Virgin Media Superhub 2 Wifi Problem
For some months now the Superhub 2 has had a curious problem, one which Virgin have so far been unable to resolve. The problem is this, our mobiles connect to the wifi without a problem, they work as you’d expect. After some time you can’t access the internet, even though the phones are connected.
I’ve been talking to Virgin for some time and the following has been tried:
- Changed the wifi channel from Auto to a set number
- Adjusted the wifi speed
- Off shore call center changed power levels
- Gave the mobiles static IP addresses
- Engineer has come out and replaced a load of connectors and cabling (apparently whoever did the install did a poor job)
- Engineer also adjusted the power levels
- None of the above worked so a replacement Superhub was sent out
- As I’d escalated the matter someone came round to fit a replacement Superhub without cancelling the replacement that had been shipped out
- The second Superhub had the same issue
- I purchased an Asus RT-N66U router to test if the problem was the phones, during two and a bit days of use there were no issues
- I took the Asus back and figured I might as well try the third Superhub router that had been sent to me
- Still have the same issue, it’s the 3rd Superhub that features in my video
This issue only occurs with the Superhub 2. The phones work without a problem on other wifi networks (including my brothers house, which has an original Superhub).
I’ll be calling Virgin back later and will update this page with any further information. If you’ve had this problem and have a resolution please leave a comment below or get in touch via the contact page.