The xmartO WOS1344 security cameras system is an all in one video recording system. In the box are the cameras (4 in this case), the main DVR unit, a collection of cables and a mouse for use with the DVR.
Disappointingly for the price no hard drive is included, I picked up the WD 1 TB 3.5-inch Internal SATA Surveillance Storage Hard Drive for use in this, keep in mind the additional cost if you don’t have any spare drives. The DVR can accept 2.5″ or 3.5″ SATA hard drives, and these are quickly installed into the main unit.
The cameras are nicely designed, they’re smaller than you might expect and are rated for outdoor use.
On each camera is a short cable that splits into two, a power cable and an Ethernet cable. This proved to be a big problem during installation as the Ethernet plug is massive, it means you have to drill a large hole through the wall to fit through a cable you likely won’t even use. The power cable is a better size and it would make more sense for the camera to have a single cable into which you plug either a power or Ethernet adapter.
You likely won’t use the Ethernet plug as these cameras have WiFi built in.
One major benefit to this system is the ease of setup as they don’t operate over your existing network, the main DVR unit creates it’s own WiFi network and the cameras automatically connect to it, no messing around, just power them on and they auto connect.
This means you just turn the cameras on and the image then pops up on the system within a few minutes, no codes, no pairing, no WiFi passwords.
The DVR unit has connects to allow you to connect it to TVs or monitors. There are a couple of USB ports on the back, one of which will be used for the included mouse. The mouse is used to navigate the menu system, on loading there is a setup wizard to sort out the basics such as the time, date, network connection and recording conditions. To input text you click on the letters using the mouse.
Each camera can be set to record differently, e.g. one might record 27/7, another might record on motion detection.
Users can be set up and configured, handy if you want to give someone access to the cameras but want to restrict what they can do or the cameras they can see.
You also have options regarding how to view the cameras, for example you can have a single camera on screen or you could split the screen into 4.
Picture quality is good and the system allows you a number of different ways to see what’s going on. Plug the DVR into a TV/monitor and you can view the live streams directly, perfect if you want to use this in a work environment and need an always on feed.
If you want to tuck the DVR away in a cupboard rather than have it plugged in to a screen you can still access the cameras remotely, either via a desktop program, a web page or via a mobile app. You’ll need to ensure the DVR has internet access (it has an Ethernet port on the back) for remote viewing and once online it then also has options around sending emails and FTPing footage.
The desktop software was rather clunky and really needs a serious update to be user friendly. It’s ugly, unintuitive, and not at all easy to use. The
web version was better, allowing you quick access to search, view and download footage. The mobile app seemed OK some of the time, but for some reason the DVR keeps going offline and so the app can’t connect. I’ve not been able to figure out why sometimes it’s online and sometimes it’s offline.
Overall this is a versatile system that offers a lot of functionality. The camera design and ease of WiFi setup are the stars of the show, it’s a real pity they’re let down by the lack of hard drive, the needlessly frustrating installation process caused by the fat Ethernet cable hardwired into the cameras and the poor software support.
TP-Link Tapo Outdoor Security Camera/CCTV, Weatherproof, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa&Google Home, 3MP High Definition, Built-in Siren with Night Vision, 2-way Audio, SD Storage(Tapo C310)
- Compatibility - Works with Echo Show/Echo Spot/Fire TV and Google Home Hub/Chromecast so you can watch or stop live video streams with a simple voice command;
- 3MP High Definition with Weatherproof - ultra high 3MP(2304 × 1296) definition with enhanced night vision up to 98 ft.; Weatherproof ensures your device will be protected against rain and dust;
- Two-way Audio with Built-in Siren - Use crisp 2-way audio to communicate with the delivery person at your front door or use the siren to scare away intruders;
- Motion Detection and Activity Zones - Custom activity zones and notification will sent to your phone once motion is detected;
- SD Storage - Local storage supports up to 128GB Micro SD card (SD card is not provided).
Victure Security Camera System,1080P Wireless CCTV Camera System, Rechargeable Battery, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Smart Motion Detection, IP65 Weatherproof, HD Night Vision, 2-Way Audio
- [Independent & Large Storage Hub Connection] Independent network repeater makes the signal connection of Victure security camera system more stable. Cloud services and inserted memory card enable network repeater can be used as safty storage device
- [Low Power Consumption & Weatherproof] Two built-in 3000mAh batteries support the ultra-long time using of wireless security camera system. IP65 weatherproof function makes the camera system working well in any outdoor environment
- [Smart PIR Face Detection] Intelligent portrait detection technology filter out wrong information by recognizing faces while detecting motion, and send detected motion information to your mobile phone
- [Night Vision&2-Way Audio]Wireless security camera system with 1920*1080 resolution, no distortion at night. The camera built-in microphone speaker allows you to achieve contactless remote communication in any time
- [Sharing Video]You can share the video to the users who also have installed the App, and share the wireless security camera information with your familier on anytime and any place
Mibao Wireless Security Camera Outdoor, Rechargeable Battery Powered, FHD 1080P IP Camera, Night Vision, PIR Motion Sensor, Two-Way Audio, Cloud Storage, Compatible with Android/IOS
- 【True Wireless Camera with 10400mAh Battery】The Mibao P650 camera has a built-in 10400mAh battery, which can be used for 4 months after being fully charged (10 times wake up per day). With rechargeable battery, you don't need annoying cables for your outdoor wifi surveillance camera. It can send you notifications once the battery is low.
- 【PIR Motion Detection & Two Way Audio 】Surveillance camera equips with PIR sensors, makes it has flexible motion sensitivity to avoid false alarms caused by insects. You will receive a notification on your phone once any movement of human is detected. Built-in microphones and speakers allow you to communicate with people in front of the camera no matter where you are.
- 【5Dbi Enhanced Dual Antenna & 1080P FHD Resolution】 The P650 using dual antenna design, the signal is stronger and more stable, no need to worry about the home security camera disconnecting in use. More stable signal transmission better supports 1080P high-definition video transmission, and will not miss every detail.
- 【Stand up in The Stormy Night.】The latest IR LED technology provides batter night vision，with up to 50ft range, the IR light automatically turns on night vision mode when ambient light is low, protecting all your home even in the darkest night. The wireless security camera is not only made with waterproof material, but the card slot is also specially designed at the bottom to better resist wind and rain.
- 【Safe Cloud & SD Card Storage】The camera supports cloud storage service on the app CloudEdge, which encrypts your data with bank-level encryption to protect your recordings and for your remote access. For your convenience, you can also save your motion triggered recordings in microSD cards (Not Include).