The Zus Smart USB Charger and Car Finder is an interesting take on the humble car charger, not only does it allow you to charge two USB powered devices at once, it also helps you find your car.
Now to be clear this isn’t a car tracker, the finder element is a car location remembering tool. When you park up the Zus automatically communicates with an app on your phone and the app logs the car location. If you’re not sure where your car is (it’s happened a number of times in the Trafford Centre’s large car park!) you whip out your mobile, fire up the app and get a compass giving you a distance and pointing you in the general direction.
Generally this has worked rather well, it gives you the direction to go as the crow flies rather than step by step directions. If you’re not parked in a wide open car park but instead are parked on some back street you have the option of taking a look at a map view of the cars location, giving you an idea of the street you need to go down.
This therefore relies on your mobile having a decent GPS signal, which is fine in outdoor car parks, but to date this hasn’t been tried in a multi story or underground car park where the GPS signal could be blocked.
The app has an additional feature that allows you to record how long you have in your parking spot, handy for timed parking situations and allows you to share your cars location, extra handy if you need someone to pick it up for you.
When you park up the app will let you know the location’s been recorded and check if you want to set a time. It’d be good if you could set ‘no assistance required’ zones, for example when parking up at home or work there isn’t really a need to get a notification that the car location has been recorded.
The build quality is very good, much better than low cost in car chargers and it does a good job of quickly charging as you can see in the review video.
nonda ZUS Smart Car Charger, Car Charger with App to Save Car's Location and Monitor Car Battery, 2 Ports Car Charger with Led for iPhone XS/Max/XR/X/8/7/6/Plus
- Ultra-fast charge. The Nonda Zus car charger can charge two devices at the same time without slowing down. It is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod, Nexus 5X, Galaxy and much more
- Very easy to use thank to the reversible USB ports: with the Nonda car charger, the usual USB ports can now be connected in both directions. It is the same use as the USB-C
- You are not going to loose your car anymore! With the smart tracker, Zus automatically saves your car's location in the app, so you do not have to remember where you parked it
- Zus help you to save your money. You can set an alarm to alert you when your ticket ends. In addition to than it has a system which monitors the consumption of your battery
- ZUS is designed to withstand very high temperatures thanks to durable materials which respect US military standards: coated with titanium. Zus has been awarded internationally
nonda FBA_ZU44BKRN 9/12/2018, Black
£44.99 in stock
- Nonda smart. Charger type: Car.
- Power supply type: Cigarette lighter.
- Charger compatibility: Universal. Input voltage: 12-24. Number of USB 2.0 ports: 2. Product colour: Black.
'nonda ZUS Super Duty USB A to Micro USB Cable with Aramid Fiber[4foot/1.2meter, 90-Degree], Charger and Data Sync, for Android Smartphones including Samsung, Nexus, LG, Kindle (Black)'
£7.99 in stock
- Charge up and sync data with Android smartphones, tablets, and Windows Phone that have a Micro USB port. Compatible with Samsung Note 3/4/5, Galaxy S3/S4/S5/S6 Edge S7, Nokia Lumia, LG and others.
- 10X Longer Lifespan: Enhanced by the Military Grade Aramid fibre and braided nylon, the ZUS Cable can bend 15,188 times
- Lifetime Warranty: Every ZUS Cable is covered by a lifetime warranty.
- Perfect Pairing with the ZUS Car Charger: Designed in Germany, the ZUS Cable works with the ZUS Smart Car Charg to charge up your phones and tablets at 2X the charging speed.
- Comes with a 90-degree, straight USB plug design