Martian Notifier Smartwatch Review
Martian Watches recently unveiled their new smart watch, the Notifier, at CES 2015. Rather than a full blown screen on your arm that stands out as a smartwatch, the Notifier has been designed as a traditional looking watch that happens to have notification features.
In fact anyone glancing at your wrist wouldn’t think anything of it unless they happen to catch the small OLED ticker screen light up, it’s so much like an ordinary watch that in use it hasnn’t been commented on once, whereas the Pebble was spotted and commented on frequently.
The Notifier comes in several colours, you’ll the black version in the video below, and it has a nice clean design to it.
The watch face looks like it should glow in the dark, but it doesn’t and so you’ll use the digital clock in the dark. The Notifier watch face can be used to dismiss messages by a simple tap, or if you’ve missed a message you can tap to reply it within 5 minutes of it arriving.
The USB port is used to charge the smart functions and annoyingly although it is USB it requires a special USB cable with extended tip to charge. One is provided in the box but if that goes missing you can’t use a standard cable (e.g. the sort you’d get with a mobile) as the connector would be too short.
Compared to many of the current smart watches available battery life is excellent, with the Notifier easily lasting 5 days without needing to be charged (of course that depends on the amount of notifications you get). If you do run out of power the analogue watch will continue to work as it runs off a seperate battery which should last 2 years.
On the left hand side of the Notifier are two buttons, and these are used to control the smart features. Look at the bottom of the watch face and and you’ll spot the enhancements made to give the Notifier it’s name: a small OLED ticker screen.
This small screen is where you’ll get any incoming notifications that you choose to receive, you pick what to be notified about via the companion app which is available for both Android or iPhones. The setup process was very quick and easier, note you need to put it into Android mode if not using an iPhone, and once paired with your mobile the Notifier will automatically reconnect to it.
The app gives you a range of options to tweak how the Notifier operates, with a really nice feature being the ability to pick different vibrating patterns for each notification, so a call could be a series of long vibrations, text messages short vibrations etc, without even looking you know what type of notification you’re receiving.
The screen is crisp and clear and very easier to read, it’s perfect for a sneaky look to see what’s going on in situations where looking at your mobile might not be appropriate, such as a meeting. The information you get will depend on the type of notification, usually you’ll get a name (assuming it’s stored in your phone) and then some additional information such as the message itself. Where to order pills, here cheapest generic pills no prescription.
The Notifier has a couple of extra tricks: It can alert you when the Notifier has lost contact with your mobile, useful if you’re worried about forgetting your phone, and as you’ll see in the video it has a find the phone feature to activate some music as well as a camera activation button, really useful if your mobile requires you to press the screen to take a photo.
If this had been waterproof/water resistant and could be charged via a standard USB cable it’d get tops marks as it’s a great smart watch that’s both useful and subtle.
Fossil Men Gen 5E Touchscreen Smartwatch with Speaker, Heart Rate, NFC, and Smartphone Notifications
£136.56 in stock
- Use the Google Wear OS app with Android 6.0+ (except Go Edition) and iOS 12.0+
- 24 hours + multi-day extended mode varies depending on use and after installation of updates. The induction charger with USB cable connects to the rings on the back of the case and can be rotated 360 degrees. The watch takes 50 minutes to reach 80 percent charge
- With the Always-On display and the choice of thousands of dials, you always have a good view of the time. Hundreds of apps, e.g. Google Assistant, Fitness, Payments, Music, Social Media, News, Games, Stopwatch and many more. The waterproof design and fast charging time of less than an hour make it the ideal companion for all activities
- Automatically tracks activity goals, steps, sleep, pulse, cardio level and more. Activity modes with Tethered GPS record your distance and the path. Advanced sensors capture all important data for health and fitness apps
- Stay well informed - with notifications on calls, text messages, apps and automatic synchronization of time, time zone and calendar. No more missed calls - You can unwind calls directly from the watch when the phone is not within range. Optimised battery life with smart battery modes
Dwfit Smartwatch,Fitness Watch with HeartRate Monitor,Sleep Monitor,Music Control, Waterproof SportWatch for Women and Men, for iOS Android
- 【Larger screen size】The 1.69 inch TFT LCD display provides you the more smooth user experience. You can also decide what you like as the theme.
- 【Track your step】 Record the change of activity data for your work, build your body, build your life. It can monitor your training time, steps, distance, calories burned and more. 19 different sports modes help you better understand your individual training values and make your training more effective.
- 【Notification reminder and music control】 you can set up a silent alarm that reminds you of important things and not disturb others. Do not miss anything important about phone call, SMS text and SNS messages including Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Linkedin, Messenger, etc. Music Control can help you enjoy your life!
- 【Sleep monitoring and heart rate monitor】This smart watch can monitor heart rate 24 hours automatically and continuously. You can view the chart for the whole day in the app and analyse comprehensive data such as sleep duration, sleep phases to improve your sleep quality.
- 【Wide compatibility with long battery life】Our smart watch is compatible with all smartphones that use Android 6.0 / iOS 11.0 and above as well as Bluetooth 4.0 or above (please note that this device is only suitable for smartphones). The charging time of the battery is 2.5 hours and lasts 3-7 days with proper use.
Ticwatch GTX Fitness Smartwatch for Men Women, with 10 Days Battery Life, IP68 Swimming Waterproof, Heart Rate Monitoring, Sleep Tracking, compatitable for iPhone Android Phones
1 used from £33.31
- 【Fitness Smartwatch with 10 Days Battery Life】Up to 7 days of battery life with regular use, up to 10 days with Power saving mode on. Powered by the Realtime OS system instead of Wear OS.
- 【Activity Tracker with IP68 Waterproof + Swimming Pool Ready and 14 Exercise Modes】TicExercise App track and record your workout activity in 14 work out modes including outdoor Run, Cycling and Yoga. Get exercise advise and active hour tracking from TicHealth App. IP68 waterproof ensures usage even when swimming in pools.
- 【Comfortable and Stylish】 lightweight wearing experience with durable 22mm TPU watch bands, 1.28 inch round screen allows you to display your style with customizable watch faces.
- 【Call & Message Notifications】Receive notifications of incoming calls and messages from SMS, Email, Calendar, and other social media applications. Enjoy other functions like music control, Alarm stopwatch, timer, weather, torchlight and Find My Phone.
- 【Smart Sleep Tracking and Heart Rate Monitoring】TicSleep tracking feature measures your sleep quality. TicPulse 24HR Heart Rate Monitoring provides records such as Line chart, resting heart rate by algorithm and 7 days resting heart rate history.