VuPoint are determined to make home photo printing as easy as possible, and if you don’t want to have a PC, printer and stack of paper taking up space then the Mini Cube Photo printer could be perfect for you.
The small form factor is easy to store away when not in use and is very easy to operate, requiring just a phone, tablet, or camera with PictBrige. You don’t even need to worry about putting paper, toner, or ink in, it’s all handled by a single print cartridge.
Each cartridge provides you with up to 12x 4″ x 16.4″, 18x 4″ x 11.2X or 36x 4″ x 6″. With 4×6 being a standard size most often used it’s worth keeping in mind they’ll cost approximately 36p a print
The advantage of this printer is you print directly from your phone, tablet or even camera, if it’s PictBridge compatible, via the USB port located on the side. The USB port can also be used with Apple and Android devices if you don’t want to connect wirelessly.
Printing from a camera is handy, but get the photos onto your mobile or tablet and you can use any number of editing apps to alter them before printing.
The mobile app is available for Android or iOS and allows you to take photos in the app or print photos stored on your mobile. The app has a number of different options that can be applied, it’s simple enough to use but lacks the power of other editing apps so you’ll likely want to apply filters and effects in your favourite app before using this app to print them.
Photo printing doesn’t take long, it’s a bit of a noisy process but one that’s interesting to watch as your photo moves in and out of the printer, building up the final photo. Once completed you can pick it up right away, making this great if you want to hand out photos to visitors.
Photo quality is very good and with it printing out there and then if you don’t like the photo or want to make some adjustments you can quickly do so and print another copy. That’s the big advantage of this printer, you don’t need a PC, laptop, or internet connection, you just print from your mobile or tablet.
It’s unlikely to replace your main photo printing service due to print costs, but for times when you want to print an individual photo it doesn’t get much simpler than this.
HP Envy Photo 6230 All-in-One Wi-Fi Photo Printer with 4 Months of Instant Ink Included, Black
- Print, copy and scan with fast speeds and keep tasks moving
- Save up to 70 percent on ink (HP 303 inks) with HP Instant Ink and never run out of ink; ordered by your printer, delivered to your door; 4 months trial included
- Printing photos just got easier from social media, the cloud and your camera-roll gallery
- Easily print photos and everyday documents directly from your smartphone or tablet
- Speed through multi-page print jobs with automatic two-sided printing
HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer (Blush Pink) Instantly Prints ZINK 2x3" Sticky-Backed Photos from your iOS & Android Device
- PERSONALIZE PHOTOS – Download the HP Sprocket App to create customized snapshots using filters, borders, emojis, and drawings created within the app.
- EXCLUSIVE FASHIONABLE FEATURES - curate your photos with the HP Sprocket app, and access exclusive frames, filters, and stickers for your 2x3” Photos.
- TAG AND PRINT – easily find and Print social media photos from your smartphone. Hashtag a photo in social media and use the HP Sprocket app to print right away.
- FUN AUGMENTED REALITY – use the HP Sprocket app to unlock content in Augmented reality and view shared Print queues, hidden videos, and more.
- HP ZINK PHOTO PAPER – load the 10 sheets of HP ZINK 2x3" Sticky-backed paper into your portable printer and create smudge-proof photos and stickers.