny,1 micro USB cable,1 power adaptor, and 1 user manual.
Wifi Smart Bulb Colour Dimmable LED Light B22 Bayonet 60W Equivalent Bulb, Remote Control by Smart Device and Voice Control by Amazon Alexa & Google Home No Hub Required (Cool Daylight White 7W 6000K)
£13.99 in stock
3 used from £ 12.52
- 【Remote Control With Ease】Connected your smart bulbs with 2.4Ghz WiFi, you can simply remote control single/group lights to set brightness, warmth, or colour of the bulbs through a simple tap from the sofa, along with setting them to activate on a schedule/countdown/loop timing function, support family share devices control.
- 【Voice Control & Wide Compatibility】Seamlessly integrate with Amazon Alexa, included Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap & Echo Show, compatible with Google Home, Google Assistant, so you can control your home using voice commands. Bulbs support IFTTT and apps Smart Life, Jinvoo, Tuya, efamily Smart with your Android or IOS device.
- 【Customise Scenes & Stay Secure】With 16 million different colour lights and effects, you can create the perfect atmosphere in your living space, however you want your home to feel at any given moment. 6000 Kelvins daylight white lighting perfect fits in bathrooms, kitchens and basements for daily use and you can remotely control switch lamps on at certain times to simulate occupancy to make your home more secure.
- 【Better Design & Energy Efficient】Give your interior an instant upgrade with these eye-catching bulbs that fit right into your existing fixtures. Simple installation on B22 fitting base and easy setup on APP. No hub is required. Lower power consumption of 7 Watts and its luminosity is equivalent to 60 watt bulbs in 100% white. The shelf life is 13.7 years, saving up to 100 pounds of electricity per year.
- 【Buyer Beware: AVOID Buying Cheap Counterfeit】Brand AUSEIN only gives our full authorization to CZJ store as legal brand distributor to sell WIFI SMART BULB. Ordering products from CZJ store guarantees that you are buying original products. To avoid falling for counterfeit goods, please make sure your order is placed with CZJ store and it will be fulfilled by AMAZON to enjoy unconditional free replacement/refund! Welcome to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support