The xmartO WOS1344 security cameras system is an all in one video recording system. In the box are the cameras (4 in this case), the main DVR unit, a collection of cables and a mouse for use with the DVR.
Disappointingly for the price no hard drive is included, I picked up the WD 1 TB 3.5-inch Internal SATA Surveillance Storage Hard Drive for use in this, keep in mind the additional cost if you don’t have any spare drives. The DVR can accept 2.5″ or 3.5″ SATA hard drives, and these are quickly installed into the main unit.
The cameras are nicely designed, they’re smaller than you might expect and are rated for outdoor use.
On each camera is a short cable that splits into two, a power cable and an Ethernet cable. This proved to be a big problem during installation as the Ethernet plug is massive, it means you have to drill a large hole through the wall to fit through a cable you likely won’t even use. The power cable is a better size and it would make more sense for the camera to have a single cable into which you plug either a power or Ethernet adapter.
You likely won’t use the Ethernet plug as these cameras have WiFi built in.
One major benefit to this system is the ease of setup as they don’t operate over your existing network, the main DVR unit creates it’s own WiFi network and the cameras automatically connect to it, no messing around, just power them on and they auto connect.
This means you just turn the cameras on and the image then pops up on the system within a few minutes, no codes, no pairing, no WiFi passwords.
The DVR unit has connects to allow you to connect it to TVs or monitors. There are a couple of USB ports on the back, one of which will be used for the included mouse. The mouse is used to navigate the menu system, on loading there is a setup wizard to sort out the basics such as the time, date, network connection and recording conditions. To input text you click on the letters using the mouse.
Each camera can be set to record differently, e.g. one might record 27/7, another might record on motion detection.
Users can be set up and configured, handy if you want to give someone access to the cameras but want to restrict what they can do or the cameras they can see.
You also have options regarding how to view the cameras, for example you can have a single camera on screen or you could split the screen into 4.
Picture quality is good and the system allows you a number of different ways to see what’s going on. Plug the DVR into a TV/monitor and you can view the live streams directly, perfect if you want to use this in a work environment and need an always on feed.
If you want to tuck the DVR away in a cupboard rather than have it plugged in to a screen you can still access the cameras remotely, either via a desktop program, a web page or via a mobile app. You’ll need to ensure the DVR has internet access (it has an Ethernet port on the back) for remote viewing and once online it then also has options around sending emails and FTPing footage.
The desktop software was rather clunky and really needs a serious update to be user friendly. It’s ugly, unintuitive, and not at all easy to use. The
web version was better, allowing you quick access to search, view and download footage. The mobile app seemed OK some of the time, but for some reason the DVR keeps going offline and so the app can’t connect. I’ve not been able to figure out why sometimes it’s online and sometimes it’s offline.
Overall this is a versatile system that offers a lot of functionality. The camera design and ease of WiFi setup are the stars of the show, it’s a real pity they’re let down by the lack of hard drive, the needlessly frustrating installation process caused by the fat Ethernet cable hardwired into the cameras and the poor software support.
All-new Blink Outdoor | Wireless, weather-resistant HD security camera with two-year battery life and motion detection | 3-Camera System
- Blink Outdoor is a wire-free battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Blink Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Blink Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home indoors or out, come rain or shine.
- Get motion detection alerts on your phone with the option to customise motion zones in the Blink Home Monitor app so you’re only alerted when you need to be.
- See, hear and speak to visitors with Live View in real time and two-way audio features on your Blink Home Monitor app (live view is not continuous).
HeimVision Wireless Rechargeable Battery Security Camera, 1080P CCTV WiFi Home Surveillance Camera with 2-Way Audio, Night Vision, Waterproof, Motion Detection, Cloud Service and SD Card Slot
- 100% Wire-Free & Solar Powered: Built-in rechargeable battery, the installation, and the connection of HeimVision battery security camera are 100% wireless, which gives you the added convenience of not having to deal with any outlets or tangled mess of wires. An international-standard battery of high quality endures over time. Compatible with HMS1 Solar Panel, it is solar-power rechargeable, and that enables easy installation and usage outside. (Sold separately)
- Easy to Use & Cloud Service: Exclusive App HeimLife is available for download on GooglePlay and in the App Store for your use of the camera. The user interface provides a satisfying user experience while easing the pairing, recording, and browsing process. Secure HeimLife cloud service requires no personal data and protects surveillance videos with HTTPS Certified Security. Unlimited Cloud Storage for a limited fee. With this service, you can browse your surveillance history anywhere, anytime.
- 1080P HD Resolution & Night Vision：A resolution of 1080P to its clearest possible range with the installed chip of leading technology. HeimVision Outdoor Security Camera can auto-switches to night vision mode when it darks out. With 130° wide-angle, the surveillance range is convenient for outdoor and indoor use.
- Effective & Efficient: PIR sensor detects mammals and sends alerts to your phone. HeimLife App pushes the most accurate real-time notification. With the two-way audio feature, Security Camera can also be used as a pet camera or a dog camera.
- Durable Design & Premium Services: Outdoor security camera boasts a durable and long-lasting design that is weatherproof for years of reliable outdoor use, even in rain and snow. With well-experienced engineers and dedicated support teams, we always stand by our side and ready to help you If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
TOGUARD 1080P 8CH Wireless CCTV NVR Home Security Camera System 4Pcs Outdoor/Indoor WiFi Surveillance Cameras with Motion Detection Email Alert Night Vision Remote Monitor Waterproof No Hard Drive
£135.99 in stock
- 【Plug & Play and Easy Setup】 The wireless security cctv cameras and NVR have been auto-paired before packaging. Just connect the NVR and cameras to the power supply and you can use it right away. Please also refer to the installation video for further instructions. TOGUARD security camera system is perfect for various occasions such as house, office, store, school, business, warehouse or other places.
- 【Motion Detection Alarm and Email Alert】When motion is detected, the smart notification of the snapshot alert will be pushed to your smartphone via email or iPhone / Android app. The motion detection function of the wireless security camera system uses intelligent algorithms to minimize false alarms, which remind you only when it matters.
- 【Remotely View Anytime and Anywhere】Wireless Security Camera System allows you to view the live video remotely anytime and anywhere by phone and Pad (available for Android & IOS system). Download free APP “IP Pro”, you can view the video by WiFi or 2G/3G/4G network. This video recorder system supports video preview, recording, sync-playback, backup, motion detection, and email alarm. You can remote access simultaneously on smart devices.
- 【IP 66 Waterproof】 TOGUARD wifi security cctv camera is rated with IP66, the working temperature ranges from -20℃~50℃ (-4°F to 122°F) made with dust tight and waterproof and cover with durable housing, it is vandal proof and can work well under harsh weather, even in the storm and snowy weather. Up to 15m Night Vision. Best choice for your outdoor home security.
- 【High Quality Service】Professional customer service will work on fixing any issue within 24 hours. You will enjoy the best shopping experience! ❤Please Note: Hard Drive is not included. ❤Wireless means the cameras can automatically connect to the NVR wirelessly, but cameras and NVR require power supply all the time. ☻The expandable system can support up to 8 cameras for 1 NVR, additional cameras can be purchased from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DFP74H9